B Section B Section Amateur Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question:
both Carey and Camberwell come up a divsion but one is flying the other not.

Why carey recruited well - camberwell lost players.
new coaching staff

Any insight would be apprecaited..
cheers.

which one is flying??? neither are in the top 5. oh, carey with their 4 and 6 record. i get it.

i was wrong about potter. i'll cop that. close. next week. couple of handy players back and do yourselves a favour and get down to camberwell this week to see one of the gratest senior debuts this side of c.judd

oh and merton, slow dogs...brilliant. love it. u been cooking that one for 10 weeks??

Question:
both Carey and Camberwell come up a divsion but one is flying the other not.

Why carey recruited well - camberwell lost players.
new coaching staff

Any insight would be apprecaited..
cheers.
Weird statement. Sounds like a sore Old Camberwell supporter trying to fire the boys up. 4 6 v 3 7 both sides without more than half of last year's grand final sides. Old Camberwell recruited experience and size, Carey recruited youth and pace. We will have to wait and see which lasts the year. I think both will survive, but who knows. In the short term i think Old Camberwell will have the better result from their recruiting, but in coming years if Old Carey hold onto their young guns , who knows?

OLD CAREY 20.14-134
def.

ST KEVINS 8.11-59
------

OLD ESSENDON 11.14-80

def. by

OLD HAILEYBURY 12.9-81
-------

CAULFIELD GRAM. 9.13-67
def. by

MARCELLIN 14.17-101
--------

OLD CAMBERWELL 17.10-112
def.

ST BERNARDS 11.8-74
---------

OLD MELBURNIANS 11.15-81
def. by

BEAUMARIS 14.8-92

I'm sort of new here but after these results it occurs to me that one or two sides might be underrated by some.

GallopingGasometer - welcome!. Sorry to hear of your unfortunate demise, however from one pseudonym, or ghost, to another I will try and answer your enquiry.

Old Carey are definetly underrated by some "Newbie" posters that speak sh*t. Carey are on fire and a bad start to the year may halt them reaching the top 4, especially after OH's well deserved win today. Freemantle & the Nude Beach from Carey are showing the way.

SKOB are gone and will just play the season out now, althought good to see Dowd pick up his side of the bargain

OEG & St Bernards and getting the 'wobbles' - yes, at the half way mark of the season. The later, whilst having 4 key outs have exposed their poor depth and poor game discipline over recent weeks.

OH - I put the acid on them a couple of weeks ago with their poor use of some very good guys who were performing in the magoos - old Bloodforlife was very critical of me, however it hit the right cord and the boys are now back and running with big Jimmy selecting on performance.

OM were travelling out of relegation and the Lovechild was getting the signature ready for 2009 - however BANG! - today a kid that will be drafted next year went under his radar kicking 5 and kicking Mick up the arse.

In summary - the top 4 will be hard to topple now - however Carey has the chance to knock Marc & OH off over the next couple of weeks.

I really think the form team for back half of season and finals will come from teams 3-4-5 on current ladder.

The rest a just making up the numbers.

Relegation? - lets 'mediate' in 2 weeks

All the best - Say hello to the big fella up there.

Cardio

PS - sorry to the posters that I PM'd about the horse today - was a monty, however when you have a female on board sometimes 'EVERTHING' has to be MENTALLY' right on the day (or night) for them to f*cken perform.

Gaaaah! Significant money going astray at the B Section tote this weekend. Need a match report from Essendon - anyone there?

Excellent game despite tricky conditions - steady breeze favouring the tennis court end. Very skilful, spirited contest with goals hard earned. OE with the wind in the last qtr looked likely to run over OH but failed to convert opportunities (5 straight behinds at one stage I think) while the Bloods made the most of limited chances in their front half.

Umpiring was not the best with OH probably getting the better of it.

Bloods looked as good as they have all year and would take nothing away from a gallant OE. Great game.

Very disappointing crowd given top 4 clash and OE trying to remain undefeated. Line ball but the OH supporters might have even had the numbers.

By the way, the guy with the cyclone fencing contract at PEGS must be a very wealthy man. Are they holding Carl Williams there or something?

Excellent game despite tricky conditions - steady breeze favouring the tennis court end. Very skilful, spirited contest with goals hard earned. OE with the wind in the last qtr looked likely to run over OH but failed to convert opportunities (5 straight behinds at one stage I think) while the Bloods made the most of limited chances in their front half.

Umpiring was not the best with OH probably getting the better of it.

Bloods looked as good as they have all year and would take nothing away from a gallant OE. Great game.

Very disappointing crowd given top 4 clash and OE trying to remain undefeated. Line ball but the OH supporters might have even had the numbers.

By the way, the guy with the cyclone fencing contract at PEGS must be a very wealthy man. Are they holding Carl Williams there or something?

I think thats a pretty fair summary of the game, Check Juan.
We had our chances in the last, and really should have won by three goals, however poor kicking is poor football and that was that.

A few scuffles throughout the day after a hard tag was placed on Brown but he showed his worth by kicking the winning goal for OH.

I'm not one to normally complain about umpires but what i saw yesterday was one of the worst displays i've ever witnessed! There was Luke Holmes from the VAFA and another bloke from the RDFL (according to vafa website) who were terrible, especially the little bloke. Add to that a goal that cleared the players in the OEG goal square by about a foot being called touched it was not a good day for the men in white. I saw the OEG coach give them a spray at half time and I just hope that they didn't hold this against them in the second half as some of the decision were just embarrassing!

I'm not trying to take anything away from OH however, good side and good win.

I think thats a pretty fair summary of the game, Check Juan.
We had our chances in the last, and really should have won by three goals, however poor kicking is poor football and that was that.

A few scuffles throughout the day after a hard tag was placed on Brown but he showed his worth by kicking the winning goal for OH.

I'm not one to normally complain about umpires but what i saw yesterday was one of the worst displays i've ever witnessed! There was Luke Holmes from the VAFA and another bloke from the RDFL (according to vafa website) who were terrible, especially the little bloke. Add to that a goal that cleared the players in the OEG goal square by about a foot being called touched it was not a good day for the men in white. I saw the OEG coach give them a spray at half time and I just hope that they didn't hold this against them in the second half as some of the decision were just embarrassing!

I'm not trying to take anything away from OH however, good side and good win.

TG,

Umpiring was poor but on the flip side, OH copped a poor goal umpiring decision in the 3rd term where the goal umpire called it out of bounds but the field umpire did not notice. Given the goalie looked like he had eaten the padding at half time he couldnt be bothered charging down the ground to inform the umpire. Ball goes immediately up the the other end with OE scoring a point and then getting a dodgy free for 2 players wrestling and a resulting goal.

Condos looked threatening but great effort by a young OH full back to keep him to one.

I think some of the OE supporters need a mirror. The abuse by one particular individual who approached the umpires at th end of the game and strongly suggested that they were not welcome in the rooms after the game was very poor. NO matter what you feel about the umpiring, supporters should not approach umpires at any stage let alone abuse them. Pull your head in pal!

Brian - I think the weak feral chokers comment can just about be quashed now!

TG,

I think some of the OE supporters need a mirror. The abuse by one particular individual who approached the umpires at th end of the game and strongly suggested that they were not welcome in the rooms after the game was very poor. NO matter what you feel about the umpiring, supporters should not approach umpires at any stage let alone abuse them. Pull your head in pal!

Your right BNN, this guy has record and is a disgrace to the club. The club needs to NAME & SHAME him and put him on notice this type of crap is a selfish act by an individual that wrecks the club and its relationship with the VAFA community and umpires - what, he reckons the club is the only one that has every received some bad decisions in the history of the game?.

Again, a disgrace to this proud club and the indivdual should be banished.

Old Carey were impressive and would think they were full strength yesterday especially with the Box Hill players. Rowe while is a massive sheepdog does that job pretty well and had his own footy for the day.

Upsets will occur left right and centre now with the 4 set and 5 sides in the relegation battle.
Good to see a couple of unders kids play well for SKOB yesterday (McArdle & McDermott), both will be very good players for the club in the future.

TG,

Your right BNN, this guy has record and is a disgrace to the club. The club needs to NAME & SHAME him and put him on notice this type of crap is a selfish act by an individual that wrecks the club and its relationship with the VAFA community and umpires - what, he reckons the club is the only one that has every received some bad decisions in the history of the game?.

Again, a disgrace to this proud club and the indivdual should be banished.

North - Good to hear you agree. Most of OE were supurb hosts yday.
BTW - Resos coach needs to pull his head in. He gives AFL standard spray's to his players. Needs to realise his blokes are having a go but arent AFL footballers...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TG,

Umpiring was poor but on the flip side, OH copped a poor goal umpiring decision in the 3rd term where the goal umpire called it out of bounds but the field umpire did not notice. Given the goalie looked like he had eaten the padding at half time he couldnt be bothered charging down the ground to inform the umpire. Ball goes immediately up the the other end with OE scoring a point and then getting a dodgy free for 2 players wrestling and a resulting goal.

Condos looked threatening but great effort by a young OH full back to keep him to one.

Brian - I think the weak feral chokers comment can just about be quashed now!
I didn't actually see it myself, but if that happened, it is certainly not condoned down at bomberland.

Cardio, a little premature to say that OE have the wobbles one would think. One loss by a point??

Credit to OH though, played good hard footy for 4 quarters.

I didn't actually see it myself, but if that happened, it is certainly not condoned down at bomberland.

Cardio, a little premature to say that OE have the wobbles one would think. One loss by a point??

Credit to OH though, played good hard footy for 4 quarters.

Yeah, fair point Ralph - my thoughts along the lines that they had a good side in, at Home to the 4th placed side. If they are to eradicate their hoodoos of the past, these games must be won to ensure there are no cracks leading up to, and into the finals - if it was an away game against 2nd or 3rd, yeah maybe.

Anyway, lets see how things pan out

Old Carey were impressive and would think they were full strength yesterday especially with the Box Hill players. Rowe while is a massive sheepdog does that job pretty well and had his own footy for the day.

Upsets will occur left right and centre now with the 4 set and 5 sides in the relegation battle.
Good to see a couple of unders kids play well for SKOB yesterday (McArdle & McDermott), both will be very good players for the club in the future.

Does anyone give Carey a chance of reigning in the top 4...to me it would seem unlikely but they were awesome on the weekend. Surely that side has had to have a few ins (I known about the VFL players). Simply refuse to believe that they have now stuck form. Good signs for the boys from Bulleen when you can leave former state reps in the twos...even if they are carrying a little.

Camberwell are the joker in the pack, but the 4 is settled. Baldwin has quit, Loater and Cant kick had a RDO and they still did it easy over a poor St Bernards. I also heard one of the OC guns was running around quilting blokes left, right and centre and the Bernies went to water.

Does anyone give Carey a chance of reigning in the top 4...to me it would seem unlikely but they were awesome on the weekend. Surely that side has had to have a few ins (I known about the VFL players). Simply refuse to believe that they have now stuck form. Good signs for the boys from Bulleen when you can leave former state reps in the twos...even if they are carrying a little.

I would say that would be more related to the players current battle with swallowing his couch than his ability.
OH & Bernies dont want to slip up as the Carey boys are coming!

I would say that would be more related to the players current battle with swallowing his couch than his ability.
OH & Bernies dont want to slip up as the Carey boys are coming!

Careful TP, you will have the great Handles coming on here lambasting you for spruiking Old Carey to make the 4.

He will ask you to retract such a stupid proposition......just tell him to get st&ffed

Hey Monk, is that similar to browneyed? And to think that The Wellers beat the Bernies without Loats and Kingsley. Ominous.

The Camb v Carey clash next week will be a big one Briza. If Carey win i am tipping them to make the 4. Not sure Camberwell will be able to make top 4 even with a win given there 4-7 scoreline. Think you will need 11-7 to play finals and cant see Camberwell going undefeated.
A birdie yells me Carey just thrashed St.Kevs all over the park. He says take out evergreen Garvey and the dashing number 3 and it would have been 20 goals.
Suddenly Skevvies in the mix for C Grade footy in 09?? We will all miss those yellow support tops and Dollman if this happens!

The Camb v Carey clash next week will be a big one Briza. If Carey win i am tipping them to make the 4. Not sure Camberwell will be able to make top 4 even with a win given there 4-7 scoreline. Think you will need 11-7 to play finals and cant see Camberwell going undefeated.
A birdie yells me Carey just thrashed St.Kevs all over the park. He says take out evergreen Garvey and the dashing number 3 and it would have been 20 goals.
Suddenly Skevvies in the mix for C Grade footy in 09?? We will all miss those yellow support tops and Dollman if this happens!
where's dollman going Monkey ????

the yellow tops have had more air play than the pre season singlets just quietly......

Monkey, I can assure all and sundry that Marcus wont be going anywhere in the near future, unlike those DOLLY5 number plates!
As far as those tops go, SKOB made Travisty.

Hi Lads
Long time viewer, first time poster.
Ventured out to Old Essendon last week and my love for ammo footy resurfaced.
the game had it all ;
2 very slick teams going head to head. (Was an A grade standard affair in tough conditions.)
Opposition "spys" being told to leave opposition huddles at 3/4 time
Some good fights during the 3rd Qtr
Goal umpiring controversies
The game being held up due to footballs on roofs and locked tennis courts
Low flying aeroplanes
Umpires losing control
OH kids arguing with OE kids at the after match
and then post nailbiting affair, scones and jam washed down by cold green cans. !!

Long live the ammos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back