Aussies Abroad Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Terry Antonis to everton in the summer I believe will happen as he will be 18 then only stopped from signing previously because of age restrictions. So exied

Nikita Rukavystya started again for Hertha Berlin on the weekend. Still, football dynamos like Alex Brosque are seen as better prospects for the Socceroos squad.

Anyone prepared to hazard a guess where Bret Holman will end up in Jan? AZ want to keep him but cannot offer him a pay rise. Once you live in Holland for a certain period of time you have to start paying more tax so Holman would have to essentially take a pay cut to remain at AZ. With 6 months left on his contract in Jan I'd hope Brett could pick up a decent deal in the EPL or Bundesliga. Too good for Dutch league IMO.

Anyone prepared to hazard a guess where Bret Holman will end up in Jan? AZ want to keep him but cannot offer him a pay rise. Once you live in Holland for a certain period of time you have to start paying more tax so Holman would have to essentially take a pay cut to remain at AZ. With 6 months left on his contract in Jan I'd hope Brett could pick up a decent deal in the EPL or Bundesliga. Too good for Dutch league IMO.

Hope we pick him up much better than Leon Osman..

I get the feeling Holman is at his level.

It would be a shame if he went to the premier league and only became a bench player.

His improvement at international level has coincided with him being a regular at club level.

I get the feeling Holman is at his level.

It would be a shame if he went to the premier league and only became a bench player.

His improvement at international level has coincided with him being a regular at club level.

You also cant under rate the effect of playing consistent Euro and Champions league football which AZ have generally done being a top 4 dutch team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope he goes to Germany, good fit for mine.

Good to hear McKay is getting starts in Scotland that is very good news

Herd signed a new 3 and a half year deal with Villa.

He has to be our first choice CM for the next 10 years. No more spuds like Valeri and Jedinak please.

if Boro don't get promoted at the end of the season, Rhys Williams will be looking to jump ship according to SkySports.

Read in the daily mail or something that Newcastle United will bid for him in January.

Take it with a pinch of salt, but I for one hope it is true.
How much game time could he possibly get there, though?

I'd sooner see him go to a club like Bolton or Fulham.

I have faith in Rhys abilities. Think he is a top notch player.

For instance, right now, he would be our starting CB with Coloccini. He is better than Williamson and Perch in my opinion.

If Steven Taylor was to be fit, I would have him at Right back in front of Danny Simpson.

He is also very capable in the Centre of Midfield, and with Tiote going to the African Cup, he would be good cover for us in that position.

A player like Rhys is needed, a guy who can play well along the defence and midfield. I think a few top clubs should be looking at him.

Whilst I do not think we will get him, I would definitely welcome him at our club. He is a Premier League player.

Why would he sign for Bolton and be back in the Championship next season?

Fulham or Newcastle for sure though :thumbsu:

He should jump at the chance to go to Newcastle. There's a spot up for grabs at CB for him and in midfield when Tiote goes for the African Cup. + They are looking pretty stable with Pardew in charge and are best of the rest at the moment. Dunno if Boro will let him go though, they rate him extremely highly, if you go on their forums everyone is jizzing over him and rate him their best player. He's been a beast in the championship, good enough to start for a lower-mid EPL side for sure. He'd probably be close to Australia's best player now... even though he's in the championship. Holman, Wilkshire and Schwarzer would probably challenge him but Kewell, Emerton and Cahill are all pretty much over the hill.

If he does go I think a club would have to pay overs for him as Williams is pretty much vital for Boro's promotion chances. Him and Bates have been dominant down back. Even if he doesn't go, there's every chance he'll be in the EPL next year with Boro anyway as they look a good chance to be promoted.

Ryan Williams has transferred from Portsmouth to Fulham. Looking forward to seeing him get an opportunity.

Big game on tomorrow in the UEFA NextGen series. Liverpool vs Tottenham and Massimo Luongo (Future Aussie Superstar) will be playing. Watch out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Aussies Abroad Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back