Tish

Club Legend
Jun 6, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
I've noticed that Saint Kilda have been blessed this year. They have a tiny injury list, with Leigh Fisher due back this week, they will have a total of "3" players on this list.

I've never seen a list so small, no wonder they are able to play good consistent football. If a few blokes start going down, will it be game over for the saints?

I've noticed that Saint Kilda have been blessed this year. They have a tiny injury list, with Leigh Fisher due back this week, they will have a total of "3" players on this list.

I've never seen a list so small, no wonder they are able to play good consistent football. If a few blokes start going down, will it be game over for the saints?

I think most premiership sides go through the year with a small amount of injuries. Sydney in 2005 are a perfect example. Even we had barley any injuries last year.

Good on 'em i say. They had so many injuries back in 2004-05 when they last had a crack at the big one, it's about time their luck changed.

Geelong have their measure next time they play which will hopefuly be the grand final. That said, a few injuries and they are shot because their depth players are nothing special.

Good on 'em i say. They had so many injuries back in 2004-05 when they last had a crack at the big one, it's about time their luck changed.

Too true! There's still a long way to go, it only takes ONE match to get a few injuries and everything can start going down hill. Eg: 1997 we lost Everett and then Vidovic before the Grand Final. Then there was also the tragedies to Winmar and Loewe GF week. It aint won until it's been won, no matter how much you deserve it!

One of the first and only time i am going to agree with BigBadcam, Geelong will cream them when they next meet either in the finals or grandfinal.

I don't see St Kilda keeping this type of football up for the whole season where as Geelong have proved they can do it over like 60 games.

Geelong by 40+ next time they play

LOL at all the Cats fans who only look at their players out.

Best 22 saints missing include King, Max , Dempster and X, Clarke.

X wil not be back this year... but the other 3 will be.

Also while Saints injuries look low (and they are compared to our lasrt 5 years!!!) ity should also be remembered that Riewoldt and Schneider basically did not havea pre-season...and this is why these two have got better as the season has gone on.

The young armitage also got injured in the pre-season and has a few since...which has kept him out of the team.

While Maguire has been playing in the VFL he has not yet readched the form of earlier years.

So the backline has missed Max, Dempser and goose...but has done well because lesser lights in Zac and Blake have done well in 2009.

A large improvement by many of the lesser lights has been very important to the saints being better in 2009.

CJ..arguably the best tagger in the competition. hasa hige number of scalps..and even held avblet to a " quitish" game.

Zac has held down FB well.

Blake has been solid.

McQualter has been very good asa defenisve forward. He and Schneider are euqal 5th for tackles at the Saints and this has been hugely important to our forward pressure and in turn team defence.

Ray...has been conistently much better than at the Dogs.

Gilbert...has stepped from being ok to being arguably a the best defenfer in the AFL.

Gardiner;...on form has been one of the best all-round ruckmen in the AFL this year. has been a match-winner twice.

If the Bulldogs and Cats call it a day and disband, with Collingwood failing to field a team during september due to swine flu, then injuries are probably the only thing that can stop the Saints.

Geelong lose Johnson, and their replacement is Hogan who does jack all, and we're the ones without depth?

Armitage, Steven, L. Fisher, Dempster and Maguire are hounding us for games. And who's to say the finals will be different, when talking up Geelong everyone said half a dozen of their players played the best games of their careers on Sunday?

Geelong wouldn't be whining about umpries and going on and on about how they don't have diddums Ottens and Johnson when it's so easy for them to beat us by 40+. Two players don't make that difference. Especially in the team that has "so much depth".

Amusing, really.

I think most premiership sides go through the year with a small amount of injuries. Sydney in 2005 are a perfect example. Even we had barley any injuries last year.

so so true. we had a blessed run in 2007

this year not so blessed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong have their measure next time they play which will hopefuly be the grand final. That said, a few injuries and they are shot because their depth players are nothing special.

This coming from a Cats fan, whose mob has been claiming to anyone who will listen that with Johnson and Ottens they would have won on Sunday. Maybe Geelong is the team with a lack of depth ;)

Bulldogs have only Gia on theirs of note. Injuries always play a part in a teams success/lack of, it's the way it is.

Injuries are not the only thing that can stop the Sainters. They can also be stopped by:

Cats - with a full list
Doggies - too fast for the Sainters
Also lets consider:
Bombers - 50/50
Blues - 50/50

The Saints are over-performing, and i reckon they've peaked early and will fall short come finals. Furthermore, I can see the Dogs and Cats peaking at the right end of the season.

saints have had 20 players play everygame this year, they have used 26 players in total hawks and pies had both used 38 by round 9

qualifying prelim and grand finals are played at the MCG not a large indoor YMCA

not over by a long way

Injuries are not the only thing that can stop the Sainters. They can also be stopped by:

Cats - with a full list
Doggies - too fast for the Sainters
Also lets consider:
Bombers - 50/50
Blues - 50/50

The Saints are over-performing, and i reckon they've peaked early and will fall short come finals. Furthermore, I can see the Dogs and Cats peaking at the right end of the season.
Gee I wish we had recruited Cousins..........would have solved all our problems just like he solved Richmonds:p

What year was this? :eek:

Semi Final 2008

The MCG has not stopped several over teams from taking out the cup in the past, look West Coast, Sydney, Port.

'peaking' too early has nothing to do with success in September, you either have form or you do not, its injuries and form troubles that can let you down, not 'peaking too early', for example look at Essendon 2000, they 'peaked too early' and won their first 20 games, yet they still won the premiership.

Remove this Banner Ad

Are injuries the only thing that can stop the saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Back