Game Day Around The Grounds Rounds 11 - 15

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton supporters are deluding themselves that the MCG will turn the tables on the Swans. The Swans have a generational midfield, best coach in the league, grandfinal experience and they are putting together one of the great seasons. The other grand finalist will need to create the upset of the century to beat them. It is not impossible but realistically, the rest of the comp is playing for 2nd
Really? Well, what I see if we cut the generational midfield output by 10% we have them covered everywhere else.

Carlton supporters are deluding themselves that the MCG will turn the tables on the Swans. The Swans have a generational midfield, best coach in the league, grandfinal experience and they are putting together one of the great seasons. The other grand finalist will need to create the upset of the century to beat them. It is not impossible but realistically, the rest of the comp is playing for 2nd
If Swans play Pies on the MCG I would pick Pies in Sep. I saw Tigers make all their mids look very average at the G just through extreme pressure.

We are yet to prove we equal of the Pies yet, and even Cats but we have that opportunity coming up.

I watched Crows and Swans and they did not look so great against the 4 win Crows.

I was at the 1972 Grand Final as a 7 year old.

Richmond unbackable favourites and we torched them.

I agree though - Swans have very base covered and the bigger MCG might even suit a guy like Warner for example.

Wd just have to focus on finishing top 4 and then getting to the GF.

Then it's still a two horse race and we are definitely some chance.

If Swans play Pies on the MCG I would pick Pies in Sep. I saw Tigers make all their mids look very average at the G just through extreme pressure.

We are yet to prove we equal of the Pies yet, and even Cats but we have that opportunity coming up.

I watched Crows and Swans and they did not look so great against the 4 win Crows.
I agree , I take the pies anyway day of the week against swans on the last day in September … our pace worries me against the swans , we have been good in spurts …I would def rather play swans over pies in the gf

I agree , I take the pies anyway day of the week against swans on the last day in September … our pace worries me against the swans , we have been good in spurts …I would def rather play swans over pies in the gf
We have the game plan to beat the Pies. I think we have failed to take advantage previously but have grown and are ready for them. Next game will be the showdown.

As for Sydney, they concern me. They are on another level currently.

We have the game plan to beat the Pies. I think we have failed to take advantage previously but have grown and are ready for them. Next game will be the showdown.

Key word here is currently.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Currently key word …. Collingwood find a way to win … they will get players back and hit some form at some
Stage … I honestly feel they like us are well placed … both teams are primed for a big run ….i also feel we will play collingwood in that first final and whoever wins , wins the GF

Supporters in general are fair.

There are some players that demand and command respect.

Bontempelli is one of them.Never do you see him shirk a contest,complain or hang around the packs for easy possessions.As a Carlton supporter I respect him big time.

On the other hand you have some players that for some reason just rub you up the wrong way because of who they are and how they play……Naicos is one of them.

Oh and has a punchable face.

Bontempelli is one of them.Never do you see him shirk a contest,complain or hang around the packs for easy possessions.As a Carlton supporter I respect him big time.

On the other hand you have some players that for some reason just rub you up the wrong way because of who they are and how they play……Naicos is one of them.

Exactly. Utmost respect for players such as the Bont, ball players = best and fairest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't they have their generational midfield (bar Grundy) and the best coach in the league and grand final experience last year when we beat them in the semi final last year?

Or is it that Grundy and Taylor Adams (remembering that in the final last year they had Mills and Parker) transform their midfield from one we beat at our last game at the G to "generational".

Personnel will change, they will be gettable. To suggest that a grand final is a fait accompli this far out is simply ludicrous.
Grundy +A grader
Adams + B Grader
Armaty from boy to man D grader to B grader.
Last year is irrelevant.
It is not impossible to beat the Swans but it will be a boil over to beat them

Don't agree, what I saw against the Crows was a side that when it turns it on, they crush oposition and a team that does not yield

I agree though - Swans have very base covered and the bigger MCG might even suit a guy like Warner for example.

The 1972 comparison crossed my mind. Do we the 72 teams grand final experience?
Do we have a proven finals, match winner (Jezza)?
Will our coaching box roll the dice at selection ( Jones in the ruck, Nicholls fwd pocket)?

And there you have transgressed from an AFL supporter to a Carlton supporter. Nick Daicos' last quarter was sublime.

We have something undeniably in our favour - time!

If the finals started next week, Sydney would be hard to stop.

it’s a long way off, we have a big upside & not sure Sydney do.

It’s going to be fun to watch our team develop over the next 10 weeks!

Grundy +A grader
Adams + B Grader
Armaty from boy to man D grader to B grader.
Last year is irrelevant.
It is not impossible to beat the Swans but it will be a boil over to beat them
Armaty will go back to being a C Grader at best playing on Weitering.

Adams is not really a B Grader, never really has been. Solid contributor but average user of the ball. Grundy is good but will not be the difference between them winning the flag or not and has never been in his 10 year career.

Might pay to have a look at the cattle that we didn't have when we last played them. Saad (A Grader), Cerra (better footballer than Adams), Fogarty (15 wins from last 17 outings) Cottrell (our best defensive runner , BOG at half time in semi v Swans) and maybe Motlop and Martin.

The concept that they have already won the flag is the sort if rubbish that myopic commentators full of hyperbole like Sam mcclure and Nathan Brown are known for. You need to try and be better.

Correct but a Longmire side is not a Goodwin coached side
John Longmire is a good but not great coach. His finals record is 12 wins and 13 losses (48% win rate) in 13 years he's coached one premiership win and three grand final losses. Even his premiership win was in his 2nd year in a team that he inherited from Paul Roos.

Don't get me wrong I respect him but fact and figures suggest that Chris Scott, Alistair Clarkson and Dimma are better coaches.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Around The Grounds Rounds 11 - 15

Remove this Banner Ad

Back