Autopsy Autopsy vs Richmond - narrow win gives NMFC its third win of the season

Remove this Banner Ad

It's great to win!

Tyros Comben & Archer looking like real steel down back.

Sheezel continues to astound; now too quick for the umpires (and the AA selectors?).

He's scary, but LDU has levels of self-belief to go. Goals on the run have come - next the set shots.

McKercher's inevitable move up the ground will focus his influence into the forward 50, where most of our poorest work is done.

Duursma's dramatic dangle was quite the display of talent; the mark from the side in the 1st quarter, and going back into the Richmond player with the sit in the 2nd, and still getting a good piece of the ball, were equally impressive. Smooooth.

So much to like.

• Glenn Archer was outside gate 5 after the game taking photos and having a good time with the fans (so great to see)
  • My daughter came to her 2nd game for the year and thats 2 wins from 2! I guess she comes every week from now on?
  • She's also now Spiderman, so I guess the Disney/Marvel Stadium marketing folks will be happy

1000028892.jpg

campaigner behind me wiped dogs hit off his boot onto my seat.
Did you point at it afterwards and say, “Hey, just like your team today?”
I would hope he’s a rich fan though

Winning beers always better!

Was good to win when we were nowhere near our best. Although we iced that game alot better in the last few minutes which is an improvement.

Onya Kangas!!

Funny old game, but I think we were owed a bit of luck after the Pies and Dees losses.

My biggest positive was when we were in control of the game we looked seriously dangerous. Larkey looked lethal and our mids huffed and puffed and apart from LDU had “almost” days.

I’d hate to see our turnover numbers but we stuck fat and got one against the grain.

Corr, Steevo, Tucker, Comben, Lmac and Zurhaar all had sneaky good games.

LDU, Larks, Arch,and Scott had obviously great games.

Geez the Tiggies are in a world of hurt, no wonder their coach and CEO ran for the hills. No doubt Balmey will be following!

Last edited:
Good to get the win. Would have liked to ice the game in the 3rd. If only Jy hand balled to RH Jnr🤨
Thought our skills were poor early, and we turned the ball over too much. Jacko saved us plenty of times.
In the 2nd and 3rd qtrs LDU, Xerri and P.C all got us back into the match.
Richmonds poor goal kicking and Bailey Scott’s clutch goal and mark at CHB sealed the win

Last edited:
I thought we’d drop this game

When you don’t know how to win, any win is vital.

So the fact that we were outplayed, out muscled, out run, and still won is pleasing. It was really an anti north performance. Usually we throw everything at the oppo, out play them but can’t get the win.

And let’s not pretend that the tigers offers players aren’t very solid. Taranto, nank, Prestia, baker, balta, hopper, Rioli, Bolton all played well. They seat themselves for an ambush and couldn’t get over the line.

Geez they killed us on transition.

That last qrt we really struggled to get the ball into our forward line, and when we did it went to a tigers defender.

So all in all, it’s a clear sign of improvement to get a win like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To me nothing else matters other than beating these campaigners when they're in front of us. **** Richmond. Go north.

Was pretty sour about the standard of footy for most of the game, but upon reflection after the game...that wasn't a bruise free and almost throwing it type of win....it was an ugly, absorb their pressure then slowly run over them type of win.

Not since the Laidley days we've ever learned to win ugly.

We still have a long way to go, and plenty to be annoyed about....but if you think there hasn't been improvement since the bye and you didn't walk away happy - then footy ain't for you.

Since the bye:

For: 635
Against: 777
Percentage: 81% (take out the Sydney game and it’s above 90%).

3 wins
6 losses

Snag a win next week and a 4-6 second half of the year will be a big step up after 0-11.
Really want to be tidying up our mistakes because ordinarily a team that coughs it up like we did today doesnt get the chocolates, poor kicking by the tiggers helped us immensely by not capitalising on them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Autopsy vs Richmond - narrow win gives NMFC its third win of the season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back