Australia vs India - Second Test @ GABBA - Dec 17-21 - Day 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need early wickets. Get Rahane out before he reaches 100 and hopefully they'll collapse

Quote from Martyn_30_ on Day 1 thread.

The humidity for most of yesterday's play was only 40-50% which is not high humidity at all, if a player's struggling in those conditions then they're not fit enough. It's obviously not easy conditions to play in but they're meant to be elite athletes.

Coupled with temperatures in the mids 30s that can be quite debilitating.

Re Warne's comments re Stark, I didn't think anything much of them at the time, he was talking about his demeanor as a bowler and I thought they were fair enough as an opinion. Now we know Starc was suffering from heat stress and a couple of other things so no doubt that contributed to his lack of aggressiveness but Warne didn't know that at the time and in any case it was quite clear it was an opinion not just based on yesterday's performance. Much ado about nothing if you ask me.

Aussies certainly struggled in the humid Brisbane heat of 38 or so.
If India pull out their house of cards trick, or we bowl superbly early, it's game on.
Otherwise we'll be the ones praying for rain for once.

Fingers crossed for an early fiery, wicket taking spell from MJ!

I reckon the Indian team will handle the humidity better than the Aussies as they are more used to playing in these conditions.

Mitchell Johnson needs a kick in the butt and bowl better they are just picking him apart and Starc "Warne" was spot I think with what he said..

I think we need to skittle them early and then get in bat.. Rogers also needs to prove himself with the Bat..

Anyone who needs to pull his socks up is Shaun, especially after those two dropped catches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you guys think of MJ's comments on 9 then? I thought he said the right things, probably in agreeance with Heals in that he didn't sound desperate enough to go out there and knock them off.
Hopefully Warney didn't hear that.

Somewhat random question - what's the best site for purely Sheffield Shield stats? For example, if I wanted to see Glenn Maxwell's career stats in the Shield, what's the best site?

Cricinfo is really annoying on this front.

What was said about Starc?

After Starc had bowled a few friendly pies in his opening overs, Warne got stuck into him about being too nice....not enough mongrel and aggression for a fast bowler.

Something like "comes across as a bit soft".....not saying his soft per se, but suggesting that his lack of aggression makes him appear that way.

Completely fair enough IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back