B Section B Section Amateur Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look its been a slow day in the chamber and the boys have gone to Barwon Heads for golf so a very quiet lunch today...had to shout the PA a sandwich and a bloody 'sparkling' bottle of water...what the..!

So in this sobering state and in an attempt to get the Uni boys over the line I have penned the following verses along the tunes of the great man Elvis "Moody Blues" (yeah yeah, I know this is the Uni Black B thread - just trying to spreading a smile on ya dial - I'll post it upstairs and see if any response)

Oh, Uni Blues,
Tell me will you get through,
We keep hangin on,
Trying to sing our song
But we never do,

Oh, Uni Blues,
we need both the 1's & the 2's
but were like night and day
I gotta say,
it will be hard to do,

Oh, Uni Blues,
Tell me am I getting through,
as its hard to say,
if you will win or lose,

Well when Monday comes we're drinking,
when Tuesday comes we're drinking,
into another day again,
our personalities unwind,
as we blame the other swine,
from a spew that never ends,

Just when I think I'm unwell,
my emotions swell,
I'm not the student I use to be,
I'm a complicated baby
so take me home lady,
Oh, Uni Blues

Classic Carl.

Herald Sun should pick it up and put it on the Pulse Page,they do everything else.

Surly23 you are getting Surly in your old age, loosen up son!

agree with the rest re. team of the year, a strong squad, and good to see McIntyre not forgotten just because he played in an average side. OEG should do it on their ear tomorrow, but that word SHOULD is the problem. History has a knack of repeating itself... Blacks have a lot of class, but despite a strong twos side, their bottom 5-7 players runs pretty thin. OEG's depth should see them home

Good point. McIntyre was a very good player all year, but lacked the midfield support he deserves. Luke McNicholas, who in my opinion is the best in B grade, even admitted he was happy that the only ruckmen who could beat him was plying his trade in Crunch grade next season. Levels; check your levels.

Text message received from The Big Pineapple:

"OEG were 7 goals up, now 6 goals down. Biggest bunch of chokers I have ever seen. Disgraceful. C Grade 2009, here we come."

Unbelievable.

News just in, the infamous Boston Strangler has struck. It is alleged that 22 victims were choked to death in Elsternwick this afternoon. He was last seen heading to A grade and is now believed to be making his way to c grade, anyone with information please contact Inspector B Pineapple straight away

News has it that St Bedes have 3 sides playing in the grand final next week. U/19's at 09:00 , Reserves at 11:30, and Seniors at 2:00 p.m.
Should be a big day . Can they win all 3 ???????????????????????

From ammos website...
Blacks started their resurgence in the third term with six goals to none from Old Essendon who had no run at all.
The Uni boys got themselves in to the lead before the three quarter time siren and placed the doubts firmly in the minds of their opposition who have been regular finals failures....
For Old Essendon the pre-season will be a long one spent contemplating what might have been. After winning 16 of 18 games during the regular season and being a stand-out side they capitulated in two finals to go out in straight sets.

Brilliant piece of journalism!

Other side of the fence for mine - in fact I reckon it will be total UNI affair across the weekend A,B & B Res.

As stated UB HBacks are solid will continue to provide great penetration through the lines which will unsettle OEG mids and provide options through forward corridor.

If they can rotate their pacemen throughout 1st half and are around the mark at halftime this should allow them to consolidate a stronger 2nd half. It will also place pressure on OEG to manufacture something off the magnetic board which is something they have not been accustom too this year.

Forwards need to reward work up field and turn their conversion rate around early to provide scoreboard pressure to half time. If they don't then the 'jury' will easily provide judgement on the players that let them down in this finals series.

UB by 15 points

See ya out there.

All the best boys & girls!

PING!.

Thought they would have been closer at Half time but what the heck.

After that the OEG Magnetic Board in the 2nd half was like straightening the deck chairs on the Titanic!

PING!.

Thought they would have been closer at Half time but what the heck.

After that the OEG Magnetic Board in the 2nd half was like straightening the deck chairs on the Titanic!
OEG led 10 goals to 2 just before half time. Rank coaching by OEG, let M Kempton, Smith and Lacey do as they pleased. A disgraceful 3 q time speech by Handley, talked about choking, berated and abused baddley and some other player, made well and truly sure his lads left the huddle dispirited.
OEG sadly lived up to their reputation and will rue this day in their clubs history. B will be super strong next year.

You won a C grade flag... good luck to you! I'm sure the woodstock cans were flowing that night. The reality is that no one really cares around here!

It's round 1. Can you please save this tripe for September? I'm tipping you boys from St Bogans Mentone will be pretty quiet by then![/quote]

Well TBP the "woodstocks" just may be flowing again next week, its a pity that OEG aren't there so we could have flogged them for a 4th time! Have fun in another year of B grade football

News just in, the infamous Boston Strangler has struck. It is alleged that 22 victims were choked to death in Elsternwick this afternoon. He was last seen heading to A grade and is now believed to be making his way to c grade, anyone with information please contact Inspector B Pineapple straight away
CHOKERS!!!!!!!CHOKERS!!!!!!!!CHOKERS !!!!!!!!!!CHOKERS!!!!!!!!!
Could'nt happen to a better team of cats.....
Looks like i will have to read about you losers all next season in B grade....
All the worst next year.......I'll be back............

OEG you bunch of front runners...

Talking yourselves up all year and for what?????? nothing!!! Hope you drop down to C grade. You blokes had the best team on paper by far and you literally can't work together, you're a disgrace!!! Waste of ability. You need to have a fair dinkum look at eack other...

Geeee i can't wait for next year between Bernards and OEG's...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OEG led 10 goals to 2 just before half time. Rank coaching by OEG, let M Kempton, Smith and Lacey do as they pleased. A disgraceful 3 q time speech by Handley, talked about choking, berated and abused baddley and some other player, made well and truly sure his lads left the huddle dispirited.
OEG sadly lived up to their reputation and will rue this day in their clubs history. B will be super strong next year.

Brian,

nice summary - I actually thought baddely was playing well and then the coach has gone through him! The other one was forrest, who had just come back from injury that he gave a spray to. I think we may see Badds join his brother at Ruppo next year after that.

have you ever seen a club turn on each other like essendon?? Unbeleivable abuse between players and coaches. i could hear it from up on the balcony where I was having a chat to vafa legend bruno conti.

I did see you speaking to parkin after the game brian, was he working behind the scenes to help plot the downfall of the oeg lads??

As I said last week, a B grade club filled with B grade blokes!

vafa guru

With all the hype about OEG losing we should not forget Uni Blacks. Congratulations on A Section and yesterday's game you were brilliant all over the field and bring the promise of a great GF against the Tigers.

Congrats to the blacks, great win. were nearlly gone at quarter time.
Old Essendon are bunch of front running chokers.
I agree with the sh*thouse coaching sentiment aswell, rumour has it the Old Essendon coach was seen in a verbal altercation with a St Bedes player (who was there to watch the 2's) before the game. Amongst other things said were "Your going to get yours next week Kinna!"
Correct me if im wrong, but shouldn't the coach be focusing on the game at hand and not making idle threats to opposition players before the game?
Will need a new coach to instill respect for both teammates and opposition if OEG want to get out of B grade.

Congrats to the blacks, great win. were nearlly gone at quarter time.
Old Essendon are bunch of front running chokers.
I agree with the sh*thouse coaching sentiment aswell, rumour has it the Old Essendon coach was seen in a verbal altercation with a St Bedes player (who was there to watch the 2's) before the game. Amongst other things said were "Your going to get yours next week Kinna!"
Correct me if im wrong, but shouldn't the coach be focusing on the game at hand and not making idle threats to opposition players before the game?
Will need a new coach to instill respect for both teammates and opposition if OEG want to get out of B grade.

the only way OEG will get out of B grade is to drop to C. With the money now flowing in the EDFL these days it will be near on impossible to keep their playing group together. I was told by one of their players earlier in the season that if they didnt get to A grade this year they never will, because of the amount of quality players they would lose. Now its happened, the better players will be seen playing for the likes of Greenvale, Strathmore etc, OEG will crumble and we will all watch it happen and enjoy it immensely

B will be enormous next year. OEG need to sack their spud coach and move on. Skurrie was great this finals series, kicked 12 goals in two losses. They need a massive clean out and need to start again. I dont care how good the Biggs boys are, they were a disgrace yesterday the way they treated their fellow players. Put them on the money train out to an EDFL club, along with half a dozen other blokes. I really felt sorry for those other guys who busted their asses and had to put up with verbal abuse from their own players and coach. Time for some hard decisions at Chokeland.
On the other hand, Blacks were great, considering they were flogged by the other 3 top 4 teams a month out from the finals. Great coaching by Rizza and great leadership by Kempo and co. It was a real passionate team effort and even when they were 8 goals down they didnt turn on each other. To Ray, Harry, Parko and co, congrats on a terriffic rise through the ranks back to the top echelon. They now offer a real alternative to Blues and have a much more successful history and will be sure to put in the 10 or so players they need to make the transition from B to A.

CHOKERS!!!!!!!CHOKERS!!!!!!!!CHOKERS !!!!!!!!!!CHOKERS!!!!!!!!!
Could'nt happen to a better team of cats.....
Looks like i will have to read about you losers all next season in B grade....
All the worst next year.......I'll be back............
''
No reply from,ralph wiggam,mark zannotti and frank slade.
Maybe you have CHOKED just like your unbeatable team!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You 'll be back in B grade to choke again!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back