B Section B Section Amateur Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's close at 3qtr time I'd back OEG's fitness over OHs.

Rain is another factor though.

TBP - rain is the biggest factor of this game.
neither teams have played in the rain, sometimes fitness might not be the case in the rain. but skill level will be. surely the skill level of both teams will drop.

the factor will be whose skill level will fall most in the rain.

this is the biggest test for OEG leading up to the derby next week. if they win this week we will all be able to greatfully admit OEG will be the benchmark of the year.

OH have recruited from established players, evidently they have little depth.OEG will have a strong reserves side in.Both games will be great.

Just posted with comments and something stuffed up - can't be bothered typing again.
Round 4 tips
Marcellin
Old Haileybury
StBernards
Old Camberwell
Beaumaris

Lets see if i get 5 again...not that anyone really cares...is there a tipping prize???

SKOB in good win over camberwell...Kent Kinsely did his hammy (I believe) both sides looked alright with SKOB having the edge most of the time. Any other results around?

OEG in a win in a great game. OH tried hard all day but OEG were determined and condos is fitting in well.[kicked 7] Brown is class and tried hard all day. OH ran out of gas however they should play finals.

SKOB in good win over camberwell...Kent Kinsely did his hammy (I believe) both sides looked alright with SKOB having the edge most of the time. Any other results around?
Yes was down at Spaghetti to watch the second half of that game, great contest throughout with Skob just having too much run for the Weller's in the end, Skob captain young Dowd was super impressive when the pressure was on.

OC had a very, very good side in, bar Loats. Super impressed with Bayford, Cross(VFL seniors last week at BH), Lachy Carey(Box Hill), Tallis,D Mc Guigan. Beranger was fair to good, as was Baldwin(big unit) and Durlo. Kingsley got there about 1pm as did Baldwin, not sure if that had anything to do with Kent doing his hammy just before half time, but he hadnt had one possession anyway.
They will survive this year and win around 7-8 games. It was a good ressies game also.

OEG in a win in a great game. OH tried hard all day but OEG were determined and condos is fitting in well.[kicked 7] Brown is class and tried hard all day. OH ran out of gas however they should play finals.

Well done to OEG. Better side on the day. They certainly proved that themselves as a side to beat. I'll be interested to see if they can win in September - i hear they struggle come finals. As for the Derby next week, it should be a ripper. I'll tip 'em over the "worst blokes in the ammos". And as for OH, i think they shoved it up the critics who said they had no depth!!! Footy's a great game isn't it!

Smokey your a bit harsh on the lads from Bernies.It is some of the old supporters that get a bit ordinary when the are getting beaten.We all like to win however to be a gracious looser is harder!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did anyone predict at the start of the year, that St Bernards & Old Essendon would be undefeated after Round 4, and playing against each other in the headline match in B Section as part of Rivalry Round?

Football club located just north of Melbourne require the services of a Full Forward ASAP..... Good coin up for grabs, good football standard! Open to any player

PM me for more information

Well done to OEG. Better side on the day. They certainly proved that themselves as a side to beat. I'll be interested to see if they can win in September - i hear they struggle come finals. As for the Derby next week, it should be a ripper. I'll tip 'em over the "worst blokes in the ammos". And as for OH, i think they shoved it up the critics who said they had no depth!!! Footy's a great game isn't it!

If there was going to be a start to B section ammo footy - OEG and STB being undefeated. both beating OH and playing off in the derby title in round 5 - this is what everyone would be looking forward too.

COMPARISON: HAWTHORN and GEELONG.
OEG sitting second on percentage to the dogs.
OEG forward line is equivalent to the Hawks. Condos, Copper, Clifton, Skurrie, Obliubek - i would doubt that Bernies would be able to keep it quite enough to win.
But the Dogs are on top for a reason. and they deserve it.

Should be a ripping game; a lot at stake - top spot and the fletcher madden cup.

Just got back from Beauy versus OMs. Beauy impressive, well drilled, switch the play at the right times. OMs, the opposite. Beauy kicked 5 into the wind in the first and the game was over.
Dont know if OMs are really bad or Beauy just made them look crap. Either way, dont expect Fly to rush to do a match report for OMs website tonight.
Beauy by 6 goals when I left with 10 mins to go in the last.

Just got back from Beauy versus OMs. Beauy impressive, well drilled, switch the play at the right times. OMs, the opposite. Beauy kicked 5 into the wind in the first and the game was over.
Dont know if OMs are really bad or Beauy just made them look crap. Either way, dont expect Fly to rush to do a match report for OMs website tonight.
Beauy by 6 goals when I left with 10 mins to go in the last.

Get lost on the way home?

b0804.gif

Well well well. I've got my mojo back. 5 tips in both A and B.

Merc27 powers out to a handy lead, Its A Goal and Chris Griffin hang on by the skin of their teeth. Mr Consistency (of what? Custard?) BrianSpeaking chalks up yet another 3.

New entrant SweetChillie makes an impressive debut. I wonder if he is the same person who got all horrified when I mentioned BigFooty on Saturday, but who I reckon is a closet poster. Hmmmm!

RD 4 review

• Carey puts up a show but Potter weaves some magic with 9.
  • What has happenned to Caulfield???? If last year was a big escape from C, they need a bigger one this year.
  • McKinnon lived up to its B+ billing with big Condos wrecking havoc with 7 majors.
  • SKOB continue to get the yips in front of goal but do enough to take out the Wellers.
  • The Sharks live it up at beach side to put OMs in early trouble.

It promises to be a fantastic game. This game has been a long time coming, there have been many verbal battles at One Bar, Jimmies and Vinyl Bar amongst players and supporters of both teams about this game one day eventuating.

Both grounds are only a couple of Anthony Rocca torpedo punts away, there have been some great Sun Shield school games against both schools. Many ex coaches/players/presidents have been apart of both teams, supporters know each and both schools have provided a breeding ground for AFL players.

The game will be played at Windy Hill, a fitting venue for such a clash, and with the AFL bye weekend, and good weather predicted this game should draw 1000-1500 people. I believe both clubs are also pushing hard to get some ex PEGS and Bernards AFL players to attend the game. Again, it should be a ripper day, best of luck to both clubs.

It promises to be a fantastic game. This game has been a long time coming, there have been many verbal battles at One Bar, Jimmies and Vinyl Bar amongst players and supporters of both teams about this game one day eventuating.

Both grounds are only a couple of Anthony Rocca torpedo punts away, there have been some great Sun Shield school games against both schools. Many ex coaches/players/presidents have been apart of both teams, supporters know each and both schools have provided a breeding ground for AFL players.

The game will be played at Windy Hill, a fitting venue for such a clash, and with the AFL bye weekend, and good weather predicted this game should draw 1000-1500 people. I believe both clubs are also pushing hard to get some ex PEGS and Bernards AFL players to attend the game. Again, it should be a ripper day, best of luck to both clubs.

Have to agree, its going to be hard to find another game as big as this in the VAFA this weekend, and you forgot to mention both sides are sitting undefeated on top of the ladder with many players to be coming back in on both sides I believe.

If there was going to be a start to B section ammo footy - OEG and STB being undefeated. both beating OH and playing off in the derby title in round 5 - this is what everyone would be looking forward too.

OEG forward line is equivalent to the Hawks. Condos, Copper, Clifton, Skurrie, Obliubek - i would doubt that Bernies would be able to keep it quite enough to win.

Should be a ripping game; a lot at stake - top spot and the fletcher madden cup.

Woolley, your favourite, Jimmy Condos, must've played well???

Is it actually the Fletcher-Madden Cup?

Matthew Lloyd-Zac Dawson Cup may be more appropriate!!!!
Word around the campfire is that Clifton has been up on the ball and on the wing a bit and playing very good footy in his new role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back