Trade Requested Bailey Smith [reportedly headed to Geelong]

Remove this Banner Ad

If it's not Bulldogs, Geelong & Hawks are the two clubs who would duke it out. Collingwood a distant third.
I'm more confident in retaining Smith than I am English.

I would have thought if they weren’t confident he would have been traded last year.

Some might say Dunkley but I reckon he would have been a Bomber if it wasn't for JUH and Darcy back to back years.

I would have thought if they weren’t confident he would have been traded last year.

Some might say Dunkley but I reckon he would have been a Bomber if it wasn't for JUH and Darcy back to back years.
Maybe, but what was Geelong doing not trading Sav then?

Sav was 100% needed the next year and we didn't lose much at the trade table. I'm the trade period Bailey was healthy and likely to impact next year in a side where the dogs were confident in their list and he was a big part of the confidence.

Without a kings ransom I would also not have traded him.

Thats not explaining the reasoning behind it
Why would I want to go to north... because from my limited time spent in Melbourne I like the suburb. I feel Smith would be valued highly there. Could be a big part of the rebuild. Just don't think Geelong need him necessarily or that he'd be a good fit. We'd find a spot for him of course but I'd prefer he go somewhere else. Hawthorn the facilities aren't great and there's uncertainty around Dingley. If and when they do move...when? nothing geelong v Hawthorn about where I put Hawthorn on the list. But considering the responses from hawks supporters that's not clear.

Why would I want to go to north... because from my limited time spent in Melbourne I like the suburb. I feel Smith would be valued highly there. Could be a big part of the rebuild. Just don't think Geelong need him necessarily or that he'd be a good fit. We'd find a spot for him of course but I'd prefer he go somewhere else. Hawthorn the facilities aren't great and there's uncertainty around Dingley. If and when they do move...when? nothing geelong v Hawthorn about where I put Hawthorn on the list. But considering the responses from hawks supporters that's not clear.
There’s no uncertainty about Dingley.

It’s begun construction already.

I guess you could say your Dingley is a grower not a shower

I'm glad you're proud of it, and if the playing group is happy with it then that's the main thing
Huh?

Its happening.

There’s no uncertainty about Dingley.

It’s begun construction already.

I guess you could say your Dingley is a grower not a shower

I'm glad you're proud of it, and if the playing group is happy with it then that's the main thing
We're all very proud of dingalingley.
Look forward to 2056 when reelected president Jeff Kennett cuts the forskibbon

Went right over my head.
As someone who lives in England and has had to use the grower not a shower line a lot (because of the cold weather!) I got it.
Freaking Out George Costanza GIF

I don't see him getting to Collingwood next year. Despite the fact he has a few good friends at the Pies and he would probably love to train at our facilities and play for a top 4 contender and play in front of the biggest crowds in the league and in the biggest matches and he would probably suit our game style. We don't have the draft capital to get him because we can only offer up a future 1st (pick 18+) unless we trade out a good player. We also may not have the cap (we are still paying some of Grundys and Treloar's wages) and we may not be able to play him in his preferred position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't see him getting to Collingwood next year. Despite the fact he has a few good friends at the Pies and he would probably love to train at our facilities and play for a top 4 contender and play in front of the biggest crowds in the league and in the biggest matches and he would probably suit our game style. We don't have the draft capital to get him because we can only offer up a future 1st (pick 18+) unless we trade out a good player. We also may not have the cap (we are still paying some of Grundys and Treloar's wages) and we may not be able to play him in his preferred position.
I reckon his manager also managing Daicos has a bit to do with the speculation. If he tells Nick to get into Bailey's insta a bit then it generates a bit of tension. Seems like them hanging out together is the whole of the Collingwood connection at this point.

Smith wouldn't be going to play in front of 15K at Marvel off Broadway
Would be going to a big market team (not saying Hawthorn is)
North as a suburb is horrendous and is shocking to get to, especially with all the new infrastructure being built

Money would be Pies or Geelong

Smith has some of the worst foot skills I've ever seen. I still kinda want to keep him though.

As a Dogs fan who gets to watch him on a week to week basis.

Do you think that comes down to skill issue?
Or his role/position in the side?

eg. Playing inside mid where disposals out of contests don't matter that much when you're clearing the ball vs half forward role where hitting up key forwards is super important?

Do you think that would change with a change of role/game plan? Or is he just forever just one of those guys who have poor disposal efficiency?

eg. Playing inside mid where disposals out of contests don't matter that much when you're clearing the ball vs half forward role where hitting up key forwards is super important?

Do you think that would change with a change of role/game plan? Or is he just forever just one of those guys who have poor disposal efficiency?
His major issue with his skills is he doesn't slow down enough to execute the kick properly, He tries to do it at 100% pace and doesn't have the ability to do so hence 9/10 he kicks it over the leading players head

Runs 100 miles an hour. Has mental health issues so probably panics and is in a rut with his kicking (similar to McKay this year)

Smith makes good contact with the ball he just chooses to bomb it long 90% of the time and miscalculates distance on his shorter stuff from what I've seen. No reason he couldn't be a good kick, he just hasn't got any composure atm

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Bailey Smith [reportedly headed to Geelong]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back