B Section B Section Amateur Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Note: Never played each other

There has been a bit of rivalry over the years off the field though....

Let's not forget The Pit's Great Tart Drought from 1999 to present.

If I recall correctly, the drought started as a result of James Heritage week-after-week cutting a few away from the herd much to the chagrin of the boys from The Pit

The drought became more pronounced in the early 2000's when Clanger Mitchell was voted one of the worst blokes in the VAFA which also coincided with the Ryan boys commencing their VAFA tenure at The Pit

I have also heard they have recently upgraded to Stage 5 Tart Restrictions and the St Bernard's thinktank - 'Fox' Hughes has called an urgent EGM to find a solution to the matter

Agree... but who gives a shitee, its going to be a good game. I think the whole GF preview is just the boys getting a bit toey for september to arrive. I wonder who is going to score the first report for the game? As well as a good game, I'm guessing there will be plenty of biffo as many years of banter and player stealing is coming to crunch. The only thing OEG had to celebrate last year after their straight sets loss was that phone call at 4:45pm on a mild 16 deg day to some blokes back to the OEG headquarters that the Bernards had been relegated in spectacular fashion....... I think its the only thing that motivated them to hit a preseason after..well no need to go into that again. :)

The VAFA are very concerned about the prospect of biffo in this game both on and off the field.
Possible solutions mentioned by the VAFA Exec include;
  • 4 field umpires for the game including an emergency (who will be Handles).
  • both teams wear the same jumper, confusing the hell out of everyone especially the Biggs Boys.
  • 2 neutral timekeepers who are to protected 24/7 for the next 5 days by Jimmy Rowes security.
  • Crowd Lock out - if this fails,
  • instructing the Windy Hill social club to stop selling all alco pop drinks up to and during the game.
  • Tearing down the scoreboard so the Old bernard fogies have no where to stand.
  • Asking Sims Sport to advertise a massive clear out sale between the hours of 2 till 5.

The VAFA are very concerned about the prospect of biffo in this game both on and off the field.
Possible solutions mentioned by the VAFA Exec include;
  • 4 field umpires for the game including an emergency (who will be Handles).
  • both teams wear the same jumper, confusing the hell out of everyone especially the Biggs Boys.
    [*]2 neutral timekeepers who are to protected 24/7 for the next 5 days by Jimmy Rowes security.
  • Crowd Lock out - if this fails,
  • instructing the Windy Hill social club to stop selling all alco pop drinks up to and during the game.
  • Tearing down the scoreboard so the Old bernard fogies have no where to stand.
  • Asking Sims Sport to advertise a massive clear out sale between the hours of 2 till 5.

One of the Jimmy Rowes bouncer is a former OEG player... just ask SKOBs Sam Conlan.

The only bloke talking GF preview is our resident VAFA guru Jason who is just a little excited at the thought of this big match and can already smell September.

Everyone else just wants to see 2 old rivals go head to head for the first time. Let's face it, it's only round 5 so a little bit of spice early on never hurt.

I'm tipping no biffo, no reports and OEG in a thriller by 5 points. Skurrie to win the medal kicking 7, with the last coming after the final siren. (Note: Medal may not actually exist)
I reckon young Jase is spot on TBP. Condos is obviously a star and I'd be more than happy to see the 2 clubs go at it on GF day if SKOB arent good enough. As long as OH arent in the mix I'd even be happy for OMs to go up...umm, no I wouldnt.
Will be interesting to see both of these teams post this match and I wonder if Scatters will give OEGs President Flaherty any time on his St Bernards footy show if/when OEG take the points?

Brian, which games did you see on the weekend? Any feedback from them? Your comments are generally and I only say generally pretty accurate. Also what is the go with Rep footy this year in the Ammo's ? It always provides great debate to whom should be playing.

Brian, which games did you see on the weekend? Any feedback from them? Your comments are generally and I only say generally pretty accurate. Also what is the go with Rep footy this year in the Ammo's ? It always provides great debate to whom should be playing.

I have been following Brian for years, and frankly, I just find his comments generally, and I only say generally, pretty offensive.

As for the Stage 5 Tart Restrictions, I must confess I only deviate off the Tulla to get to the Pit or the Broady Mag Crt, but are the young ladies from Lowther Hall and/or St Columbas that discerning?

I have been following Brian for years, and frankly, I just find his comments generally, and I only say generally, pretty offensive.

As for the Stage 5 Tart Restrictions, I must confess I only deviate off the Tulla to get to the Pit or the Broady Mag Crt, but are the young ladies from Lowther Hall and/or St Columbas that discerning?
Frase, are you just annoyed that I didnt answer your last PM? I must apologise as my boots were full of concrete which caused me to have brain drain...if you know what i mean

As far as games I saw on the weekend, I watched a hard fought match between SKOB and OC, and I found both teams to be pretty evenly matched. OC have some super players, as do SKOB and I think both teams will be sniffing around the 4 by years end.
ON Sunday I watched Beauy and OMs, and thought that Beauy had great spirir, are very well drilled and will be more trhan capable of winning 8 games to stay in B. Not sure OMs have any real ability without Ned Morrisson in the team, and this leads me to believe that they will be around the lower parts of the ladder.

Frase, and I only say this generally, pretty generally or is it disengenuos, or am I being generally general when I generally post generally general VAFA crap???
icon5.gif
icon10.gif

I'd forgotten that one Nick - but now that you reminded me - yeah I am annoyed.....again! :D

Enough of this general cr@p.

Dont you worry about tart restrictions down the pit! The boys from the pit stay away from the local tarts and tend to poach all the biatches from all those so called pretty boys from the other side of the river! And not only do those clubs pay their players supposedly they have to pay to get their tarts as well! Or Their daddy does anyway!:cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont you worry about tart restrictions down the pit! The boys from the pit stay away from the local tarts and tend to poach all the biatches from all those so called pretty boys from the other side of the river! And not only do those clubs pay their players supposedly they have to pay to get their tarts as well! Or Their daddy does anyway!:cool:
yep thats what we all do on this side of the river ticklemychip !!!!!!

Yeah, you're spot on mate. Our girls love your travisty T's, blonde tips and free guest list at CQ.

I saw Old Carey versus St Bernards on the weekend and Potter is an absolute gun. He was clearly the difference between the two teams though the skill of Rowe and some red headed kid ? Smith for Old Carey nearly gave them the edge. The big difference other than Potter, and maybe Roach, was St Bernard's skill level. Old Carey seemed to have more of the pill but turned it over whilethe Snow Dogs were much more polished. I left just before three quarter time to watch the last at Marcellin, which was an utter waste of time, though no direspect to either side. Marcellin was far too good and the game was over by the time i got there. From what i saw St Bernards are a very quick polished unit while Old Carey shouldnt be relegated and may challenge finals if they get a rattle on soon. Caulfield would need those rumoured recruits soon. The St Bernards crowd seemed fairly tame except for some tosser in a red jacket behind the goals

I saw Old Carey versus St Bernards on the weekend and Packer is an absolute gun. He was clearly the difference between the two teams though the skill of Rowe and some red headed kid ? Smith for Old Carey nearly gave them the edge. The big difference other than Packer, and maybe Roach, was St Bernard's skill level. Old Carey seemed to have more of the pill but turned it over whilethe Snow Dogs were much more polished. I left just before three quarter time to watch the last at Marcellin, which was an utter waste of time, though no direspect to either side. Marcellin was far too good and the game was over by the time i got there. From what i saw St Bernards are a very quick polished unit while Old Carey shouldnt be relegated and may challenge finals if they get a rattle on soon. Caulfield would need those rumoured recruits soon. The St Bernards crowd seemed fairly tame except for some tosser in a red jacket behind the goals

Yes rufus, the snowdogs are a very skillful, quick running team! And that bloke at full forward, potter, who kicked nine compliments packer well! And a quick note, St.bernards are yet from playing their best footy and still have a number of players to come back in and strengthen that side, none more so than probably one of the best amateur players going around...josh madden! This weekend against OEG will be a good indication, but not the be all and end all of what may eventuate throughout the year!

Yes rufus, the snowdogs are a very skillful, quick running team! And that bloke at full forward, potter, who kicked nine compliments packer well! And a quick note, St.bernards are yet from playing their best footy and still have a number of players to come back in and strengthen that side, none more so than probably one of the best amateur players going around...josh madden! This weekend against OEG will be a good indication, but not the be all and end all of what may eventuate throughout the year!

TMP.
you must be a ST. b boy. or just a ST.B bandwagon.
you said they are yet to play their best footy and have players to come back - this is just a pity excuse to down grade your boys at the hands of OEG. it easy to say injuries and not their best. will you be saying this come the GF between the two teams??

OEG - im sure they could talk and talk about their injuries. if you took the time to actually revise the outs they had against OH you would actually recieve quite a frighten.

Nonetheless, this game my not be the be all and end all. but there is quite a lot at take:

• the cup
  • top spot - being undefeated
  • local bragging rights.
hmmm...

Looking forward to young Sammy coming nback to Oz, SKOB certainly miss his footy abilty, very good young colt.

We are all missing his big head as well. And his hands in the forward 50

By far the best thing about the oeg bernies game is the proximity to the Trans Atlantic Bank (TAB) at Windy Hill,

Hey Tickle. Were you born a knob or have you had to work at it over the years?

I reckon young Jase is spot on TBP. Condos is obviously a star and I'd be more than happy to see the 2 clubs go at it on GF day if SKOB arent good enough. As long as OH arent in the mix I'd even be happy for OMs to go up...umm, no I wouldnt.
Will be interesting to see both of these teams post this match and I wonder if Scatters will give OEGs President Flaherty any time on his St Bernards footy show if/when OEG take the points?
Sorry to pull you up BS, but Sean is no longer the president. Roger Leask, father of club captain Jordan, has taken over at the helm this year.

Looking forward to a tough contest, i'm sure the body will be sore after this one. Closest the two cubs will come to a finals type atmosphere in the home and away season I would imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back