Anti-Football Media/General Public and Police Thread!

Which sport is more popular?

• Rugby

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Soccer

Votes: 13 81.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

CVGFvFmUYAIlMSt.jpg

"Suburban terrorists". I'm done. I'm ******* done. This is getting beyond a joke now.
Susie O'Brien has history of being a sensationalist campaigner. She's like this with everything.

Upon my earlier post I've since actually researched this whole thing more and it's a farce. Gallop's pathetic.

Ian Robson on Hungry for sport :thumbsu:

this occurred to me this morning after listening to idiot obrien.

those who are on wilsons side note a spectator who runs on the pitch is banned. yes if anyone goes onto the pitch without accreditation they must be banned. agreed.

quarters said "people power has spoken, out they come in their 1000s..."

a caller noted that in footy or cricket when people are ejected nothing is really said. true.

for me i was thinking it could be from either hatamoto or the FFA, either way its complete crap i am sick of feeling like a criminal just because i support a football team also another garbage piece from her, pretty much the same garbage as i last posted

Rebecca Wilson: It’s time to stop the football louts

November 22, 2015 12:42am
Rebecca WilsonThe Sunday Telegraph

Rebecca Wilson.
IT makes for shocking reading and, once read, will see every football-loving families cringe with horror.

Soccer in Australia is at risk of becoming on a par with the worst of the English Premier League and European soccer turmoil.

The biggest problem is Football Federation Australia and the Wanderers are reluctant to engage in a full and frank admission that the problem has become endemic and acute.

The two bodies must concede that there are some rats in the ranks of club supporters who wreak havoc at games.

They must show us a way out of the stand-off with police, hamstrung by an organisation too willing to blame everyone but themselves for a cultural problem within the sport that worsens each season.

FFA is loath to make a genuine and concerted stand against the Wanderers because of the value they deliver the A-League. What it sees are full stadiums, passionate fans and big sponsorship deals.

A security guard removes a flare from the ground, during the A-League match between Melbourne City and Western Sydney Wanderers on November 13. Picture: AAP/Joe Castro
When the violence begins, when the assaults start, when fans are handed bans, they say all other sports are the same.

They are not. Pointing the finger at a few drunk cricket yobbos and a small base of Bulldogs fans belies the savagery of hundreds of A-League fans.

One of the best anecdotal examples of denial is the Western Sydney Wanderer fan leader who lodged an official complaint about an opposition banner displayed at a match.

He chose to ignore that dozens of those banner wavers were assaulted on their way to the game that night or had flares thrown at them during the game.

Police and stadium security forces are privately concerned at the direction in which match days are heading.

The game-playing, the mincing of words, is over. The shame file must be enough to bring about genuine change.

Every Australian soccer fan who wants a safe environment in and around A-league matches deserves nothing less.
Clearly Bec Wilson never went to an ODI day nighters in Melbourne when the 50 over game was popular.

Ian Robson on Hungry for sport :thumbsu:

Well done, Robson.

Kevin is a dipstick, 1 person lighting a flare is like blowing up Melbourne. I suppose he thinks there's a violence against women culture in the AFL as well.

anonymous texted RSN morning show in reference to flares/crowd behaviour texted in "it wouldnt happen in the afl".

jesus christ, what an antiquated POV. i mean, no shit, its a different sport, different atmosphere. but anti social behaviour happens everywhere. its strange, the average middle aged bloke loves biff, violence, swearing....but if any of that appears at a victory etc game its "oh no that's disgraceful".

another genius texted in "they brought this from europe to our shores".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

anonymous texted RSN morning show in reference to flares/crowd behaviour texted in "it wouldnt happen in the afl".

jesus christ, what an antiquated POV. i mean, no shit, its a different sport, different atmosphere. but anti social behaviour happens everywhere. its strange, the average middle aged bloke loves biff, violence, swearing....but if any of that appears at a victory etc game its "oh no that's disgraceful".

So don't set off flares.

Funny how there hasn't been much made of that Freo fan that hit a woman at Subi...

I can only assume such people have never been to a Collingwood or a Richmond match.

Leaving the G in September after Richmond dogged it against North was the most intimidating sporting experience I've ever had. There were fans throwing bottles, I saw one kid get punched after a drunk swung at an adult and missed, I saw another guy getting dragged out by his legs by the cops, I saw another guy outside screaming with a cops knee in his back.

But "zOMG, flares!"

I can only assume such people have never been to a Collingwood or a Richmond match.

Leaving the G in September after Richmond dogged it against North was the most intimidating sporting experience I've ever had. There were fans throwing bottles, I saw one kid get punched after a drunk swung at an adult and missed, I saw another guy getting dragged out by his legs by the cops, I saw another guy outside screaming with a cops knee in his back.

But "zOMG, flares!"
Flares are illegal and, as someone who has friends with respitory problems, a hazard regarding health.
But hey be that juvenile guy who complains he cant do something illegal. Kind of like the guy caught speeding using the "everyone does it" excuse to get out of it.

World Series one day cricket at its peak saw 100+ evictions for drunkeness and plenty of fights. It was just a bunch of yobbos having fun though, nothing more. Seen many a fight at Ashes tests between boozed up Barmy Army clowns (a large group.

Contrast with the reporting style from the anti-football media. One idiot throws a flare and all of a sudden it's an entire group of active supporters who are hooligans and a threat to society.

Both situations are the same but the way they are reported couldn't be more different. Unfortunately for the shock jocks reporting that there were 1 or 2 idiots out of a large crowd which is well behaved in general doesn't generate click bait and/or sell papers.

Probably the best example of this was the media reporting after MVFC vs Sydney FC in Dec 06 (crowd of 50,333). I was actually there and saw the aftermath of the game. There were a few minor scuffles afterwards between a couple of idiots who were too drunk but nothing more. On the news report they showed a group of south end fans chanting & reported it as if there was mass fighting & violence after the game which simply was not true.

Flares are illegal and, as someone who has friends with respitory problems, a hazard regarding health.
But hey be that juvenile guy who complains he cant do something illegal. Kind of like the guy caught speeding using the "everyone does it" excuse to get out of it.

Where has anyone defended the use of flares, pinhead?

If you want to engage in the debate speaking in truths and without hysteria, I'm happy to do that. But don't come in here trolling and putting words in peoples mouths.

Where has anyone defended the use of flares, pinhead?

If you want to engage in the debate speaking in truths and without hysteria, I'm happy to do that. But don't come in here trolling and putting words in peoples mouths.

Yes you want to engage in debate by starting with name calling. Fmd idiot.

Football will never take off here, unfortunetly, until some fans pull their heads out of their asses and realise not everyone is out to get them.

So you didnt end your post with "but omg flares"?

Trying to say that theres violence in other sports, true, but then making light of another illegal activity in soccer?

No hysteria here. Been a member of the skyblues for 8 years. I want the game to go big.

Hmmm

I mean look at most of the posts here. Instead of saying we need to fix a problem our comp/code has, its all "other sports do it!!". I mean what kind of childish bullshit is that?

Yes you want to engage in debate by starting with name calling. Fmd idiot.

Football will never take off here, unfortunetly, until some fans pull their heads out of their asses and realise not everyone is out to get them.

So you didnt end your post with "but omg flares"?

Trying to say that theres violence in other sports, true, but then making light of another illegal activity in soccer?

No hysteria here. Been a member of the skyblues for 8 years. I want the game to go big.

Hmmm

No one has defended the use of flares. My post points out the hypocrisy of ignoring violence at AFL games and ignoring up to 200 people being thrown out of cricket games when, as I've stated previously, 3 flares have been ripped at Melbourne Victory games this season across 5 games and 140,000 supporters - but this is front page news. (This isn't just media that does it - people have done it everywhere, they've identified less than 10 flares being ripped at A-League games across Australia this season as the difference between football and other codes when, as I've said, a Richmond game when they've lost is a far more intimidating environment)

People like you are the reason that the FFA have screwed this up so badly - they're more intent on pandering to "sokkha bashers" who will never attend or appreciate the game, and would rather hysterically scream whatever bullshit News Corp fed them from their keyboard instead of going to the game and discovering what the game and the atmosphere really are.

And yes, people are emotional about this, because 3 flares this season in crowds of 140,000 resulted in us being labeled terrorists not once, but twice. And people like you would defend the ignorant mummy bloggers, the "alleged" pedophiles, and the habitual drunk drivers who make these accusations.

Now **** off troll.

Remove this Banner Ad

Anti-Football Media/General Public and Police Thread!

Back