Game Day Around The Grounds Rnds 6 - 10

Remove this Banner Ad

I was laughed at for making this point yesterday, but 2023 is nowhere near over.

I don't think we will, unfornately, but playing finals is well and truly still on the cards.

You're not wrong for the same reasons I didn't think Power was wrong at half time yesterday.

We're just outside the 8 and we couldn't possibly play any worse. Even then the only loss we got absolutely pumped in was the Crows game. Teams are struggling to put us away and that in itself says something.

I wish the bye came sooner. I think we'll see a differejnt team after it this year.

A lot will have to go right - perhaps too much - but it's not over yet.

Honestly we all have our own expectations as supporters but I expect the club itself to keep believing. It's a long season but we almost at that cliche point in the season where we just want the side to show anything...let alone finishing top 8

Internally club just needs to keep backing themselves to make it. Anything less would be irresponsible.

If the players are anything to go by, the Club not believing in itself is arguably our biggest issue.

At face value, it’s silly to think our chances to make finals are over, we’re half a game out.

However, in reality, things have to change and fast, because we are just free falling down a mountain as we speak.
Agree 100%. Since our bye last year (rnd 12. June 3-5, '22), Blues have played 20 games. Record 8-1-11.
8/20 games won = 40% winning percentage.
Our next 5 games, Pies, Swans (away), Demons, *, Suns. Then the bye.
Of teams currently in Top 8, we play Port (rnd 18), Pies (rnd 20), Saints (rnd 21), Demons (rnd 22). Then Suns (away - rnd 23).

Overall, we have performed poorly and inconsistently since late May '22. Pretty much a year ago.
When does an 8 yr re-build start yielding consistent positive results? When is this team, with so much potential and talent, finally going to start truly 'connecting' and develop a winning brand, ethos and culture? I too have serious fears of another lost, wasted year if things don't change, and fast.

If the players are anything to go by, the Club not believing in itself is arguably our biggest issue.

Senior leaders need to take responsibility eventually.

We got 7 guys who believe they are good enough to take the lions share of our cap so they may as well prove it.

Look at the culture of Collingwood. The players energy and what they reward on field is the opposite of us. Pies players love to hunt.

Leadership on every line. One of the main differences.

Moore, Maynard, Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Mihocek, etc.

Cripps can't even be ****ed laying a tackle.
Weitering is completely lost (in multiple ways).
Walsh at least is trying and hurting.

No leaders in our forward line.
Charlie is an introvert on the field.
McKay is mentally cooked.
Owies the cat B rookie directs the forward line, essentially.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look at the culture of Collingwood. The players energy and what they reward on field is the opposite of us. Pies players love to hunt.
Pretty clear the coaches and players are very united.

Mcrae has done an awesome job with this lot.

I was not expecting filth to be this good since around the time bucks left and I had no idea McRae was coaching somewhere.

They did an amazingly well to find Mcrae. Interestingly they did not even interview Voss (if rumours are true)

The Pies’s appetite for contest and relentless attack on the ball are drilled into them by a very good quality coach and fitness team. .
Yep and because their system works they keep doing without second thought.
Us on the other hand shit the bed at the first sign of things not going well.
Whoever the psych is at the club probably needs to step up or move on

Leadership on every line. One of the main differences.

Moore, Maynard, Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Mihocek, etc.

Cripps can't even be ****ed laying a tackle.
Weitering is completely lost (in multiple ways).
Walsh at least is trying and hurting.

No leaders in our forward line.
Charlie is an introvert on the field.
McKay is mentally cooked.
Owies the cat B rookie directs the forward line, essentially.
Sad but true

Rnd 10 games ...

FwcmmOAaIAA5cvC

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Around The Grounds Rnds 6 - 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back