Australian Flag.Aboriginal Flag

Remove this Banner Ad

Kingpin said:
They worked extremely hard those fellas up in the highlands, there was an old Czechoslovakian guy that used be a cleaner at the bowl up until he died in the early 90's who worked on building the dams when he came out here in the 40's, some of the stories he used to tell would make your hair curl.

WOW. Amazing story. My grandfather told some preety hair raising stories about life in Tassie in those days. I used to love listening to my grandfather, he was a very wise man for someone who'd spent most of his life working with his hands and not reading books.

Kingpin said:
My surname is Scottish, and no-one can spell it consistantly correct.
I think I've seen at least 11 different spellings of it in my life. It's a pretty basic name just that it's spelt different to how it's pronounced. It's the pronunciation of it that throws people.
Even my best friends get it wrong a lot of the time.

Ahhhh so you can sympathise! :D :thumbsu:

My great grandmother on my mothers side was Scottish. Been there, amazing place.

UNIT said:
As much as some people which it wasnt the case, this country was built by Anglo Saxons and we will irrevecobaly be linked to the Union Jack, why should we be ashamed of it and change our flag just to appease then PC black armband brigade, Asians, Aboriginals and Muslims?
isn't it amazing all the west australians showing their true colors ; pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeese sussed now we beg you.full of white trash that place

carlyp said:
WOW. Amazing story. My grandfather told some preety hair raising stories about life in Tassie in those days. I used to love listening to my grandfather, he was a very wise man for someone who'd spent most of his life working with his hands and not reading books.

IMO they are often the wisest of men.

I dont mind the design of the aboriginal flag, we need a fusion... maybe something like this...

flag-2.jpg

TheBrownDog said:
I dont mind the design of the aboriginal flag, we need a fusion... maybe something like this...

flag-2.jpg
luv it better than that english flag in the corner, fancy having another countries flag on ours how insecure?

mantis said:
When you learn to spell you can call people idiots, until then STFU.

dude, its so lame to have a go at spelling, come on. I have said previously that i have the utmost respect for the aboriginal flag, but the facts are, they are PART of australian culture and history. Why would we use that flag to represent the entire nation?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

matthedocker said:
dude, its so lame to have a go at spelling, come on. I have said previously that i have the utmost respect for the aboriginal flag, but the facts are, they are PART of australian culture and history. Why would we use that flag to represent the entire nation?
what nations flag is in the corner of our flag, put the nations symbol the kangaroo there?

matthedocker said:

It's even lamer to call someone an idiot, just because they have an opinion different than yours. :rolleyes:

Why not, they are the original inhabitants of australia, so it makes more sense to use their flag, than a that of a foreign countries.

mantis said:
It's even lamer to call someone an idiot, just because they have an opinion different than yours. :rolleyes:

Why not, they are the original inhabitants of australia, so it makes more sense to use their flag, than a that of a foreign countries.

allright, fair enough, im so used to calling unit an idiot that it just sometimes slips out. :eek:

The union jack on its own conjures images of michael vaughns smug face and i cant stand it. But on our beautiful flag it just fits because its what we have grown up so proud to be represented by.

My question to you is this, do you think the aboriginals of australia would want the entire nation to use their flag? I thought that they were rightly proud of their own heritage, and use that flag as a symbol of that pride?

carlyp said:
I think your way too harsh on Unit Mat....he really isnt a bad guy.

egads carly, stay out of it - i had an iota of respect for you. Unit makes some horrid, horrid, stupid statements, and im fairly sure the majority of the big footy crowd would agree. why risk your neck by defending him?

carlyp said:
I think your way too harsh on Unit Mat....he really isnt a bad guy.

Sorry Carly, but yes he is.

Mathedocker, I am sure that aboriginals wouldn't have a problem if their flag is used as australia's flag, because after all that's what it is.

matthedocker said:
egads carly, stay out of it - i had an iota of respect for you. Unit makes some horrid, horrid, stupid statements, and im fairly sure the majority of the big footy crowd would agree. why risk your neck by defending him?

Ok ok. I just see a different side of him.

Sorry guys! I'll bow out then.....

matthedocker said:
is their a good side? perhaps we should have a big footy poll. I think i know what the masses will say
This may sound like a bit of a ********....but there is a good side to most people. ;)

Anyways....lets agree to disagree on this one my friend!

matthedocker said:
all of you should speak to your grandfathers, or anyone that served in world war 2, and ask them if we should change the flag. They fought and died while serving under their flag, and i find it disrespectful that so many awful awful new flag designs are being drawn up. I would always vote to get rid of the monarchy also, but the flag is part of our history as a nation and it should be kept.

I have the utmost respect for the aboriginal flag, and have no problem with sheeds flying it, but it is not the flag of our nation.

Who the ******** are you to speak for dead people? I tell you what, a ******** load of Australian people fought and died for some bull******** war that was forced upon them from our european ancestors. Maybe the dead would say '******** you' to the union jack that they died under. Did you ever think of that? Dying for some bull ******** foreign regime would not make me want to keep the Union Jack flag if I died serving under it.

I have spoken to my grandfather who fought against the Japanese and he thinks the whole thing was a bloody disgrace and he is certainly not a monarchist. What does your grandfather say? Is he glad to have been forced into a war started in Europe? How many friends of his got killed because of it?

Very few people are suggesting to change the Austrlalian flag to the Aboriginal one. From what I have heard the Aboriginal people are happy to keep it their flag. Just like the Basque people in Spain have their own one, and the Cornish have theirs and so on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Australian Flag.Aboriginal Flag

Remove this Banner Ad

Back