Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

Morality is subjective. What is right? Who determines what's right?
The individual does. That's the point of asking The Punter what they think themselves.
In case of the ALP, the party is deciding what's right as a whole instead of allowing an individual vote.

I see no benefit in allowing individual politicians to determine what's right and wrong over the party - the rule is fine.
Systems are bound together by rules, and those rules can result in inequity or evil. To treat any system as infallible is to allow evil to pass by unimpeded, eventually.

We put systems in place because they achieve something for us. When those systems stop achieving those things, those systems should be abandoned.

The individual does. That's the point of asking The Punter what they think themselves.
At an individual level, I don't care what any politician believes or values. Idealistic people tend to cause the most damage to society. Most issues are not black and white.
Systems are bound together by rules, and those rules can result in inequity or evil. To treat any system as infallible is to allow evil to pass by unimpeded, eventually.

We put systems in place because they achieve something for us. When those systems stop achieving those things, those systems should be abandoned.
I agree, but there's very little desire from the public to change our political system. Australia is still one of the better nations to live in - we have no trouble bringing migrants in.

The myth:

images

The reality:

GFKYo_PawAAUHSN

My house insurance provider (see earlier) gave me a 30% annual rise on renewal. I called, complained and got it wound back to 2022 price. 20% reduction

Thats capitalism and not sure how a govt regulates that

Every year we ring about the house and car insurance to negotiate it down. They do it just because some people don't.
Oh yes we valued your land at 800 000 this year. WHY !!! its older? , you aren't insuring the planet its sitting on you thieving bastards.

Every year we ring about the house and car insurance to negotiate it down. They do it just because some people don't.
Oh yes we valued your land at 800 000 this year. WHY !!! its older? , you aren't insuring the planet its sitting on you thieving bastards.

It was pretty much the same value. And plugging the figure into thir website quote was obverse a thousand less.

Ditto bastards

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Part of the problem is that so many small businesses just pay minimum wage. If they weren't paying minimum/award wage and just set up a contract with their staff on their own terms that they understand, as long as they're above minimum/award, there's no worries.

If you adopt the award, then you have to fulfill all the obligations which can sometimes be difficult for people, who just want to sell coffee, to understand fully.
Than don't decide to open and run a business if your going to cut corners to make ends meat. Not sure why we should have sympathy for people who are not doing it for the right reasons ( a place that can bring the community together not a self serving exercise) and those same people than complain about wage rises. You wont have a business if you think people are happy with a minimum wage. Those days are gone especially in the current climate.

Yeah cool now show the cost of everything

This is a pretty tone deaf post. The lived experience of everybody with a mortgage or rent is that life is a lot harder at the moment. They need to be seen to be working harder, not patting themselves on the back.

Pat yourself on the back when people are actually better off.

This is a pretty tone deaf post. The lived experience of everybody with a mortgage or rent is that life is a lot harder at the moment. They need to be seen to be working harder, not patting themselves on the back.

Pat yourself on the back when people are actually better off.
tone deaf describes ALP self promotion accurately

He could have just added something like "We know the cost of living is still too high, and we will keep working on that." or just "We know many people are still doing it tough, and we have not forgotten them."

Probably some sort of PR no-no to mix the messages, but would be more authentic.

We got a massive discount on our car insurance just by questioning it. That has never worked in the past.

Like, 2/3 off. Literally.

We got a huge one years ago when it was getting out of hand. Then we've been going back every year since when the try to sneak it back up.

He could have just added something like "We know the cost of living is still too high, and we will keep working on that." or just "We know many people are still doing it tough, and we have not forgotten them."

Probably some sort of PR no-no to mix the messages, but would be more authentic.
How could they send out this comms, though? Do they seriously think there are a lot of people thinking "gee, aren't we thankful that our taxes and wages are in a slightly better position but our overall economic position is a lot worse off".

I guess people with savings will be laughing. In which case, why doesn't the Govt do something to balance the impacts out.

At the moment, the Haves are having more and the have-nots are having less thanks to the RBA's monetary policy, so the Govt needs to do something with fiscal policy to manage the consequences. Instead, it seems Governments want to do nothing about it. Which is just stupid.

How could they send out this comms, though? Do they seriously think there are a lot of people thinking "gee, aren't we thankful that our taxes and wages are in a slightly better position but our overall economic position is a lot worse off".

I guess people with savings will be laughing. In which case, why doesn't the Govt do something to balance the impacts out.

At the moment, the Haves are having more and the have-nots are having less thanks to the RBA's monetary policy, so the Govt needs to do something with fiscal policy to manage the consequences. Instead, it seems Governments want to do nothing about it. Which is just stupid.
So they shouldn't promote anything positive because of the cost-of-living crisis? Seems a sure-fire way to lose and election.

The message was simply 'we have created more jobs' and they say they are working to get Australians ahead. And it's just a tweet, they probably tweet hundreds of messages a week. Hardly seems like something to get worked up about.

Who can afford NOT to insure? It's a necessary evil.

Correct.

Knew a guy who got caught in the middle of a pileup on the freeway while he was a student. Apparently in those cases everyone sues everyone behind them or something.
He went to the free legal advisers at his Uni, and they basically said, "accept guilty, tell them you've got no money and no insurance ". It worked for a while.

Many years later ( i think the statute might be around 6 years ), he had a job and was saving for a wedding and a house.
Suddenly he gets this bill, and it wasn't chicken feed.

My thoughts are that accident damage claims should be capped.
IE : You can drive a million dollar car, but if someone else hits you, you don't get more than $200 000.
The road is a dangerous place. Accidents happen on the road daily.
If you want to risk a million dollars in a dangerous place, the risk is yours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

Back