B Section - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that we are all playing for second, does anyone have any news on the other games?
BTW, I have never seen so much self adulation after one game as what has been posted by Caulfield people in the last 18 hours, talk about making enemies quickly.

Finally good news out of St Bernards, Chris Liberatore will pull on the boots this week for one of the very few times this year, will he inspire them to victory? Perhaps.......

Uncle Mick, you are getting smashed on the Clubbies board, why all of the hate towards your good self?

Cheers.

Now that we are all playing for second, does anyone have any news on the other games?
BTW, I have never seen so much self adulation after one game as what has been posted by Caulfield people in the last 18 hours, talk about making enemies quickly.
Briza, whilst i was at Brindisi, I had a good friend of mine out at Marcellin.
He told me that they were lucky to be so close as the Eagles were fortuntate to kick with the wind for 3 quarters. He said Blacks were missing a bevvy of stars and expected them to filter in over the next few weeks.
Marcellin also had a few out and thinks they have St Kev's number based on the St Kev's v Hampton result. It looks like a very interting game between the Catholics this week, I'm tipping the Eagles by a smidgen!
I think that St Bernards will bounce back for a win, surely last weekend was a blip?
Brighton, Caulfield and Beauy at home to take the chocolates.

Can Assure you BS that this is not the mindset of the playing group.

We know the facts, Bernies were undermanned from the beginning, possibly drawn out from the emotion of a tribute match and to top it off, lost most of, if not the whole bench by the main break.

And to top it off, the wind swung around in the last to rub the salt in to the wounds of what was a day the Bernies will want to forget.

Having said that, we will take the win out there and wouldn't want to play them this week.
Looking forward to getting back to Glen Huntly and having a crack at the rovers.
And without knowing where the other clubs are at, we look forward to Beaumaris and Oakleigh. These games will be our tests to see if or how far we have moved forward.

P.S. The Pit was F$%*ING ROCK HARD... conditions of other decks?

Pine Lodge 9 out of 10
Marcellin 1000000000000000000000000000 out of 10

Finally good news out of St Bernards, Chris Liberatore will pull on the boots this week for one of the very few times this year, will he inspire them to victory? Perhaps.......

Uncle Mick, you are getting smashed on the Clubbies board, why all of the hate towards your good self?

Cheers.[/quotc

congratuations on your win buddy, it was pretty awesome to watch....
however,
there is a long way to go in the season and banging on like you have been is a sure way to end up getting burnt
re above, dont be disrespectful
bit of humility mate

Not referring to St Bernards at all, they are the last team who would give up any contest, they would stick it out with 10 fit players.

Actually commending Hampton, they stuck to their task last week unbelievably and deserved to gain 2 points from the contest.

Doesn't appear that too many posts have been out of line since last weekend's matches.

Many a side has won by 10 gls plus in Rd 1 and been relegated, as have sides lost by 10gls plus in Rd 1 and been promoted. Grand Final spots aren't decided in April.

Seem to recall that Xavs one year in the early 2000's were 1-8 at halfway and won the flag. Carey also struggled early last year.

These are the joys of football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not referring to St Bernards at all, they are the last team who would give up any contest, they would stick it out with 10 fit players.

Actually commending Hampton, they stuck to their task last week unbelievably and deserved to gain 2 points from the contest.

Yep, and I think most people would have taken it that way.

If this gets resized too small, right click and view image...

b1101.gif

Beau v OI
Brighton v Oakleigh
Caulf v Hampton Rov
Blacks v Bernards
St Kevs v Marc

Good luck to all teams this weekend.

OI by 22pts: Too much grunt.

OB by 31pts: Home sweet home.

Caul by 38pts: Too slick. Too exciting.

Blacks by 3 pts: I will have to re-finance my house after the SnowDogs effort last week.

St.Kevs by 26pts: A bit too much polish for their opponents at the moment.

OI to beat Beauy
Brighton to kick start their year over the Oaks
Caulfield to hammer the Rovers
Blacks to beat Bernies
StKevs to smash Marcellin

Beaumaris v Old Ivanhoe
Old Brighton v Oakleigh
Caulfield v Hampton Rovers
University Blacks v St. Bernard's
St.Kevins v Marcellin

Beaumaris v Old Ivanhoe
Old Brighton v Oakleigh
Caulfield v Hampton Rovers
University Blacks v St. Bernard's
St.Kevins v Marcellin

will be heading out to GO for the big clash and to try and catch up with the great man. Also chasing a ticket to Pres lunch to listen to the big man speak if not then I'll set myself up with the thermos under the scoreboard for an interesting game.

CC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back