Autopsy Autopsy vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently there was an incident a minute or two earlier than that where the actual injury happened.
Makes more sense.
Also - IDGAF about injured Carlton players after them getting a ride. Hope they don't win a game for the rest of the year. :)

Watching the game finally. Random first half thoughts:

Larkey's was play on, but Motlop running 10m sideways isn't, which opened up the ground.
Logue's first intercept, class.
No 50m to Sheezel for being held for 4-5s after a mark.

The way LDU is allowed to be molested at center bounces is insane. 2 blokes hanging off his arms at times before he's even touched it.
Jy needs a kick up the ass. Killing us. End of career JZ levels of inside 50s.

Comben looking dangerous at both ends gives us a huge problem that you just love to have. Looks to love kicking goals.
Bailey Scott showing why it would be stupid to let him walk. Plays better in a team that doesn't expect him to do it all.

Fisher's free against for having the ball knocked out is droppable (for the ump), inexcusable. And then PC being pulled backwards off the ball without possession not being a free from 5 out.
Larkey needs to get up the ground more when he's struggling for a touch, he offers a dangerous link target, seems to take stronger 1-on-1 marks up the ground too.

I wish they'd stop handing random players boundary rider roles. Ruby Schleiger was awful, actually sounded like a caveman at times: "Hmm de Koning go down race".

Wardlaw/Sheezel: invests in lotion stocks. We were spoiled watching Cunners hands for 200+ games, Sheez might end up better.

Archer does something that we've been begging our players to do for years, at least makes them contest for a mark in general play. Countless times has he prevented a mark and turned it into a groundball contest.

Short throw in benefiting De Koning who runs onto it, throws it out, Motlop goal.
The "high" free against McKercher gifting Motlop another goal 2mins later is just absurd, tiggy touchwood bullshit.
No HTB for Logue on Curnow, haaaaaaaaaahahaha.

We're like a dealer standing on 17 with the way we automatically kick to the top of the square when we mark 70 out on the boundary. How about kicking it inboard a bit and getting players moving?

Well done sheez

Carlton v North Melbourne
10 Harry Sheezel (NMFC)
8 Patrick Cripps (CARL)
5 Tristan Xerri (NMFC)
3 Luke Davies-Uniacke (NMFC)
2 Charlie Curnow (CARL)
1 Tom De Koning (CARL)
1 Adam Saad (CARL)

Well done sheez

10 Harry Sheezel (NMFC)
8 Patrick Cripps (CARL)
5 Tristan Xerri (NMFC)
2 Charlie Curnow (CARL)
1 Tom De Koning (CARL)
1 Adam Saad (CARL)
Interested to see how the dopey umpires saw it on Brownlow Night. :stern look

I’m not as ballistic as some on here concerning HTB decisions overall. The biggest problem is that it’s been rendered almost impossible to adjudicate. Therefore, there’s always going to be “winners and losers”. Every contest becomes a “hold your breath” moment, waiting to see whether the outcome goes your way. Unfortunately, we were on the wrong end of very important decisions that resulted in goals. The Fisher and Curtis situations were the most obvious. Personally speaking, I’d prefer to see HTB removed from the game completely. It’s just too hard. I know, I know, it will result in messy “maul” situations. To me, fairness trumps those concerns. Obviously, I’m not a traditionalist. I only started watching footy when I was 31 in 1986. I’ve played Gaelic, Rugby, Soccer, Hurling and a tiny bit of footy. Therefore, I’m never going to be as stuck in my ways as others. Having said that, footy is my favourite game of all.
That might actually be a brilliant idea. Ball it up if it's not disposed of correctly.

So I was sitting in my leather recliner just last Sunday and I turned to Ms Sharon at half time and said, in my most posh voice, fucl< it let's cash in our bet as we got 4.75.
Why did I do that, one could ponder, I did it cause we aint ready as yet, but we're coming for this rabble comp.

So park the angst, it was a solid result for us, 19 points against the side sitting second, yeah we could have won and yeah we should have been five goals up at quarter time.

Just sayin

We're like a dealer standing on 17 with the way we automatically kick to the top of the square when we mark 70 out on the boundary. How about kicking it inboard a bit and getting players moving?
Nothing has changed since the triple towers (tarrant, hansen, and petrie). It's genuinely exciting when we lower our eyes and hit a lead because it's so rare.

I wish Larkey drew weitering away from the contest at times. Larkey was genuinely a liability at times when we were looking for a target down the line because he refused to compete. Weitering impacted too many contests and often it resulted in quick turnovers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I was sitting in my leather recliner just last Sunday and I turned to Ms Sharon at half time and said, in my most posh voice, fucl< it let's cash in our bet as we got 4.75.
Why did I do that, one could ponder, I did it cause we aint ready as yet, but we're coming for this rabble comp.

So park the angst, it was a solid result for us, 19 points against the side sitting second, yeah we could have won and yeah we should have been five goals up at quarter time.

Just sayin

So your last name is Sharon

Blah blah blah 'Cripps dominant performance to tighten grip on Brownlow' blah blah bullshit...

Both Sheez and Bailey ranked higher. Sheezel had more metres gained, 2 goals to none, more possessions at pretty much the same efficiency, from less TOG than Cripps.

F*ck the media tossing over certain players p1sses me off.

Will wait for the brownlow count with interest to see who gets votes from this game.
ABC votes were 3. Sheezel 2. Xerri 1. Cripps

Blah blah blah 'Cripps dominant performance to tighten grip on Brownlow' blah blah bullshit...

Both Sheez and Bailey ranked higher. Sheezel had more metres gained, 2 goals to none, more possessions at pretty much the same efficiency, from less TOG than Cripps.

F*ck the media tossing over certain players p1sses me off.

Will wait for the brownlow count with interest to see who gets votes from this game.
Lol, the Brownlow count??

Them campaigners wouldn't have a clue.

The coaches' votes have already been posted. That's where it's at.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Makes more sense.
Also - IDGAF about injured Carlton players after them getting a ride. Hope they don't win a game for the rest of the year. :)
Desperately bad luck for De Koning. I shed no tears for Carlton, obviously. However, I do feel sorry for the guy, personally. He’s a really good player who deserves to play finals. I mean, despite everything he went through, he was instrumental in Carlton winning that game. He edged Tristan in the second half. Without him, they lose. It could be argued that Xerri should have ironed him out. However, he didn’t. It speaks volumes for De Koning. It’s the sort of performance that teams look back on after winning a flag. Carlton won’t win it, I know. However, De Koning has, at least, ensured their destiny is in their own hands

Well done sheez

10 Harry Sheezel (NMFC)
8 Patrick Cripps (CARL)
5 Tristan Xerri (NMFC)
2 Charlie Curnow (CARL)
1 Tom De Koning (CARL)
1 Adam Saad (CARL)
I bet you Cripps gets three Brownlow votes

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Autopsy vs Carlton