Autopsy Autopsy vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Gosh when I saw that cheap 50 given against us, I was quickly reminded of Scott not getting one against the Pies.

As much as we chirp about Ford missing the shot late, and it was a bad miss, the game was already handed to them by that stage.
The game was far from over if ford put that in. Couldn’t believe my eyes.. “he did didnt he? ****”

score should of been closer than the end result! the Logue howler kick and Kerch having a brain fade
Lol how about Souve playing on and falling over within the first minute? We had repeat entries in the first Q, should have been 3 or 4 goals up, instead down by one.

People can blame the umpires, yeh they screwed us but we screwed ourselves more

Was staggering when an umpire 5m away with a perfect view missed Larkey copping one to the face.
So an umpire much further away had to pay it.
Bit like when Larkey was in the pocket and copped one in head, with umpire watching about 2m away and ignoring it.
I haven't and won't watch the replay, but I swear Zurhaar copped a blatant shove in the back in a marking contest that was just ignored by the umpires.

Was staggering when an umpire 5m away with a perfect view missed Larkey copping one to the face.
So an umpire much further away had to pay it.
Bit like when Larkey was in the pocket and copped one in head, with umpire watching about 2m away and ignoring it.

I hate to say it, but leaving aside general umpiring incompetence (which of course plays a role) I think Larkey is paying the price for over-egging too many ‘marking contest infringements’. He doesn’t get paid a lot that are there, but also puts way too much mayo on a lot that might not quite be there. I think he’s got a reputation for that now amongst umpires that is hurting him when genuine ones are there.

Laura couldn’t run a chook raffle.

She’s a blithering idiot that has a job because of her gender and not on merit.

The quicker they punt the clown, the better it will be for the competition.
Issues in the game are not new. This isn’t down to one single person. The game has been ****ed for years and years and if I recall Laura hasn’t been there that long. But you go on hating on a woman. Man ****ed this game up.

I can ****ing list em, Adrian Anderson, Brad Scott, Hocking, Gil, Macburney, whoever the head of the umpiring department before that clown.. there is a plethora of men who ****ed our game. But its all Lauras fault. She isn’t void from criticism but your lack of understanding is disturbing.

You would be one to blame a government that has been in power for 3/4 of a term and blame them for the current economic status in the country. Its from years and years and years of neglect.

I see it now It Must Be Them

Last edited:
Issues in the game are not new. This isn’t down to one single person. The game has been ****ed for years and years and if I recall Laura hasn’t been there that long. But you go on hating on a woman. Man ****ed this game up.
Agree, i believe she has the job due to being a barrister like her boss

Last edited:
I haven't and won't watch the replay, but I swear Zurhaar copped a blatant shove in the back in a marking contest that was just ignored by the umpires.
Correct. Same as the head contact to larkey nominated by scottywiper

Impossible to understand how either could be missed

People can blame the umpires, yeh they screwed us but we screwed ourselves more
Spot on. Despite our dumb mistakes and some dodgy umpiring, we were well in that game. One of those things we can control. Clean up the dumb mistakes and the shit umpiring is much less devastating.

Many learnings* to be had from that.

*lessons FFS!

People need to move themselves past thinking we will ever get a clear run at it from the umps.

We need to be better so they aren’t a factor.

It is abundantly evident we will never be getting a ride. We need to nail every opportunity we get.

The ceiling of this side is significant, it won’t be long and free kicks won’t matter all that much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People need to move themselves past thinking we will ever get a clear run at it from the umps.

We need to be better so they aren’t a factor.

It is abundantly evident we will never be getting a ride. We need to nail every opportunity we get.

The ceiling of this side is significant, it won’t be long and free kicks won’t matter all that much.
It'll happen if the team reaches its ceiling. Good sides don't get punished.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

I hate to say it, but leaving aside general umpiring incompetence (which of course plays a role) I think Larkey is paying the price for over-egging too many ‘marking contest infringements’. He doesn’t get paid a lot that are there, but also puts way too much mayo on a lot that might not quite be there. I think he’s got a reputation for that now amongst umpires that is hurting him when genuine ones are there.

The bloke down the other end puts mayo on them, and they don’t mind giving them to him…..

I was super impressed yesterday. Little f*** ups here and there was what cost us, and like some others have stated, should have been up further at half time.

But I tell ya what, if Aidan Corr wasn’t a complete spud for the first 6 weeks, he would be AA contention. He is destroying his opponents at the moment. Insane stuff.

Frustration from the umps once again comes from the inconsistency. There was one mark attempt from Teakle on the wing, when Newman chopped his arms, and slightly touched the ball. No free, and I actually don’t mind that. Teaks needed to be stronger and therefore didn’t get the free.

But then the umps turn around and give the Motlop one which is insanely soft. The problem then is, that type of free should then be given 20 more times in the game, and isn’t. So by paying the soft Motlop one, the umps put themselves in the gun with supporters if they don’t continue to pay that soft type of free all day.

I can ****ing list em, Adrian Anderson, Brad Scott, Hocking, Gil, Macburney, whoever the head of the umpiring department before that clown.. there is a plethora of men who ****ed our game. But its all Lauras fault. She isn’t void from criticism but your lack of understanding is disturbing.

You would be one to blame a government that has been in power for 3/4 of a term and blame them for the current economic status in the country. Its from years and years and years of neglect.

I see it now It Must Be Them
Stop playing the woman bashing angle. She useless, actually she is beyond useless. That’s not gender based, that’s just her as a footy administrator.

She quickly becoming a laughing stock in the industry.

But if you think she got that job on merit, you have rocks in your head.

What does here predecessors being useless twats have to do with her being totally out of touch with the game and the supporter base?

Please enlighten me on the positive impact Laura is having on the game, that is becoming more and more a mess as the weeks go by?

There are plenty of women that do great jobs, but not sure why you want to plant your flag on her hill? She’s a lying twat.

Ump made up for it soon after when Jesse was able to infringe without being penalised. So it evens out in the long run.
He must be popular with the umpiring crew? That free kick in the second against, actually I am still trying to figure against who as no one actually infringed against him was beyond belief.

They somehow managed to see a slight grab in a pack against McKay late, but missed the guy trying to launch off McDonalds shoulders with his hands and missing the ball by 10 metres.

The guy at ****ing Flinders St saw it but 4 of these ****heads ignored it.

I'm still trying to work out how Curnow was allowed to slide through and take out Archer's legs as he was attempting to mark.
It was both contact below knees and tunneling.
Nothing.
Mind you, Hipwood got away with a pearler on Blakey.
Umpiring never been better!

the fogarty htb near the boundary was terrible as well! threw an arm around around fisher and knocked the ball out of his hand and that gets paid holding the ball.
I’m not as ballistic as some on here concerning HTB decisions overall. The biggest problem is that it’s been rendered almost impossible to adjudicate. Therefore, there’s always going to be “winners and losers”. Every contest becomes a “hold your breath” moment, waiting to see whether the outcome goes your way. Unfortunately, we were on the wrong end of very important decisions that resulted in goals. The Fisher and Curtis situations were the most obvious. Personally speaking, I’d prefer to see HTB removed from the game completely. It’s just too hard. I know, I know, it will result in messy “maul” situations. To me, fairness trumps those concerns. Obviously, I’m not a traditionalist. I only started watching footy when I was 31 in 1986. I’ve played Gaelic, Rugby, Soccer, Hurling and a tiny bit of footy. Therefore, I’m never going to be as stuck in my ways as others. Having said that, footy is my favourite game of all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Autopsy vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back