Game Day Around The Grounds Rounds 11 - 15

Remove this Banner Ad

Time Machine moment.

Port lost their first 5 games last year made up some games during the year but eventually ran out of steam.Coach was on the chopping block,stood firm with him,recruited well,natural development of players and now their flying.

Just saying.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Port have speed and good kicks on every line, not even close unfortunately.

Port have speed and good kicks on every line, not even close unfortunately.

Their ball movement (especially transitioning from from kick ins) really makes me jelly, but unfortunately we probably don't have the cattle to be able to do it, ideally that is the game plan I would like us to utilise

I am loving the joy amongst Port players and coaches. Could we please have some? Isn't this what footy is meant to be about...?
There was no joy 10 games ago
Their ball movement (especially transitioning from from kick ins) really makes me jelly, but unfortunately we probably don't have the cattle to be able to do it, ideally that is the game plan I would like us to utilise
Still got Mitch Georgiades to come back next year.
Is Fantasia injured or not good enough?

If they don’t win the flag this year I think they’ll only lose a handful of games next year and the year after.
Those kids are just figuring out how good they are.
Really like the attack on the ball by that Lachlan Jones kid. Very Matthew Scarlett like.

I've tried and tried to be okay with Underwood's voice.
Massive fail.
I cannot stand it.
Unlistenable.
Never improves. So harsh.
But go Hawks!

Last edited:
Go Hawks. Guess it is possible to beat teams without having a perfect list. Who knew.
I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go Hawks. Guess it is possible to beat teams without having a perfect list. Who knew.

Actually watching them makes me start to believe we should do what they have done under Mitchell and cull half of the list over 2 and 3 years and just build via the draft.

They have a clear direction (from the board down) where they are going and what they are doing, we are still stuck in no man's land (I don't think most on our current board know how deeply flawed our current list is)

Voss probably not the right coach to oversee such a change (if we went down that part though)

Hawks with plenty of pace, run & carry.

Can’t see us beating them, midfield much harder working and better functioning compared to ours atm
I noted here a few weeks ago that only teams we could beat, for now anyway, are WC and Norf, Hawks have beaten Saints and now Lions - we were outclassed by both and never looked likely. They have pace, energy and belief we could only dream of quite frankly

Are we about to watch the Hawks rebuild pass ours?
Well, based on that game, I’d say their ruck department is ahead, forwards kick straight, lead & stick mark. Other forwards provide options & the run & gun is streets ahead of our game plan.
They set up well defensively & picked off the ball very nicely.
Yeah, probably ahead or our garbage performances

Actually watching them makes me start to believe we should do what they have done under Mitchell and cull half of the list over 2 and 3 years and just build via the draft.
You forgetting we already did that?
They have a clear direction (from the board down) where they are going and what they are doing, we are still stuck in no man's land (I don't think most on our current board know how deeply flawed our current list is)
during the list cull and subsequent time under rbolton the direction was extremely clear. Get younger. Spine first. Add the layers slowly.
Voss had me here thinking you're meant to lose every game to 'very good football teams'.
Yes. I've been lead to believe that only the better list of players on the team sheet is allowed to win. Someone tell Voss that that's not the rule quick!!!

So Hawks now definitively better than us. Again. No really high draft picks, rookie coach, back of house turmoil, no Brownlow medalist, no Coleman medallists. But they're improving week after week. They're playing to a plan. They're playing for each other.

Really goes to show how wholly and completely rotten from top to toe the Carlton Football Club is. We have all the ingredients for a genuine tilt at the flag, but here we are eating Clag and sticking crayons up our noses.

****ing sickening. ****ing embarrassing. ****ing pathetic.

We have been bad for 20 years how is that possible?

Shit lists, shit players, shit coaching, shit list managers. Over 20 years. It’s very possible.

Funnily enough, many of the very best sides over the last 10-15 years had 20+ year shit periods when we were winning flags. Now it’s our turn to be the laughing stock.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back