B Section B Section Amateur Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what i have seen:

Voss and Brown have torn it up at OH. Dowd is Skevs best. Evans is Careys best. Cant go past Biggs and Skurrie. Slevison is a find. Beranger is a gun at Wellers.

Wouldnt rate Haynes in top 30
to the other four you can add in no order

Biggs(OE) dont forget there are two good biggs. Bit of a pun i know
Voss (OH)
Clifton(OE)
Bortolotto(Marc)
Tallis (Ocam)
Bayford(Ocam)
Liberatore(StB)
Widjaja(Caul)
Rowe(Ocar)
Kent(Ocar)
Roach(Stb)
Morrison(OM)
Dowd(Stk)
Murphy(StK)
Freemantle(Ocar)
Carlson(Marc)
Baddeley(OE)
Pearson(StB)
OH ruck(cannot remember name)
Evans(Ocar)
Hawkins(OM)
Crapper(Marc)
Condos(OE)
Cardio Carl
Monkeyboy
Brian Speaking
Handles
Over the Hill
TBP

I would take Robert Baddeley with my first pick in the B Section draft, which is a tough one, just love his ruck work, closely followed by Brown, McClaren(over Slevison and Condos) and Widjaja

I am one third of the way saying that terrible word on Big Footy, so---. CC you spoke about OC new structure, can enlighten us to what it is. Is it the new structure that took STBS apart, is it that they are over rated, are the injuries putting them in a position that they cannot compete at the moment, or is it the case STBS are poorly coached seeing they lost a majority of their games last year in the second half of the season and the injury excuse was the same then as it is now

Don't be a Johnny Howard, Handles...it aint hard to say and gives your cred a boost.

OC new structure - nah, if you want to know it get out and look at it - not fair. Just to say watch the wingman.

STBS...their injuries have come at the wrong time but you also need to freshen the 'congregation' up a bit. I will give the analogy (well sort of), at St Joe's, Fr Michael goes on his OS Sojourns and the fill in priests always gives the oldies a bit of a spark, as whilst he delivers the same message as Fr Mick, the different voice, character and passion freshens you up and you seem to listen and act with more intent.

Fr Mick still does a great job, is well respected, experienced (will never sign a transfer form though!) and be there to the death....same as the STBS coach - no problems there lad.

Whilst on the religious grounds, what a week for resurrections - both DC & Rabs make a return to the thead - also me old mate from OH Blooded4Life is back in town - welcome back boy's - all the best DC this week in the 1's.

Don't get too excited Rabs, I said resurrection,
not the return-of-an-erection.

Big fella - can you enlighten us of where you are, any participation in ammos i.e. SMD?

Don't be a Johnny Howard, Handles...it aint hard to say and gives your cred a boost.

OC new structure - nah, if you want to know it get out and look at it - not fair. Just to say watch the wingman.

STBS...their injuries have come at the wrong time but you also need to freshen the 'congregation' up a bit. I will give the analogy (well sort of), at St Joe's, Fr Michael goes on his OS Sojourns and the fill in priests always gives the oldies a bit of a spark, as whilst he delivers the same message as Fr Mick, the different voice, character and passion freshens you up and you seem to listen and act with more intent.

Fr Mick still does a great job, is well respected, experienced (will never sign a transfer form though!) and be there to the death....same as the STBS coach - no problems there lad.
I suppose im a little bit dissapointed in their recent form .Take all of the top six sides ,give them all six injuries each and i can tell you now they would fight alot harder than what the Worm Potters are fighting now.Throw into the equation that their twos are sitting atop of the ladder and have two under 19 sides that have a host of young talent.They should be more competetive but for some reason they have a defetist attitude and are quick to raise the white flag and heap all the blame for their poor form on their unfortunate injuries .Lets not forget this coaching staff took STBS to B section and are now in danger in missing B section finals and if you roll the tape from the coach on why they were relegated , oh yes injuries . Simon and Gary have appointed two assisstants in Shane and Rocky are they utilizing their knowledge , i dont think so .Freddy minses about on this thread when confronted with the problems at the club but ask him to give an honest answer whether there are certain sections of the club and a majority of the playing list that want a change at the top , and the answer is yes.At the moment the players are doing what i do when my missus speaks to me , lalalalalalala.

Also very keen on

Mirilklis OC
Brewer OH

Difficult to judge given most of us only see opposition players twice at best for the season so I can only go on performances seen.

Dowd was fantastic in the win over OH. Mahoneys last quarter against OH was amazing.

The Biggs who wears the short socks (number 1 I think) was superb in both games against OH.

McLaren was outstanding for Marcellin.

Whilst Brown and Brewer have been OH's best thus far with Voss just starting to warm up, Mohammad has been in unbelievable form. He gets 30+ each week and would be the leading tackler in the comp. Great player for someone who is only 20!!

Whilst we all love our own teams, I enjoy watching quality players from other clubs so I am looking forward to the rest of the seaon.

I'll have a stab in positions - doesn't include blokes who come & go from the VFL.

B Mirlikis Jarred Bishop
HB J.Bortolotto Roach Turner
C Voss D.Biggs Rowe
HF M.Bortolotto Cooper Pearson
F McLaren Slevison Bayford

R Baddeley T.Biggs T.Brown

I/c Dowd Carlson Garvey Clifton

Apologies - Kent Liberatore Tallis Brewer A.Lynch

I'll have a stab in positions - doesn't include blokes who come & go from the VFL.

B Mirlikis Jarred Bishop
C Voss D.Biggs Rowe

Take out Mirikilis, Cooper, Garvey add in Morrison, Freemantle, Widjaja and i'll take it

wow! u go off for a few days and look what opens up
i know every club has injuries and u play with what u have on the park when its 16 on the park, that hurts.oc jumped the pitters and got 6 goals in front, just outplayed early. bernards still in it down 28 points early in the fourth wiith a few goal breeze when a few quick injuries forced a guy with broken ribs back on to stand in the square just to make up the numbers. can't win with that

week before were just outplayed by a fired up carey side. dissapointing across the board that day. if u wanna think they are finished or will struggle to make the 4, good. don't think the boys are too worried what u have to say.

as for handles who tihinks the club is split. u idiot. the club was flying a few weeks ago and will be again. worry about ur own club and ur off field issues.....

I suppose im a little bit dissapointed in their recent form .Take all of the top six sides ,give them all six injuries each and i can tell you now they would fight alot harder than what the Worm Potters are fighting now.Throw into the equation that their twos are sitting atop of the ladder and have two under 19 sides that have a host of young talent.They should be more competetive but for some reason they have a defetist attitude and are quick to raise the white flag and heap all the blame for their poor form on their unfortunate injuries .Lets not forget this coaching staff took STBS to B section and are now in danger in missing B section finals and if you roll the tape from the coach on why they were relegated , oh yes injuries . Simon and Gary have appointed two assisstants in Shane and Rocky are they utilizing their knowledge , i dont think so .Freddy minses about on this thread when confronted with the problems at the club but ask him to give an honest answer whether there are certain sections of the club and a majority of the playing list that want a change at the top , and the answer is yes.At the moment the players are doing what i do when my missus speaks to me , lalalalalalala.

OUCH!

..and the kid went, BANG!.

doubt if they are not listening to Shano - well respected and much needed at that end of the club.

Wouldnt rate Haynes in top 30
to the other four you can add in no order

Biggs(OE) dont forget there are two good biggs. Bit of a pun i know
Voss (OH)
Clifton(OE)
Bortolotto(Marc)
Tallis (Ocam)
Bayford(Ocam)
Liberatore(StB)
Widjaja(Caul)
Rowe(Ocar)
Kent(Ocar)
Roach(Stb)
Morrison(OM)
Dowd(Stk)
Murphy(StK)
Freemantle(Ocar)
Carlson(Marc)
Baddeley(OE)
Pearson(StB)
OH ruck(cannot remember name)
Evans(Ocar)
Hawkins(OM)
Crapper(Marc)
Condos(OE)
Cardio Carl
Monkeyboy
Brian Speaking
Handles
Over the Hill
TBP

I would take Robert Baddeley with my first pick in the B Section draft, which is a tough one, just love his ruck work, closely followed by Brown, McClaren(over Slevison and Condos) and Widjaja

Bit of home team bias here but reckon Forest, Day and Goulette wouldn't be far off that list either. But a nice list nonetheless. And very nice work by the merc putting them into positions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit of home team bias here but reckon Forest, Day and Goulette wouldn't be far off that list either. But a nice list nonetheless. And very nice work by the merc putting them into positions.

Would agree with Goullett... not sure about forest (only seen him play once)
Definately wouldnt have Day in the side, looks great in a side that wins by 10 goals everyweek(like he is in at present) playing on the ?wing ... but not in that class.

Rowe from OC would have to be up there... and you could probably inlcude BOTH biggs brothers quite easily

thoughts?

Definately wouldnt have Day in the side, looks great in a side that wins by 10 goals everyweek(like he is in at present) playing on the ?wing ... but not in that class.

Rowe from OC would have to be up there... and you could probably inlcude BOTH biggs brothers quite easily

thoughts?

Slay Master G

Would slay them off the field and very handy at Flash Friday's during the off-season

thoughts?

Forest has the most potential out of anyone at OEG... it's his application that needs work. Maybe I've over sold Day but still having a very good year.

Rowe is scared to play in the midfield. Should be much better at this level.

B Mirlikis Jarred Bishop
C Voss D.Biggs Rowe

Merc 27,

That team looks pretty handy.

Both Biggs boys are class acts.

Mate the only editing I would do is the two Bortolotto boys to be switched. It's J. Borts that plays on the forward line and Matt down back.

I know this may seem biast but I believe Jarrod Carlson is up their with the Bigg boys as one of the preimer on ballers in the comp.
He is by far the most skillfull on baller at Marcellin.

Take out Mirikilis, Cooper, Garvey add in Morrison, Freemantle, Widjaja and i'll take it

cooper??

Freebaser if anything cooper has been one of the best for OEG.

Here are my tips for this week:

Old camberwell v. Old carey - match of the round. OC to win. old camberwell that is - only because of home ground. 22.

Marcellin v. Bernards - if anyteam is going to drop out of the four and make way for the 2 OC teams. it will be Bernards. 3 straight loses after this week. 55.

OH v. Old Melburnians - they will be buzzing after beating OEG at home. 111.

St Kevs v. Old Caulfield - St kevs. they need this win to challenge for top four. 33.

Beumaris v. Old Ess - OEG. after last weeks inaccurate kicking they will want to make amends. 88.

Done DC - that is probably why they always slip under our guard. As for Carlson, yes main reason they are firing this season but couldnt get on-ball ahead of Biggs x 2 and T.Brown who has the medal already.
Goulett on talent yes but this team is on current form and not talent. He always seems to be out injured to me. Widj and Morrison have been added to the apologies.
Cooper stays as he is the current best CHF in the comp - unless i am missing someone?
Garvey has been a rock this year at CHB for SKOB - if only we had 2 of him.

B Mirlikis Jarred Bishop
HB M.Bortolotto Roach Turner
C Voss D.Biggs Rowe
HF J.Bortolotto Cooper Pearson

Apologies - Kent Liberatore Tallis Brewer A.Lynch Morrison Widj

Best of luck to Mark "disco" Seccull in his 250th this week.
Has played in USA, captained the big V, played in EJ Whitten Legends Matches and only 2 years ago at the ripe young age of 52 kicked 4 in a qtr to turn an A grade Grand final the Bloods way. (ask him about the one off the ground :thumbsu:)
Legend and ornament to the game.
May the bloods smash the hohums to make it a memorable one :cool:

Old camberwell v. Old Carey - Match of the round. OC to win. old Camberwell that is - only because of home ground. 5 points in a thriller

Marcellin v. Bernards - if anyteam is going to drop out of the four and make way for the 2 OC teams. it will be Bernards. 3 straight loses after this week. 70 points. (Still waiting for Frederiks apology after his negative post re my Camberwell monty of the week post against ST.B's last week!)

OH v. Old Melburnians - they will be buzzing after beating OEG at home. 125.

St Kevsv. Old Caulfield - Caulfield. Skevs are a disappointing club.

Beumaris v. Old Ess - OEG. after last weeks inaccurate kicking they will want to make amends. 80.

Monkey, SKOB are not a dissapointing club, they are a young list in a stronger B this year with a hell of a lot of injuries. Last weeks side was very very young and OC were awesome.
As far as team of the year goes, Miriklis cannot play(and I know Old Camberwell), he is the Coaches love child, and two glaring omissions are the comps dominant big men, Anthony Plugga Lynch of SKOB, who was in SKOBs best 3 every match up until round 9, and Andrew Durling from Old Camberwell, the closest thing I have seen to Marcus Olive. Plugga in particular has been a huge injury loss for SKOB, very strong and skillful big unit, built like his ex SKOB training partner Jarrod Malloy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back