Opinion Are Richmond hitting the slope?

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't recall ever spelling spelt spelt. I spell spelt spell.

Spell is the present tense verb while Spelt is the past tense verb.

Looking a very open season....
They only need to get hot at the pointy
End like last year
That being said how many can you afford to lose to get the double chance ? Maybe only 4 matches .

Reckon all the contenders have significant weaknesses this year.

Looking at their team tonight, I didn't realize how weak it looked without Dustin Martin.

Ud7Fepn.png

So many key players are in their 30s too, like Cotchin, Riewoldt, Edwards and Houli, with Grimes, Lynch, Pickett, Caddy, Prestia, Astbury and Martin in their late 20s.

Can they really keep up the pace this year? Or next year for that matter?
Yep only 32 premierships in that team, pathetic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't say poor form is a poor team yet. Yes, we are in a slump and need to do more. No, we have not dealt with all the changing circumstances well (shorter games, no crowds, extended break). Whatever we did/ are doing through this period and how the players/club managed it, it hasn't really worked.

But this team has weathered slumps before and found form again. We have generally been a back end of season team over the last few years. Providing we can get on track soon enough, probably need to be no worse than 3-3-1, then I reckon we have learnt to prime for the back half of the year rather than the first.

We need a jump start though, because we are absolutely flat right now.

Lol if we highlighted anything tonight, it's that you can't define a team by one bad game.

Richmond is excellent now, before and will be again.

Lol if we highlighted anything tonight, it's that you can't define a team by one bad game.

Richmond is excellent now, before and will be again.
Its classic overreaction. One team responded to last week, one team didn't. Maybe next week will be our week. Every team will have some moments like this in 2020. Just look at the Eagles last week.

Its classic overreaction. One team responded to last week, one team didn't. Maybe next week will be our week. Every team will have some moments like this in 2020. Just look at the Eagles last week.

Chin up mate.

Tonight went the way it did.

But I think you are an excellent side and fantastically coached.

You were missing a top 5 player in the comp and will be a damn good chance at this years flag.

Short memories. They looked like shit for a lot of the first half of last year, losing 6 of their first 13 games. Lost their R2 and R3 games comfortably. Cats ripped them to shreds.

Then they won 12 straight games on their way to a flag, essentially doing the reverse Geelong. Their gameplan relies significantly on work rate and therefore conditioning and it probably takes some time to get to that peak level required for later in the season, but once they get there, they're very hard to stop. So, I wouldn't be writing them off after 3 games. Unlike last year, however, they would need to click back into gear sooner in order to be well placed for finals.

You'd rather your team peaked later in the year than earlier, and that's what Richmond have done in their successful flag campaigns.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Are Richmond hitting the slope?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back