Arms on Thomas

Remove this Banner Ad

After the job Gibbsy did on Cornes, I'd like to see Gibbs go to Thomas which I think he did last time and make Thomas accountable the other way. Armfield's skills are ok but Gibbs can really hurt teams. Make Thomas watch Gibbs, Gibbs is the complete package and in my opinion is a better all round player than Marc Murphy.

I like it! blondie v blondie.

Would love to see Army do one of his chase downs on Daisy as he tries to go for a run. Would bring an almighty roar around the G!

Nobody will be catching Thomas from behind. He only gets caught when he tries to do too much and run around somebody. A goal for the third week in a row, after 3+ bounces would lift the roof off even more. ;)

I think Gibbs will play on Thomas. He did a good job last time.

Nobody will be catching Thomas from behind. He only gets caught when he tries to do too much and run around somebody. A goal for the third week in a row, after 3+ bounces would lift the roof off even more. ;)

Its easy to have 10 running bounces a game when you bounce it every 3 metres.

Its easy to have 10 running bounces a game when you bounce it every 5 metres.

And yet nobody can catch him? It's better to be safe, and bounce the ball when you CAN, rather than running the measure and realising someone is right on top of you, forcing you to either run too far, or try to bounce it and get caught. Common sense.

And yet nobody can catch him? It's better to be safe, and bounce the ball when you CAN, rather than running the measure and realising someone is right on top of you, forcing you to either run too far, or try to bounce it and get caught. Common sense.
Actually its a bad habit to get into. I do it myself when playing and when your bouncing the footy it becomes harder to look ahead to what is in front of you. The majority of coaches will tell you to run at least 8-10 before trying to bounce it. Thomas does it every two steps.

Actually its a bad habit to get into. I do it myself when playing and when your bouncing the footy it becomes harder to look ahead to what is in front of you. The majority of coaches will tell you to run at least 8-10 before trying to bounce it. Thomas does it every two steps.

I agree with that.

But in all seriousness, Thomas had 4 bounces in a 50m run for the WC goal. I think it was before the second bounce where he really showed his pace, he tucked it under his arm because Rosa (a plodder, I know) was right on him, and he just burnt him. And then against Melbourne, he had 4 bounces in about 35 metres. He's inconsistent with the distances, sometimes he'll bounce it twice in 10 metres, then he'll run the full measure. Ah well.

Will let you go on that one as you might not of seen a lot of him but one of the reasons he was drafted was his pace and tackling ability.

Can only wait until Sunday and see what unfolds!

Nah I haven't to be honest. I was just generalising. I remember in round 15 last year, Ablett was chasing Thomas and he got burnt! He is extremely fast once he's off.

That may be reason to bounce it after the first 5 meters, but not reason to bounce it every 5 meters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets just say Daisy enjoys bouncing the footy. He is inconsistent with his bounces and sometimes its fine but other times it seems as though he is bouncing every two steps with nobody around him to possibly make himself look flashy when he could take one bounce and run the rest and kick. But I did see one instance in the Collingwood Melbourne game where Daisy bounced the ball once too often and his options up field had been and gone and he ran into trouble. Needs his head up watching the play instead of bouncing so often.

This is all Carlton players are going to be seeing of Dale on Sunday......And his lovely hair streaming out behind him.:p
ibasr6.jpg

Agree Gibbs on Thomas, should be a important duel.

Thomas will be harder to stop than Chad Cornes but Gibbsy won't let us down.

Why give Gibbs a negating role.

I think Armfield will negate Daisy (no arms) Thomas quite well.

I think Gibbs can be more damaging elsewhere.

Patience my friend, Gibbs will be unleashed soon.

We have Judd,Stevens,Simpson & Murphy to play attacking footy.

Once Walker & Bannister come back they can take some negating duties off Gibbs.

Hate to admit it, but if this kid plays well we lose. Arms should be tolsd to DRIVE him into the ground whenever he can.
Is he really that influential on the contest?

If we hold Swan and Didak in the midfield..........Daisy can go nuts for all I care.

Grigg on Shaw again.
Banno to come in and go to Swan
Army or Browne on Dids, the other on Thomas.

Gibbs on Thomas worked well for us last time.:confused:

Why give Gibbs a negating role.

I think Armfield will negate Daisy (no arms) Thomas quite well.

I think Gibbs can be more damaging elsewhere.

Been away have we?:cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Arms on Thomas

Remove this Banner Ad

Back