Australian Wrestling thread

Remove this Banner Ad

A Jess heel turn using the idea that she's superwoman would have been interesting. I had the best coaching. I stood toe to toe with south and knight and won etc.

I think the reason I convinced myself that it was Jess who was turning was that they wrote the storyline for that to happen.

If you work backwards from this show:
  • she was 2nd match on the card in a non title match against Braxton, who the crowd cheered
  • she didn't main event King of the Metro, and the crowd cheered Delta.
  • they made her face the man who cheated to steal her PWWA title when he (Osborne) had done nothing to earn the shot... other than "beating" her 3 years ago.
  • they made her face both Velocities in a triple threat main event.

After her "bitch best friend", who could've done anything with her King of the Metro win, tried to steal her spotlight, her belt, and her sword... it was all written for them, even if it was by accident.

I think the reason I convinced myself that it was Jess who was turning was that they wrote the storyline for that to happen.

If you work backwards from this show:
  • she was 2nd match on the card in a non title match against Braxton, who the crowd cheered
  • she didn't main event King of the Metro, and the crowd cheered Delta.
  • they made her face the man who cheated to steal her PWWA title when he (Osborne) had done nothing to earn the shot... other than "beating" her 3 years ago.
  • they made her face both Velocities in a triple threat main event.

After her "bitch best friend", who could've done anything with her King of the Metro win, tried to steal her spotlight, her belt, and her sword... it was all written for them, even if it was by accident.
Yeah, really easy, even easier to have reasons for her to have North Shore as her heaters as well.

North Shore say they know a good investment when they see one and Troy was sick of it being Troy and Evans. Get Jess a suit and some wanky sunnies and bang. Have them on the outside grabbing legs etc and then have Jess gloat how easy it is to win.

You could even build another baby face to defeat Troy from there and then do a blow off with Evans somewhere else.

I don't watch WWE but they are hardly examples of great logical storylines, at least that was the case the last time I watched them.
I just don't think the suburb people live in tis as important to a storyline as you are intimating.

They can say they originally aligned due to locality, but faction members could feasibly then join due to many shared goals. I don't watch PWA but this is hardly a plot hole you can't easily work around

When you have a booker that openly and stubbornly refuses to accept booking criticism from his audience, and thus the only real "feedback recourse" you have is to not buy a ticket, I'm not sad or disappointed that there are still about 3 dozen seats available for MCW this weekend, plus however much standing room. Going back a few months the seating would've been sold out weeks ago.

I kind of hope it demonstrates that there are more people like me - when you're only running 10 shows a year, I don't want to see entire shows dedicated to one storyline in the way the 5 of 7 matches at Vendetta all sought to advance the one storyline. I want to see pretty basic storylines that result in good-to-great matches that feel like they have something at stake. It shouldn't be that hard or complex in local wrestling when, as I say, you're only running ~10 shows a year.

I'm also not sure it helps that, assuming Tommy is the 5th guy, 7 of the 10 guys in this Fite to Survive main event were in the match last year, and 2 of the remaining 3 are ??? I still don't know if they're podcasters or tiktokers or youtubers or what they are... Obviously a lot of changes in the heel/face dynamic, but it doesn't really feel like they've progressed/advanced their talent much at all given that it's 2 of the younger guys from last year - O'Leary and Emman - who've been replaced by these flogs.

When you have a booker that openly and stubbornly refuses to accept booking criticism from his audience, and thus the only real "feedback recourse" you have is to not buy a ticket, I'm not sad or disappointed that there are still about 3 dozen seats available for MCW this weekend, plus however much standing room. Going back a few months the seating would've been sold out weeks ago.

I kind of hope it demonstrates that there are more people like me - when you're only running 10 shows a year, I don't want to see entire shows dedicated to one storyline in the way the 5 of 7 matches at Vendetta all sought to advance the one storyline. I want to see pretty basic storylines that result in good-to-great matches that feel like they have something at stake. It shouldn't be that hard or complex in local wrestling when, as I say, you're only running ~10 shows a year.

I'm also not sure it helps that, assuming Tommy is the 5th guy, 7 of the 10 guys in this Fite to Survive main event were in the match last year, and 2 of the remaining 3 are ??? I still don't know if they're podcasters or tiktokers or youtubers or what they are... Obviously a lot of changes in the heel/face dynamic, but it doesn't really feel like they've progressed/advanced their talent much at all given that it's 2 of the younger guys from last year - O'Leary and Emman - who've been replaced by these flogs.
28 tickets left, only 2 groups of seats, all singles the rest. Standing as well.

It's really obvious this year got messed around a lot due to injuries.

Why do you think Tommy will be the 5th guy when there is a Rampage show he's wrestling Istria on at the same time?

28 tickets left, only 2 groups of seats, all singles the rest. Standing as well.

It's really obvious this year got messed around a lot due to injuries.

Why do you think Tommy will be the 5th guy when there is a Rampage show he's wrestling Istria on at the same time?

Maybe the repeated email blasts this week work? It was 37 when I counted this morning before making that post, and it was their email blasts that prompted me to check - it's been a lot more this week than it usually is.

Had no idea that WR had a show this week, that's extraordinarily bad booking and planning. He's the only one who makes sense as the 5th man. I guess Tuckman makes some sense, but he already has a match.

So if it's not Tommy, it's either like a debut/return/surprise, or it's going to be someone random.

I just don't think the suburb people live in tis as important to a storyline as you are intimating.

They can say they originally aligned due to locality, but faction members could feasibly then join due to many shared goals. I don't watch PWA but this is hardly a plot hole you can't easily work around
Valid point. As someone who grew up in Western Sydney, there were people from certain parts of areas that would be snooty as, but then you also had people from lower socio economic areas that would move to the more upscale parts of the city and think that their shit doesn't stink. The funny thing is, I always found the North Shore stereotype kinda funny, as a kid there were parts of Manly and such that were as bogan as where I'm from in Penrith. I find the Eastern suburbs to be much more the stereotype of w***ers, surprised no one has done a Bellevue Hill/Rose Bay/Point Piper based gimmick, as they're pretty universally loathed in Sydney.

Remove this Banner Ad

Australian Wrestling thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back