Confirmed Bailey Smith: 4-way trade: B. Smith (WB) & pick 45 to Geel / pick 38 to Carl / Macrae (WB) to StK / pick 17 & Kennedy (Carl) to WB

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s not even the whole what I’ve heard sorta thing.

It’s that you talk to people you know who know the know in the afl community. They don’t see Baz wanting to leave the limelight to settle in Geelong. He likes the fashion, the lifestyle in Melbourne etc. Makes no sense would be unlike Baz.

For the sake of his career he should go to Geelong imo. I just know he won’t
Well I guess you were with him overseas and are his new physio so you'd know, right? 😏

Never trust someone telling you done deal and Geelong.

Deledio and Hopper done deals 😘

Still No proof of a property purchase at all. These journos really are rubbish.

But Smith is going to change his lifestyle and upend his life to move to Geelong. You really don’t know Bailey well do you guys. Baz wants the smoke, the smoke and the flames come in Melbourne.

Ginnivan putting the work in behind the scenes as well to make it happen
It's like any agreement. Until the deal is signed its not done. Hopper had a handshake agreement to join Geelong but got a much better offer elsewhere.

Go back even further and look at GAJ - handshake deal to join the Suns, tried to back out and resign with the Cats, relationship with the coach went downhill, signed with the Suns.

These things are complicated

It’s that you talk to people you know who know the know in the afl community. They don’t see Baz wanting to leave the limelight to settle in Geelong. He likes the fashion, the lifestyle in Melbourne etc. Makes no sense would be unlike Baz.

Or, he gets to be a big fish in a small pond. Becomes 'the man' and everyone lavishes him with praise while he walks the streets. Gets handed the keys to the city when we win the next flag

It's like any agreement. Until the deal is signed its not done. Hopper had a handshake agreement to join Geelong but got a much better offer elsewhere.

Go back even further and look at GAJ - handshake deal to join the Suns, tried to back out and resign with the Cats, relationship with the coach went downhill, signed with the Suns.

These things are complicated

Or, he gets to be a big fish in a small pond. Becomes 'the man' and everyone lavishes him with praise while he walks the streets. Gets handed the keys to the city when we win the next flag

Is Geelong even considered "small pond" anymore?

Like comparable to what? It's not Sleepy Hollow anymore
5th most members in the league behind Pies, Blues, Eagles and Tigers (beating out teams like Dons, Hawks and Swans)
Cats play Prime time games regularly, just so happen to be sponsored by the same company that has Bailey as their poster child, he'll have a tonne of post football opportunities like most Cats players, plenty of opportunity to get into real estate investment too.

You told us you "went to school with him" and that you "were in Europe with him" (still waiting on the proof)
Then you were his "physio"

Now you're saying you hear things "from people you know who know him."
Which to me implies you don't know him?

If you were as close to him as you said you were , you wouldn't need to go to other people about him.
You'd go direct to the source.

Are you sure you aren't Scoops cause it fits the profile lol

You told us you "went to school with him" and that you "were in Europe with him" (still waiting on the proof)

If you were as close to him as you said you were , you wouldn't need to go to other people about him.

Scoops also thinks he's a celebrity, and hates Geelong.

It's all coming together.

Now I'm torn between wanting Celebrity 101 to have to back track because Smith has gone to Geelong, and him going somewhere else because of the memes.

Man even now I'm invested in this.

Either way will be hilarious.
Until he signs on the dotted line, he could be anywhere in 2025.

There is NO guarantee!

You’ll just never know who I am. I deal in facts.

Tell you this I’ll even crack open a Dom Perignon and spray it off the penthouse at crown when I’m right. Just for you xx

Are these the same people who told you Viney to North was a done deal, or different ones?

Is Geelong even considered "small pond" anymore?

Like comparable to what? It's not Sleepy Hollow anymore
5th most members in the league behind Pies, Blues, Eagles and Tigers (beating out teams like Dons, Hawks and Swans)
Cats play Prime time games regularly, just so happen to be sponsored by the same company that has Bailey as their poster child, he'll have a tonne of post football opportunities like most Cats players, plenty of opportunity to get into real estate investment too.
I'm talking more about the town itself - walking around like a celebrity. He is the type to soak up that sort of attention

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm tipping there won't be any backtracking. If Smith ends up at Geelong (I am not convinced he will), I don't think we will here from our famous celebrity again*

*until they start up another BigFooty account, that is.
Until next year’s Trade period that’s when we will hear from our famous celebrity again

But Smith is going to change his lifestyle and upend his life to move to Geelong. You really don’t know Bailey well do you guys. Baz wants the smoke, the smoke and the flames come in Melbourne.

I think you'll find Lids wanted to play at Geelong. His brother was playing in Torquay.

Cats backed out when Richmond wanted a first round pick for a broken down 30-year old Deledio. Cats were looking at trading Motlop to Richmond for Deledio - Tigers went cold on Motlop and demanded 1st round compensation.

Deledio played 32-games at GWS. Cats were right to pull out. Thanks goodness we dodged that bullet.

Hopper was locked and loaded and got more money elsewhere - nothing earth shattering there, happens all the time. Good for him and as a result even better for us. Bruhn was going to Hawks and we got him instead.

But don't let facts get in the way of a good story to suit your Geelong hating narrative.

Deledio and Hopper. 2 great results for Geelong

I'm talking more about the town itself - walking around like a celebrity. He is the type to soak up that sort of attention
If Bailey is concerned about fame and being amongst everything then Geelong isn’t suitable. I see it as a win win for Cats either way- if he’s truly focussed on being the best footballer he can be then the right career choice (in my humble opinion) is Geelong. If distractions are front and center of his decision and the celebrity lifestyle then he will go with a Melbourne club or even GC.
Without knowing a thing about the guy- from afar his career has stalled somewhat mixed in with off field behaviour. A move out of the limelight could be a god send for him.

You’ll just never know who I am. I deal in facts.

Tell you this I’ll even crack open a Dom Perignon and spray it off the penthouse at crown when I’m right. Just for you xx

I mean anyone can claim anything, i can say i'm an AFL player manager with zero proof and you just have to believe me because "reasons" right?

If you're correct i'll pour you the damn Dom Perignon.
No one is saying Baz is 100% confirmed, even Cleary said he wasn't 100%, it's risky to make bold claims like that, especially with their reputations at stake.

If it is you Baz, you're a god damn hero for the trolling, especially that Cat photo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Bailey Smith: 4-way trade: B. Smith (WB) & pick 45 to Geel / pick 38 to Carl / Macrae (WB) to StK / pick 17 & Kennedy (Carl) to WB

Remove this Banner Ad

Back