Australia vs India - Second Test @ GABBA - Dec 17-21 - Day 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no adverb in the English language strong enough to convey how predictable it is that Watson will get a start and throw his wicket away between 20 and 40.

I tried combining utterly, completely, extremely, thoroughly, and absolutely - it still fell short.
You have created a new adverb.

A 'Watson' - A mathematical certainty. "It's a Watson that the sun will rise tomorrow". "Australia's fast bowlers will injure themselves, it's a Watson".

All this talk of Cummins. He has played like 1 FC game in 3 years and looks like the selectors wont be picking him for this Shield season either. He on a fast track to becoming the next Shaun Tait the way these imbeciles are "managing his workload".

Yep, some of the quicks aren't doing anywhere near enough bowling, and it's not helping.

any chance you can leave Hazlewood at home?
looks too dangerous for my liking.

with his height he could be as naughty as prime chris tremlett .

Will be lethal at Lords. It will be interesting to see too, just seems to be a guy who bowls the right areas. Have said for a while that although he will have relative success in limited overs cricket, he has all the tools to be an elite test cricketer.

Injured and also bowls 120-125kmph....it aint going to happen

Yeah last I heard he was still recovering from an injury but he isnt going to be in the aussie side any time soon.. Faulkner isn't the answer from other things people have posted either.

Yeah last I heard he was still recovering from an injury but he isnt going to be in the aussie side any time soon.. Faulkner isn't the answer from other things people have posted either.

I agree. Nothing will convince me Faulkner is anything more than a gun ODI player. His batting whilst good isn't top 6 test standard, and his bowling isn't in the top 3 quicks in Australia. Perfect for ODI's, but in tests you need to be one of those. These bits and pieces AR's don't work in test cricket.

Will be lethal at Lords. It will be interesting to see too, just seems to be a guy who bowls the right areas. Have said for a while that although he will have relative success in limited overs cricket, he has all the tools to be an elite test cricketer.

As soon as I saw him in an ODI game I was like "who is this guy? "
I think he will like anywhere in England. Its all about the weather ,not the pitches .

As soon as I saw him in an ODI game I was like "who is this guy? "
I think he will like anywhere in England. Its all about the weather ,not the pitches .

Just bowls the right areas. Doesn't try and bowl ultra quick but he gets it up to 140-141kmph on a good day, that is quick enough (85mph give and take). Swing early and seams it both ways. Should have been in the side earlier, had a stress fracture a year ago though.

I would be good to see if they give Chad Sayers a shot at it.. has performed for the Dudbacks all season so far.. again isn't express but has performed in tests.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

starc has height im guessing.

or photos of someone

To be fair, he has been bowling as well as anyone in the Shield this year (taking wickets and being miserly with the runs). Was bowling well in the limited overs cup, and has a great ODI record too. He's got the quality, just somehow can't convert it to Test cricket.

He's also 6'6" and can bowl 145km/h though, too.

starc has height im guessing.

or photos of someone
Starc can bowl mid 140s. He had done well in the Shield in recent games and had earned a call up. But this was his chance to prove he could keep the likes of Siddle, Bird and Patto out of the side. He has whole heartedly failed at that. Day 1 was a pretty bad day for all and unlike Johnson (who didn't get a wicket either) didn't even look threatening to. Which is the problem. Starc may have also hurt his ODI chances too.May get a game or two but will need to perform in those to keep playing. He is also 24 remember.

Chappellican Hustle

AR-AE432_Hustle_G_20131205150435.jpg

Has the word gone out from CA to protect Haddin?

CH9 have been crapping on about him all series......
It's an interesting one, the day before there was any leak about Smith being Captain, Fox started running an interview on fsn that made me think straight away, ok Smith is the Captain, then two days later bingo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back