Game Day Around The Grounds Rnds 1 - 5

Remove this Banner Ad

You don’t get to umpire the showcase game at the highest level without being good at what you do.

One obvious mistake, easily rectified, the rest was accepted as is.
Was called back onto the field in a second grade finals game after I'd been given out off a g. sandhu delivery hitting my elbow and caught at third slip. My captain was at the other end and had a conversation with the ump and pointed out that the appeal wasn't even genuine to start with.

Applaud you for keeping respectful lines open with the players.

Was called back onto the field in a second grade finals game after I'd been given out off a g. sandhu delivery hitting my elbow and caught at third slip. My captain was at the other end and had a conversation with the ump and pointed out that the appeal wasn't even genuine to start with.

Applaud you for keeping respectful lines open with the players.
Exactly how it should and can be done.

Good umpires have a feel for the game and players generally respond well if the umpires are fair and consistent, has always been the case in sports I have played and umpired.

Interacting with players should be encouraged, helps diffuse situations when they get tense.

Exactly how it should and can be done.

Good umpires have a feel for the game and players generally respond well if the umpires are fair and consistent, has always been the case in sports I have played and umpired.

Interacting with players should be encouraged, helps diffuse situations when they get tense.
what bullshit - this calling players by name should be banned as well - draw a line - no touching, no threatening, no dissent - get on with the game and play by the rules............pretty straight forward - not sure why people think umpires should be the ones making change, it's virtually an impossible sport to adjudicate as it is.........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what bullshit - this calling players by name should be banned as well - draw a line - no touching, no threatening, no dissent - get on with the game and play by the rules............pretty straight forward - not sure why people think umpires should be the ones making change, it's virtually an impossible sport to adjudicate as it is.........
None of that was what jabba was talking about... Hes not advocating for touching or threats.

Using player names has happened forever in sports. Even in Bradman era the umpires used first names. Same as footy

Open communication, kept respectful, does not equate to 'yeah let's allow abuse' herr derr

None of what you said has any resemblance to my posts.

Nice try

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Around The Grounds Rnds 1 - 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back