drewey10

Debutant
May 18, 2004
Kilsyth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Man UTD
Just on the News Archer has some sort of infection, spent the night in hospital. Doubt over if he will play.

Maybe he will get out & inspire the rest of them to victory!.

Thanks drewey10. Just heard it on SEN myself. They played an exerpt from JYD, at training this morning, who mentioned Archer had been to the dentist early in the week, and late Wednesday he just started feeling way off colour, with pain in his arm as well. It mentioned that his hospitalisation is the usual precautionary tale when an infection is discovered. The report ended by stating:

"The Kangaroos however are confident Archer will be fit to play tomorrow night against the Tigers".

I hope so, 'cos the last thing we need is to lose one of our few hardnuts!!!!

T'toes

I went past training,, two players were training in red jumpers..

32 and 15. Don't know whether the numbers were accurate.. only stopped very briefly. 32 was a tall (not Hale) and 15 was a smaller type (blonde hair) whats Urch's number at North? He's 33 for Port.

He was wearing a cap (the tall), which made it a little harder to tell... McIntosh ?

I was a bit rushed, would have loved to have spent time checking who was training in the regular blue tops.

Originally posted by Shinboners
The club reckons that Archer will be right for Saturday night.

I doubt it myself...if he was on an IV drip overnight, I guess that would indicate that he's lost plenty of body fluid. It would be amazing if he could recover in time.

I don't reckon he'll play either - but if he got up would it surprise you being Arch?

Originally posted by TheGreatCoranzo
I don't reckon he'll play either - but if he got up would it surprise you being Arch?

I can picture him actually wheeling the drip out through the banner.

Lunatic.

Originally posted by Shinboners
And during the game, I can see Wayne Campbell keeping a 50m distance between himself and Archer.

I can also see Arch chasing him down and beating him severely with said drip stand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Players can get fined for urinating on the playing field.

I wonder if the AFL can fine anyone for crapping their pants in public view (ie Campbell or Richo within a 10 metre radius of Archer) on the arena?

Hope the Tigers are wearing their black shorts if Arch plays.

Originally posted by Lidge
Players can get fined for urinating on the playing field.

I wonder if the AFL can fine anyone for crapping their pants in public view (ie Campbell or Richo within a 10 metre radius of Archer) on the arena?

Hope the Tigers are wearing their black shorts if Arch plays.

Heheheh good one Lidge that is GOLD! :D

I love Jess Sinclair #9

Scott Palmer just reported that Arch has been given the go ahead from the doctors to be released from hospital tomorrow afternoon, play the game and then return to hospital!!! Palmer said he is desperate to play for North. Glenn Archer is absolutely amazing!!

THE LATEST FROM THE CLUB:

Kangaroos’ defender Glenn Archer remains in some doubt for the Club’s match against Richmond at The Dome tomorrow night.

Archer was admitted to hospital yesterday afternoon for treatment for an infection.

He has been on intravenous antibiotics and has improved considerably in the last 24 hours, although the source of the infection is still not known.

Archer is expected to undergo further tests overnight to help determine the source of the infection.

Kangaroos Football Manager Tim Harrington said the Club would wait until the results of those tests were known tomorrow; would monitor Archer’s continued improvement and seek medical advice before determining if he would play against the Tigers.

The Kangaroos will be making no further comment regarding this issue this evening.

Training

i was also at training yesterday..
The boys were in red jumpers cos they had a match against each other and some of them didnt take them off.

Callum Urch was training as was Brent LeCras and John Baird and Corey Jones along with the rest selected in the side. Blake Grima was also there but not training with the rest of the boys. David Hale was there also, still with his finger bandaged..Interesting though, after training he walked off and met 2 ppl sitting on the side lines wearing North Track Tops but not sitting with the rest of the group and came back with 1 of those ppl, talked to Dean Laidley and walked off with them again .. Interesting (could they have been from the Port side ) maybe Hale isnt fit enough to play either ???

Is there any further news on Archer ?

I am led to believe that he won't be playing and the infection/virus as such is to do with his hand.

From www.realfooty.com.au

Mystery arm infection puts Archer in doubt
By Emma Quayle
June 5, 2004

Glenn Archer may not play tonight.
Photo: Sebastian Costanzo

Kangaroos defender Glenn Archer is in serious doubt to play against Richmond tonight after spending nearly two days - including last night - in hospital with a mysterious infection.

Archer, whose season has already been disrupted by a groin problem, complications from a hand injury and an injured left knee, went to hospital on Thursday night and was put on an IV drip after his left arm swelled inexplicably.

Last night the club was unsure what exactly had caused the infection, but believed that it may have been brought on by dental work on Tuesday. Football manager Tim Harrington was hopeful tests would reveal more this morning, but said while Archer was in significant doubt, there was still a small chance he would play.

The defender felt in significantly better spirits yesterday afternoon, having consulted club doctors for the first time on Wednesday, when his elbow became swollen and sore.

"You never write off Glenn Archer - it's the one thing I've learnt. Archie might come to the ground with the drip still hanging in his arm saying, 'I'm right to go'," Harrington said.

advertisement

advertisement

"He'd probably carry it around the field with him and still play well for us.

"It will just depend on how he feels and what the medicos say."

Harrington emphasised that Archer had not experienced any serious health scare and would not have gone to hospital had he not had a game to play.

"A normal member of the population would be given some antibiotics and sent home. It's just an infection; that's all it is," he said.

"You whack them in hospital for 24 hours and put them on the drip to expedite the process. It's nothing sinister and nothing major, you're just trying to get it done as quickly as possible."

Kangaroos coach Dean Laidley believes the scoreboard will be almost meaningless tonight as his team seeks to end the slump that has cost it six of the past seven games.

The Roos dropped Jess Sinclair and Corey Jones for the match, along with defender John Baird and midfielder Ashley Watson, recalling Leigh Harding, Michael Firrito and ruck pair David Hale and Mark Porter.

The club has notched only one victory since its three-win start to the season, but like Richmond hovers only one match outside the top eight.

"Everyone wants to make the finals, but we've got to make sure that we get our right structure. The scoreboard's irrelevant this weekend as far as I'm concerned," Laidley said.

"Through the game, we've just got to make sure we get our structures right and not be looking at the scoreboard.

"The players have just got to relax, go into the contest, hit it hard and look at the scoreboard at the end of the game."

While impressed by the improvement this year of Daniel Wells, Daniel Motlop, Brady Rawlings, Daniel Harris and Hale, Laidley felt the Kangaroos' slight slide had likely been caused by the fact they had got less from their mid-range players, or "foot soldiers", and the likes of Sinclair and Jones, who took big steps last year.

He did not believe his players were playing selfish football, but said the club would continue a pre-season emphasis on improving its tackling technique and count.

"It's one of the things with our strength and conditioning coach that we've worked on enormously and over the years it becomes more apparent to me that it's mind over matter," Laidley said.

"I'm not going to say they're lazy, but we just need to make sure we keep putting more of an emphasis on it."

Re: Training

Originally posted by Archie

Callum Urch was training as was Brent LeCras
I am led to believe that he won't be playing and the infection/virus as such is to do with his hand.

Thankyou..

These 2 training is very interesting.. bugger that they aren't on the Emg list..:(

Surely, Archie can't play..

Go Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Archer in hospital

Remove this Banner Ad

Back