Autopsy Autopsy vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed. But the pleasing thing is we coped a lot better than we have in recent times.

We would have been a lot closer to winning this game if:
  • We made fewer howlers that gave up goals, and/or
  • We coped better when the pressure went up in the third quarter, and/or
  • We made more of our periods of dominance in the first two quarters.
Agree on Sheezel too.
How many i50s went directly to the opposition. Worse than wasting a precious inside 50 is gifting the ball to Carlton (a top 3 side scores from HB) players in space.

The missed gimmes by Ford, Larkey and with rowing the ball away by blazing cost us 4-6 goals I think. That is the game right there.

Our board taking your injuries with the same seriousness/concern your docs and runners do.
Can anybody advise on the legal situation here? Would members of the North board be at risk of being sued by Harry McKay if he wakes up tomorrow and doesn't know what day it is or if Tom De Koning can't get his foot fight and has to retire early?

Can anybody advise on the legal situation here? Would members of the North board be at risk of being sued by Harry McKay if he wakes up tomorrow and doesn't know what day it is or if Tom De Koning can't get his foot fight and has to retire early?
Nope. Agar v Hyde 2000 says it would be absurd to hold anyone liable due to free will to play the sport of their choice.

Nope. Agar v Hyde 2000 says it would be absurd to hold anyone liable due to free will to play the sport of their choice.
There's also a more recent case against the Melbourne storm that supports this view.

There actually isn’t a bigger bunch of dickhead supporters than the blues. They would seriously be happy to go every week, a free kicked paid every 30 seconds to Charlie and nothing else happens. They could care less about football. They’ve become the biggest whiners in the game. Should change their name to The “BallYeahs”, it’s all they scream all game. Deluded clowns.
100%. There was a bunch near me who literally yelled “50!” every single time one of their players was tackled. Most entitled, whiny crowd in football.

They’re a funny lot. At the game on the weekend, they kept piping up about how much better we’re playing and how hard it must have been for North supporters (condescending much?!) - it’s almost like they’ve forgotten how crap they’ve been for the better part of the last 20 years! They don’t bother me too much - I’ve almost got a soft spot for them after they gifted us the 1999 flag

How many i50s went directly to the opposition. Worse than wasting a precious inside 50 is gifting the ball to Carlton (a top 3 side scores from HB) players in space.

The missed gimmes by Ford, Larkey and with rowing the ball away by blazing cost us 4-6 goals I think. That is the game right there.

Every one makes mistakes. But these were telling

Larkey play on

LDU missed tackle on Fogarty. Mr worlds greatest undiscovered jujitzu talent is ldu according to Viney junior and he can’t take down Fogarty when he has him dead to rights. Come on man.

Ford miss was top 5 all time

50 metre on Tucker

Worlds worst short pass from Logue

Kerch forgetting how his legs work and how you use them on a footy field

That’s six goals from terrible play

Then you can add to poor inside 50 delivery

Then some dodgy free kicks/lack of free kicks

Larkey play on

LDU missed tackle on Fogarty. Mr worlds greatest undiscovered jujitzu talent is ldu according to Viney junior and he can’t take down Fogarty when he has him dead to rights. Come on man.

50 metre on Tucker

When Clarkson says we lack polish, its a diplomatic way of saying.. we lost rather than Carltank won

100%. There was a bunch near me who literally yelled “50!” every single time one of their players was tackled. Most entitled, whiny crowd in football.

. Beaten by a minnow club in their last grand final
. 29 years without a flag
. Lost a priority draft pick in 2002 and 1st pick.
. Wooden spoons 02, 05, 06, 15 & 2018
. Gave away a bloke who kicked 712 goals at the Eagles
. 3 x priority draft picks, which didn't help, Walker, Murphy, Kreuzer
. " JUDDY "............( who didn't help )
. Countless board spills

Haven't had much to cheer about since 1995.

Last edited:

Larkey play on

50 metre on Tucker

All of that is spot on. Not sure what Larkey was thinking and that LDU tackle attempt had me shaking my head at the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah not sure, just looked like one that didn’t stick to me and I thought he looked pretty disappointed with himself afterwards.
I reckon the doubt has been planted in players minds and as a result if they don't commit to nailing someone 100% then there's a chance the tackle won't stick.

That's a very liberal use of the word "promptly" and I guess in relative terms, "a short time later" is reasonable, if that refers to the comparison of how long it took to remove McKay from the field to the duration of hominid habitation of the planet.

We saw medical staff reviewing video for at least 4 minutes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Autopsy vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back