Another Gaff contract thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Gaff wants to go and was so 'pissed' with being drafted by WCE then why the hell didn't he say something to the WC recruiting staff before being drafted??

I call BS on the Gossage story but if true it's VERY low by Gaff to allow a club to draft him when he knew very well he didn't want to leave Vic.

If Gaff leaving is so certain then why haven't we heard anything from the Victorian media (Hutchison and Barrett) about it then? Yeah I know Gaff plays for a WA team but surely they would have heard something from Vic club sources about something

+1 So much this

The Victorian media would be all over this. A talented high draft pick wanting to return home. It would be a field day for them but not a single word spoken about it. If Gaff really wanted out and has let others know already, then why have we heard it from only ONE person?

Are you suggesting that Andrew Gaff should kill someone?

Yup. He can start with Ebert and work his way up to Judd. :D

In all seriousness though, the season hasn't even started yet. Gaff seems like a pretty decent young kid so i'll give him the benefit of the doubt and we'll see. I can say this much though. IF he does leave i shall expect us to take off our rose coloured glasses and attack the playing list of any damn team we want. Hopefully the Port fiasco has made some people on here realize that there is no such thing as an honest deal. Looking forward to running into Rohde. ****ing Maggot.

Surely West Coast would have been very confident when they drafted him that he would be a long term player for WC.

Remember they could have got Polec who is from Adelaide or Heppell who is from Vic Country and even Conca was pick 6 who is from WA. Or they could have reached for Darling even with their first pick.

This was a very important draft for WC and I am sure they did their homework on all of the draft hopefuls.

I hope...

Here's my take on Gaff's contract:

- Gossage has been hammering this for a while. I think he is just riding the odds with this one. Highly rated young player refuses extension with successful, up and coming team. It doesn't add up.

- I could be wrong, but NicNat and Darling both re-upped in their rookie seasons. Might mean nothing, but it's pretty clear Gaff is the one holding off.

- Only logical reason I can see for Gaff to resist re-upping (other than leaving in 2012 :() is to strengthen his bargaining position. It's possible he wants to kick some ass in early 2012 to up his asking price.

- Much like this year with Ebert, we'll know his true position about midway through the season. With Ebert, after announcements of other re-signings and Ebert's name remained conspicuous, every day that passed was one day closer to him leaving. It makes no sense for a player to leave that dark cloud hanging if he wants to focus fully on football.

I had the same inclination with Judd in '07. Scully this year, and I think the same will happen with Gaff. If it gets to mid season and he hasn't re-signed, he is as good as gone. Until then I think we can leave the issue alone.

I'm quite sceptical of this. Not many 19 year olds would be playing tactics to try to get a massive contract first up.

WC is a rich club and if the boy eventually begins to star then they will make him a millionaire no problems. I just don't see the point of not re-signing by now.

I'm quite sceptical of this. Not many 19 year olds would be playing tactics to try to get a massive contract first up.

WC is a rich club and if the boy eventually begins to star then they will make him a millionaire no problems. I just don't see the point of not re-signing by now.

Or Gaff is actually waiting for the CBA to pass through like he has told a few journalists before he re-signs.

For every month he doesnt sign the rumors and speculation will ramp up.

Him leaving would be a bitter pill to swallow given we should have had pick no 1 in that draft, if it wernt for the GC.

But if he did want to leave i wouldnt hold it against him, he has a right, as long as he is willing to go to any of the melbourne clubs, it should be a fairly competitive bidding war.

it would suck, but the door swings both ways lose judd and gaff, pick up josh hill and the homesick motlop ........... **** it i change my mind this shit is gay

I thought there was only one logical, reasonable solution. If he wants to stay we shower him in glory and if he wants to leave we sneak up behind him and slit his throat so he doesnt get to play for anybody.......

Or Gaff is actually waiting for the CBA to pass through like he has told a few journalists before he re-signs.
Didn't think of this aspect. It's possible... but I can't imagine the new CBA to be that so significant that players forgo job security for a minor bump in pay.

(Knowing you are one serious injury from having your career derailed, you'ld lock in the extra years and guaranteed money wouldn't you?)

I will give Gaff 'til mid season before entertaining any thoughts of him leaving.

I thought there was only one logical, reasonable solution. If he wants to stay we shower him in glory and if he wants to leave we sneak up behind him and slit his throat so he doesnt get to play for anybody.......

another solution is to rookie list a good friend and former team mate of his that has ability but has missed selection in the draft ,hell why not sign that into his contract .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gaff does remind me of Judd in terms of personality but I think this call by Gossage is bullshit, I think Gaff will be at the club for a 2-3 years atleast.

And you'd think we would of done our homework.

spotted this a few weeks back for those of you who haven't come across it elsewhere. Make of it what you will.

Id love gaff to stay and play his career with WC but Im not holding my breath, theres always been something unsettling about him. Hope Im wrong.

[YOUTUBE]rZA-v3hAhVA[/YOUTUBE]

Does anyone else remember Gaff being on the GWS shopping list along with Darling........I hope he wont pull a $cully

There would be much worse outcomes than that one. We'd get a mid first round pick in what is reputedly the strongest draft in a decade. Add that to our end of first round pick for winning the premiership and we'd be in great shape :p

There would be much worse outcomes than that one. We'd get a mid first round pick in what is reputedly the strongest draft in a decade. Add that to our end of first round pick for winning the premiership and we'd be in great shape :p

If Gaff continued on with the excellent form he has shown already we would get the same as Melbourne got for Scully. Actually Gaff has already shown more talent. Another finals campaign makes him worth more.

Re: Gossage is sure

yeah if spud slings enough mud some of it`s bound to stick .

why don`t we get similar rumours about top wa draftees wanting to come home .?
I think you all are a bunch of panic merchants.
If I was Gaffs manager, I would be telling him to improve his currency before accepting a new offer.
There has been rumours for three years that Rich wanted to come home but in the end he signed a new contract with Brisbane.
He is still a contracted Eagles player so IMO they still hold the Aces.

Gaff was a pick 4 and has shown in his 1st season he's going to be a great player. As if we'd only get a mid 1st round

Sorry people, I can't be bothered with this going on all pre-season. Gaff's still under contract at present, but you can re-visit next October if he hasn't signed by then. :thumbsu::)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back