Opinion Are Richmond hitting the slope?

Remove this Banner Ad

Corona is just a bad version of the flu. If people practiced social distancing properly this wouldn't be happening.

Richmond's success is shortlived.

Even if our success is over, I’m pretty happy with 2 Premierships in 3 seasons

Usually fans wait until after their team rectifies an embarrassing performance against the reigning wooden spooners before trolling.

They’re a special breed out West

Richmond's team has always been a bunch of largely talentless, skillless, useless pricks who got a winning culture driven into them through extreme running, pressure and knocking the ball forward at all costs. That gameplan only worked because it had a few stars to act as the circuit breaker when things weren't going their way m- Dusty, Rance, Riewoldt etc.

Now theres no Rance, last night there was no Dusty and they are beginning to be exposed for what they are. The same bottom 8 team they've been for the last decade with a conditional hunger for the ball. They're still the same bums who can't kick a footy, can't take a mark. They're still the average Asbury's of the world. The conditional Caddy's. The can't-stand-up Castagnas. The bad-news Broad's. The worst-in-the-family Rioli.

They're done. Hope you enjoyed your time in the spot-light Tiget fans because it's over.

Richmond's team has always been a bunch of largely talentless, skillless, useless pricks who got a winning culture driven into them through extreme running, pressure and knocking the ball forward at all costs. That gameplan only worked because it had a few stars to act as the circuit breaker when things weren't going their way m- Dusty, Rance, Riewoldt etc.

Now theres no Rance, last night there was no Dusty and they are beginning to be exposed for what they are. The same bottom 8 team they've been for the last decade with a conditional hunger for the ball. They're still the same bums who can't kick a footy, can't take a mark. They're still the average Asbury's of the world. The conditional Caddy's. The can't-stand-up Castagnas. The bad-news Broad's. The worst-in-the-family Rioli.

They're done. Hope you enjoyed your time in the spot-light Tiget fans because it's over.

Can you remind me how many games Rance played last year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's been acknowledged for some time that Richmond rely on system over skill level.
When there is such a heavy reliance on that, it's not going to ignite straight away.
I'd be shit too if I hadn't worked my routine job for 3 months as well.
Let's have the conversation in 4 weeks.

Reminder from 2019

Rd11 - 31st May North Melbourne 99 def Richmond 62
Rd12 - 7th June Geelong 104 def Richmond 37
Rd13 - 13th June Adelaide 101 def Richmond 68

Richmond were finished then too.
Last night was the first loss since that block.

While they have been poor the last two weeks, they are RICHMOND! This means that you cannot write them off. Last year they had a mediocre start and guess what happened after that? Premiership. They have the tools, just give them more time and you'll see why they are feared apart from when they play my roos! ;)

First loss in 12 months, Yeah I think it is season over. LOL. Some of the rubbish printed reeks of flag envy.

Almost as good as the 'who cares it's a tainted flag anyway' comments right throughout your board last night.

They are a side that routinely overran teams in the last qtr of games last year.

Quite a few teams managed to stay with them at their best for 3 qtrs.

The shortened qtrs are going to have a bigger impact on them than most teams.

Teams are able to maintain a higher level of pressure with the shorter games times, so will be interesting if Richmond can cope with the added pressure, so far, not so much.

Yep shorter game time and quarters will affect us as you said. We grind and pull away in q4. Can’t do that now. Even last night give us another q and maybe a chance.

that’s why this season will be a asterisk. Not because of delays/COVID, but purely they changed 20% of game time which will be only for one season and history will remember it.

Yep shorter game time and quarters will affect us as you said. We grind and pull away in q4. Can’t do that now. Even last night give us another q and maybe a chance.

that’s why this season will be a asterisk. Not because of delays/COVID, but purely they changed 20% of game time which will be only for one season and history will remember it.
Everyone has gone through the same conditions this preseason and they had plenty of time to prepare for shortened quarters over the extended offseason. Don't give anyone the bullshit "asterisk" excuse. If your team is good enough to win, they shouldn't wait until final quarters to get into the lead!

Everyone has gone through the same conditions this preseason and they had plenty of time to prepare for shortened quarters over the extended offseason. Don't give anyone the bullshit "asterisk" excuse. If your team is good enough to win, they shouldn't wait until final quarters to get into the lead!

still an asterisk though regardless. Unfortunately it’s true.

Lol history will not remember it.

The complete opposite actually. History will forget it and very quickly.

The premiership will go in the book and it will forever be in a teams overall tally.

I don't think people remember to exclude some of the dodgy flags of the 20'2,30's and 40's - Do they?

I think any reduction in game time is offset with the 17 game season being the fairest fixture of the last 30 years. You just have to look at Richmond's lead into the finals last year as the definition of inequality.....

This season is not an asterix. Just because your team is performing poorly don't write it off for the eventual winner. The team that wins it this year had to do it off a crazy set of circumstances, the same set of circumstances as everyone else. They had to go ahead and be better than 17 other sides off the smallest preseason of all time. It's probably the fairest draw of all time too. But because your side are giving teams 5 goal head starts every game, the winner suddenly doesn't deserve their flag? lol. give me a break.

Last edited:
So you will give no credit to the inevitable hard-working premiers? Like they put no effort into it because of a few minor impacts? I can guarantee that you'd be saying the opposite if you were doing well.
I get everyone’s points but unfortunately this season will go down with an asterisk. Sorry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Are Richmond hitting the slope?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back