Autopsy Autopsy vs Richmond - narrow win gives NMFC its third win of the season

Remove this Banner Ad

Wooden Spooner's dragged us down to their level, and we obliged, but beat 'em anyway.

Xerri should at least be in AA squad, couple of decent games from whipping boy's Bailey and Sleevo, probably Arch's best game for the club, Chom battled away under duress, plenty of negatives, i will consider after watching the replay.

Not exactly convincing, but important nonetheless. Learning how to win, is the big step forward for us.
LDU, X and Souva all outstanding.
Bailey excellent, particularly late. Sign on the line mate!
Stevo responded with some important efforts late, after an ordinary start.
Zane's mark one of the best I've seen live. Just need to get him involved more as what he does is electric.

We had to win today and we did. Important for the boys going forward. We actually absorbed their pressure pretty well in the last. The back 6 held up and we didn't give them many easy looks despite how many repeat entries they had.

And well done to the North faithfull!
35k and haven't seen the members wing so full outside of Good Friday in a long time.

Not exactly convincing, but important nonetheless. Learning how to win, is the big step forward for us.
LDU, X and Souva all outstanding.
Bailey excellent, particularly late. Sign on the line mate!
Stevo responded with some important efforts late, after an ordinary start.
Zane's mark one of the best I've seen live. Just need to get him involved more as what he does is electric.

We had to win today and we did. Important for the boys going forward. We actually absorbed their pressure pretty well in the last. The back 6 held up and we didn't give them many easy looks despite how many repeat entries they had.

And well done to the North faithfull!
35k and haven't see the members wing so full outside of Good Friday in a long time.
Oh and Jacko was outstanding!
Hopefully he finally gets his RS nom

Anybody suggest again that Bailey Scott is out the door or not good enough for this team, give yourself an uppercut and then start supporting him, played bloody well and saved us more than a few times, yes we know sometimes he does shank his kick but when he does great team things notice how there is always crickets! No surprise the margin in the end, a combination of some of our boys hitting the wall, plus skill errors and Richmond the same.

Good win, the win we had to have, Tommy Powell well played , Tristan very close to All Australian, LDU.... the man, Aidan Corr good game, Tucker good and Jaiden Stephenson did some great team things and his experience in that last quarter was vital, well played, copped plenty on here which I feel is overboard and another that when he does play well people say the same things.

Do people notice that since we brought in Brynn to the side and played him centre half forward he has not only straightened us up but we have played much, much better! Forget about the stats with some of our players because its the little things they do that maybe don't count on the stat sheet, good game boys well done, now next week.....

Any win is a good win when you are trying to build confidence and resilience in a young team, but it wasn't a great spectacle, both teams turned over the ball or made poor decisions with little or no pressure and both looked a level or two below AFL level at times. Clarko still has a lot of work to do, but he also a lot of young talent to work with.

• Duursma's mark was spectacular, but he was a little quiet today.
  • Jackson Archer's dad was one of the best overhead marks I've seen, Glen Archer's son is proving to be very good in the air as well.
  • LDU and Sheezel were excellent in the middle, but they were let down by mixed performances from Simpkin and Phillips.
  • Xerri is now a top 3 ruck in the game, his improvement over the course of the season has been nothing short of spectacular.
  • Bailey Scott's second half the season has been outstanding, he must be kept.
  • Tucker and Stephenson receive a lot of negative crap on this board but I thought both were very good today. After a poor first quarter, Stephenson was very good and Tucker was very good when under pressure.

Ill care about the negatives another time. We won. Ill take it.

Today I saw a team figure out how to win.

Today I saw players put thier body on the line.

Today I saw a team finally give sone highlights to talk about.

BGZ'S grab is our best highlight since the Colby run. (Yes better than the Sheezel basketball bounce clearance)

LDU had 33&3 which is all time. We are finally having midfielders kicking goals again AND kicking goals on the run from 50 after centre clearance.

As a defender myself, Archer and Chomb are everything, heart and soul players. Corr has made me look a fool for my early season criticism.

I LOVE THIS! WINNING IS SOOOOOO ****ING GOOD!!!

I haven’t heckled the stats so this is just the eyeball test:

- Midfield flogged them in tight but we got pantsed on the spread.

- Xerri enormous. It have been his best match for the club. Against good opposition, he was getting tackles, clearances and marks around the ground and getting it done with the taps. He ground Nankervis down to a paste in the end. Brilliant.

- enormous response from LDU kicking goals, dancing and spreading from congestion. Rusty in the first quarter but dominated the game.

- After a disappearing act for a quarter of the match, Sheeze fought back with a vengeance. Critical at numerous stages all over the ground.

- Will was pretty good playing a pretty straight bat today as a ball winner. Numerous times showed composure to lower the eyes when the rest of the team’s wits had failed them.

- Powell very good today in defence as the release kick. Was having a mare first quarter but fought back admirably.

- Jy had a pretty crap game I thought and while bobbed up with good pressure for moments was caught in no man’s land for most of the match.

-Tucker played an important wing/HB game and was influential is stopping and creating goals.

- Scott had his second career-best game today. Oodles of run, good disposal, drive forward, saving the defences bacon, a goal assist or two and a goal. Immense.

- Comben did brilliantly considering his arms and legs were only being attached to his torso with tape. So much heart.

- apart from the odd poor decision, Corr continued his strong run and didn’t look like losing a one-on-one.

- Ketch was serviceable but didn’t really have any standout moments.

- Stephens was ok.

- Stephenson had a much better second half after a few stuff ups.

- Ford had some big marks on the wing but has to turn around quicker to take advantage of the mark. He is probably spent so will improve this aspect with greater conditioning.

- Curtis didn’t have a huge offensive day but was crucial with about 5 50/50 that he either halved or won. Very good.

- Larkey played well and was better leading to the ball.

- Pink did enough to warm the CHF for any inanimate carbon rod out there that we select to fill it.

- Duursma had some nice moments and one incredible moment. I was sick so only saw it on the tellie. The crowd seemed loud. Has to play on the ground from now on.

- Teakle continued his handy form being a wing outlet and bring down a couple of contested marks and a goal. Super consistent.

- Zurhaar didn’t have many opportunities in the forward half but played well defensively and as a link up on HF. A pretty selfless game from him.

Larry David Hbo GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez some negative outlook punters in here.

Yeh skills left a lot to be desired at times but we are the least experienced team in the comp, and despite their ladder position the tigers had their pressure gauge going strong for most of the game.

There’s some players getting games that shouldn’t be, but that’s something to tackle in the off season.

When the pressure is on, good teams find a way to win. Often it isn’t pretty. A team full of kids and under pressure, found a way to win today.

That’s a tick

Another day living the uniquely North Melbourne Experience:tm:. Loved being at the game, good crowd, great energy. Loved Archer, Xerri, Chom, Scott, LDU, Sheezel, loved Duursma's mark, and thought Stephenson got better as the game wore on, even laid a few tackles that actually stuck. An ugly game but the win itself I'll describe as beautiful.

Good way to end Euro holiday today, watching the Roos belt the Tigers underneath the Acropolis. These are the type of games we simply must win if we are to climb up. Next season we need to start beating a few teams in the mid tier group. Our leaders were good today, Xerri, LDU, Sheezel. Scott and Stevo also had good games. It's been good watching the games overseas on the international afl app. Good service.
20240803_092424.jpg

Was an entertaining cripple fight, very glad to take the win!

To be honest we looked tired all day which is probably to be expected with so many young players in the side.

Really good to see us dig deep to overcome a shitty start and hold them off in the last.

Congrats to LMac on his 200th. I’ve had a lot of criticism for him over the journey but his recent games have been useful.

Imagine complaining about a win🤷‍♂️
My son said to me as we were leaving the ground we’ve seen as many wins in 5 weeks in Melbourne as we have in about the 2 years before it.

If you’re complaining about a win you should take a look in a mirror and uppercut yourself.

It’s beyond ridiculous

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Autopsy vs Richmond - narrow win gives NMFC its third win of the season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back