Trade Requested Bailey Smith [reportedly headed to Geelong]

Remove this Banner Ad

Bailey Smith for Geelongs 1st rounder.

The end

Easiest deal in recent history

I can’t see Geelong tbh

Seems more a vic metro lad

He loves fishing and surfing.

Geelong have a big advantage over the the Melbourne based clubs, plus they have the Cotton On sponsorship card up their sleeve.

The Cats are in the box seat if he leaves The Dogs, all things being equal.

Surely hawks won't look at this, they butchered their list bringing in players like this.
Mitchell's new direction is paying off
I don't think he's a bad option to bring in a mid, I just think they need to work on the bookends because their midfield is already pretty good.

They'd be in danger of falling into the trap of having an elite midfield that wins you enough games to keep you out of the top picks while having their forwards and defenders fail them come finals.

But at least it would be a defined strategy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He loves fishing and surfing.

Geelong have a big advantage over the the Melbourne based clubs, plus they have the Cotton On sponsorship card up their sleeve.

The Cats are in the box seat if he leaves The Dogs, all things being equal.

Exactly right, did a speaking event idk how many months ago down the South Coast.
He spoke about how envious he was of the lifestyle of the area and how he relates a lot to surfing/fishing culture.

Seems like a perfect match, i'm wary of giving up more than a 1st though.

Exactly right, did a speaking event idk how many months ago down the South Coast.
He spoke about how envious he was of the lifestyle of the area and how he relates a lot to surfing/fishing culture.

Seems like a perfect match, i'm wary of giving up more than a 1st though.

To be fair he was doing a speaking tour so has to talk nice about the place. The guys at fringe festival in Adelaide always talk about how much they love the place. That doesn't mean it's not true, but also doesn't mean it's true.

Giving up "more than a first" depends on the first.

There are firsts smiles and nods
And firsts frowns shaking head

Yeah the Hawks interest in him kind of puzzled me a bit
Mutual interest as he was a Hawks nuffy as a kid and Mitchell wants to add some x factor to the middle.

Mutual interest as he was a Hawks nuffy as a kid and Mitchell wants to add some x factor to the middle.
Maybe, but that makes even less sense. Sure it's his favourite club as a kid but also, I'm guessing he's going to play on a wing there if he goes. The whole reported rift is because he was playing on a wing.

Maybe, but that makes even less sense. Sure it's his favourite club as a kid but also, I'm guessing he's going to play on a wing there if he goes. The whole reported rift is because he was playing on a wing.
Why does it make even less sense for Mitchell to want to add X factor to our midfield?

Because you don't have a midfield problem
We don’t have a midfield problem that’s true, but why would you not want to add more outside class to it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Bailey Smith [reportedly headed to Geelong]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back