Autopsy Autopsy vs Freo - 2-0 baby

Remove this Banner Ad

I will get s**t down but anyone else think Buckets to full forward when he comes back us crazy? Two reasons. 1 it’s Clarkson coaching not desperate Nobel. Clarko would utilise jus marking strength. 2 are we sure buckets foot skills are up to clarkos defensive transition game style
Nah he probably comes in for bergman

And allows corr to play third tall and on smaller types

McKay wants to play full back that’s his best spot

3. LDU.
2.Logie Bear.
1.Goldy.

Logie was huge considering he was outsized all night and under constant pressure.

Chom gave 100% but boy he gives away too many frees from over exuberance. Will trust the coaches to reign him in just a bit.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk
Smooch there is actually a thread for your votes.

Don’t know where to put it, but how grouse was Winnie Abraham before the game? I used to do swimming lessons at North Melbourne pool as a kid. I remember one day splashing around in the deep pool and then looking to my left and seeing that I’d been dive bombing Winnie for the last 5 minutes. Totally star struck

Sure the umpire said to the Freo players re siren and free View attachment 1640186
Steve Mcgarrett Tani Rey GIF by CBS

It’s been a hectic 14 hours since the siren sounded (prior to going out of bounds), but I just wanted to get my thoughts down on virtual paper, for my own therapy more than anything else:

• What a wonderful feeling to once again feel proud of our club‘s on field performance. Where we’ve been the last few years makes wins like this even more sweeter. It’s an emotional ride, being a Shinboner. And I wouldn’t change it for anything.
  • The last two weeks have just reenforced what we’ve all known - we are/were a better team than our results have shown the last two seasons in particular. I’ve blabbered on about this enough, but it’s crazy how quickly a team improves when they implement some (ANY) form of organized defensive structure. For at least two years we played a one on one defensive scheme, which even mediocre bush football clubs have gone past. Yes we’ve been young and our bodies have been boys vs men, but we walked into every game with an 8 goal handicap due to system (or lack thereof) alone.
  • What is sticking out like giant, dangly dog‘s balls is that Clarko’s DNA is all over this team and we’re only two games into the season. At Hawthorn he built his offensive game plan around having his best ball users behind the football. It’s why Sheez is playing back, why Berger King™ and Goat are getting a game, why TT was playing there in the pre-season and why he’s trying to turn Blake Drury into a defender. And more bluntly, it’s why certain blokes aren’t getting a game who have been best 22 in the past. Can you imagine a NMFC side in the last [insert time period] years trying to execute that game plan last night? We would’ve given up 25+ goals through unforced errors and missed targets in our own d50.
  • While I’m most rapt with the obvious, well drilled game plan - what we can’t underestimate is 23 blokes going out there and having a genuine, red hot crack. We seem to be approaching the contest ballistically and its resulting in us winning the majority of 50/50 balls. Makes a huuuuge difference.
  • Our tackling is the best it’s been in a long long time.
  • We still have a long way to go, especially fitness wise and ability to run out a game - but that will come. The foundation is set.
  • Winnie Abraham 💙🤍
  • I’m finding it difficult to come up with new and adequate ways to express my love for LDU.

Last edited:

Interesting watching the footage and seeing the photo of the scoreboard in the background. The clock says 0.00 secs left in the game when Sheezel's kick hits the ground inside the boundary line. If you watch the clock in the footage and not the game, it counts down to 0.00 secs, which should be the true end of the game.

It will be controversial for a long time, but in my view, the game finished when the clock reached zero seconds.

Bearing in mind that sound travels much more slowly than light, the timekeepers may well have sounded the siren right at the point the clock reached 0.00 seconds, but everyone watching the game, would have heard it fractionally later than they saw the ball cross the boundary, giving a false impression that the game was not over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Current odds on someone in the media lamenting…?

“Now if this was a Grand Final…”
Literally Tony Jones the shitcampaigner

To see a semi finalist from last year, on their home deck, consistently being forced by a North Melbourne defensive setup to go for the long dump kick inside 50 was just the weirdest feeling.

I cannot remember the last top 8 calibre team we forced into doing that. Like, seriously, it could've been 2016 when we last did that. Our defensive setup has improved out of sight

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Autopsy vs Freo - 2-0 baby

Remove this Banner Ad

Back