Game Day Around The Grounds Rounds 11 - 15

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton supporters are deluding themselves that the MCG will turn the tables on the Swans. The Swans have a generational midfield, best coach in the league, grandfinal experience and they are putting together one of the great seasons. The other grand finalist will need to create the upset of the century to beat them. It is not impossible but realistically, the rest of the comp is playing for 2nd

Carlton supporters are deluding themselves that the MCG will turn the tables on the Swans. The Swans have a generational midfield, best coach in the league, grandfinal experience and they are putting together one of the great seasons. The other grand finalist will need to create the upset of the century to beat them. It is not impossible but realistically, the rest of the comp is playing for 2nd
All it takes is them to be 10% off, one or two injuries...

Melbourne were 10-0 in 2022 and were premiership monties.

Didn't they have their generational midfield (bar Grundy) and the best coach in the league and grand final experience last year when we beat them in the semi final last year?

Or is it that Grundy and Taylor Adams (remembering that in the final last year they had Mills and Parker) transform their midfield from one we beat at our last game at the G to "generational".

Personnel will change, they will be gettable. To suggest that a grand final is a fait accompli this far out is simply ludicrous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You might be right they have a very complete team ATM amid no major injuries other than Mills.

Some here including myself have the belief that aren’t as ‘invincible’ on the G.

They may have a great midfield but have not achieved anything to this point other than only losing one game,(at the G I might add).

I’m sure coaches are working on how to beat them as they have a large sample size.They cannot play any better than they are and there is NO team who are even close to their best as well BUT premierships aren’t won in June.

Come finals and the season starts again.They drop one final and everything turns upside down.

The season is not a forgone conclusion.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I REALLY dislike Craig Mcrae.

Just tuned back into the 4th quarter of Giants & Port game and FMD….. Nick Daicos just got another free kick……😮

Season 2 Lol GIF by Insecure on HBO

You might be right they have a very complete team ATM amid no major injuries other than Mills.

Some here including myself have the belief that aren’t as ‘invincible’ on the G.

They may have a great midfield but have not achieved anything to this point other than only losing one game,(at the G I might add).

I’m sure coaches are working on how to beat them as they have a large sample size.They cannot play any better than they are and there is NO team who are even close to their best as well BUT premierships aren’t won in June.

Come finals and the season starts again.They drop one final and everything turns upside down.

The season is not a forgone conclusion.

Rest assured that the coaches & teams who are working on game plans or strategies to beat them won’t be showing their hands just now either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Around The Grounds Rounds 11 - 15

Remove this Banner Ad

Back