Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

1000009954.png
1000009956.png

1000009957.png

Oh dear, Albo, not looking great. And why are voters turning away? Well, the following two graphs might explain it.

1000009953.png
1000009958.png

When you have the power of government and can directly intervene in the economy to lower prices, it's inexcusable that you're seen as less likely than the opposition to keep prices low.

When you have the power of government and can directly intervene in the economy to lower prices, it's inexcusable that you're seen as less likely than the opposition to keep prices low.
Any direct intervention is attacked, though.

Any direct intervention is attacked, though.
And? Do anything in politics and you get attacked. If Labor are afraid to be attacked, then they're afraid to do politics. Which begs the question as to why people should vote for them beyond not being the LNP. I might add that Labor embarked on the Voice fiasco despite knowing they'd be attacked on it.

It’s quite staggering.
Cost of living pre dated this govt and I don’t remember the coalition going one thing to ease it.

I remember parliament being shut down and lots of talk on religious discrimination. Dutton was a very senior cabinet minister
Other than the low income tax offset, fuel tax cut and all those interest rate hikes that hadn't happened?

It’s quite staggering.
Cost of living pre dated this govt and I don’t remember the coalition going one thing to ease it.

I remember parliament being shut down and lots of talk on religious discrimination. Dutton was a very senior cabinet minister

Of course the Coalition won't make the situation any better, but Australia's still very much in the two party mindset ("This Labor Government's no good, I'm voting Liberal. Now that they're in, they're also no good so I'm voting Labor"). In the French election in 2017, the two historic governing parties came fourth and fifth (and are now polling fifth and seventh overall), but we've not yet reached the point of "**** it, let's clear the deck". And I'm not sure that we have that appetite here, even with the general discontent.

I can't understand why anyone would vote for someone who won't even tell you what he'll do in government.
In the contrary, for the first time in years Dutton has announced a massive diversion from Labor's failing all renewables energy policy. I reckon it's a winner. Let's see how Albo goes as he puts the nations interests behind protecting the profits of Cannon Brookes, Holmes A Court, Malcolm Turnbull and Twiggy Forrest.

In the contrary, for the first time in years Dutton has announced a massive diversion from Labor's failing all renewables energy policy. I reckon it's a winner. Let's see how Albo goes as he puts the nations interests behind protecting the profits of Cannon Brookes, Holmes A Court, Malcolm Turnbull and Twiggy Forrest.

How is that different to Dutton protecting the profits of Gina and Palmer?

Also, each of the last three governments were in far worse positions a year out from an election and managed to recover ground. The fact the Albanese government is at worse breaking even means they're doing a lot better. Unless they shit the bed, I expect enough people will come back to them as the election choice ramps up that at worse it's a minority labor government.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh, the irony of complaining that Labor are protecting the profits of the rich while praising Dutton.

Of course the Coalition won't make the situation any better, but Australia's still very much in the two party mindset ("This Labor Government's no good, I'm voting Liberal. Now that they're in, they're also no good so I'm voting Labor"). In the French election in 2017, the two historic governing parties came fourth and fifth (and are now polling fifth and seventh overall), but we've not yet reached the point of "**** it, let's clear the deck". And I'm not sure that we have that appetite here, even with the general discontent.
For those over 35, that's true. But amongst the young, the Greens are polling better than the Coalition, and so far they aren't following past trends of getting more conservative as they age. Now that may or may not continue, but the major party combined primary has had a declining trend since 1975 and it shows no sign of stopping.

How is that different to Dutton protecting the profits of Gina and Palmer?

Also, each of the last three governments were in far worse positions a year out from an election and managed to recover ground. The fact the Albanese government is at worse breaking even means they're doing a lot better. Unless they shit the bed, I expect enough people will come back to them as the election choice ramps up that at worse it's a minority labor government.
Mining was around long before Dutton and is good for our country. The billionaires invested in renewables (that Albo is using tax dollars and a non nuclear energy policy to prop up) don't want nuclear plants to come online and render their projects expensive white elephants. IMO that's the main game here.

Last edited:
Mining was around long before Dutton and is good for our country. The billionaires invested in renewables (that Albo is using tax dollars and a non nuclear energy policy to prop up) don't want nuclear plants to come online and render their projects expensive white elephants. IMO that's the main game here.

You think private businesses are going to make nuclear viable with out subsidies??? LMFAO…

If the LNP did the same economic initiatives in regular times that they introduced temporarily during Covid, I'd hate them a lot less.
You mean like give away billions to businesses who didnt need it and never paid it back? It was one of the most reprehensible policies ever introduced in this country since i have been living (the only worse policy that comes to mind is the horrendous way we have locked up illegal refugees).

So you would prefer to protect the status quo with all the fossil fuel subsidies flowing to foreign owned companies?

You are either trolling or so woefully ignorant you literally get all your information from Liberal talking points. Mining currently takes billions in subsidies from the taxpayers while hoarding the profits and minimising employment at every opportunity. It's barely good for the country, at least not even a fraction as good (financially) as it could be, and is very very bad for the planet.

As for your bolded, I am sure renewables are quaking in their boots at the idea of nuclear coming online 'imminently', in 30 years or so.

You mean like give away billions to businesses who didnt need it and never paid it back? It was one of the most reprehensible policies ever introduced in this country since i have been living (the only worse policy that comes to mind is the horrendous way we have locked up illegal refugees).
No, I mean the low income tax offset and lifting Centrelink benefits to a decent standard.

You forgot Robodebt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

Back