Be Fair

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems to me Hills form has dropped a bit since Suban has been out.

He's still quite a slight young man and a total ball player. Oppo players are always coming up and pushing him around at stoppages, just once I'd like to see one of our players run in and flatten someone doing this.
He made some nice runs yesterday kicked an important set shot and hit the post with a set shot on the run, he, at least seemed to be trying but he seems to have lost some of that 2 way running at the end of games that was so characteristic of his early days.

Thats your silly fault for not buying a membership.:thumbsu:

YEAH!!!! Then I could have paid 300 bucks for the privelidge!!! You beauty !!! GO FREO!!! Take all my money and play like shiiitttt!!!!!!!!

(In fact its funny you mention that because its the exact reason I didnt renew my membership a couple of years back. $$$ is the only leverage supporters have over their club.)

I reckon McPhee is a bit of a key here...at the contest he is one the bigger bodied players capble of blocking and making space for hill....Crowley is more of a lock down tagger and won't create the space.

Reckon de boer was great by the way....hit Joey montagna a few times in some crunching tackles.

I reckon McPhee is a bit of a key here...at the contest he is one the bigger bodied players capble of blocking and making space for hill....Crowley is more of a lock down tagger and won't create the space.

Reckon de boer was great by the way....hit Joey montagna a few times in some crunching tackles.

yeh I thought he was one of the few taking it to the opposition.

YEAH!!!! Then I could have paid 300 bucks for the privelidge!!! You beauty !!! GO FREO!!! Take all my money and play like shiiitttt!!!!!!!!

(In fact its funny you mention that because its the exact reason I didnt renew my membership a couple of years back. $$$ is the only leverage supporters have over their club.)

So you admit you're a downhill skier, good for you.

Sounds like you are one pufe short of a pew to me. Maybe supporters like you are the reason the club has consistently under performed for so long. You will accept any old shite and call it gold.

Yeah it really helped Fitzroy lift their game when all their supporters stopped paying money and turning up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DeBoer's job today seemed to be trying to poleaxe Montagna (while Montagna was kicking goals and setting up play). Seriously not one player stuck up for Hill today or even tried to block for him.

Dockerland gave Deboar best on ground for the dockers. Did I miss something?

He's still quite a slight young man and a total ball player. Oppo players are always coming up and pushing him around at stoppages, just once I'd like to see one of our players run in and flatten someone doing this.
He made some nice runs yesterday kicked an important set shot and hit the post with a set shot on the run, he, at least seemed to be trying but he seems to have lost some of that 2 way running at the end of games that was so characteristic of his early days.

I guess my point was every time someone got stuck into Hill in the first 2 years, Suban was always the first to come and give some physical help.

Why are you bringing Fitzroy into this. We played shithouse yesterday, dont bring Fitzroy fans into this

Wasn't a crack at Fitzroy fans, just a crack at the logic of people who think they're somehow making a difference and teaching the team a lesson by not renewing their memberships.

It's not like the players keep an eye on membership figures and adjust their preseason training efforts accordingly. All it does is deprive the club of money we need to spend on all that stuff we're whinging about lacking in another thread.

I guess my point was every time someone got stuck into Hill in the first 2 years, Suban was always the first to come and give some physical help.

I agree about Suban. But I think Hill is just finding it hard to break the endless tags. No great revelation but he probably needs to talk to someone (like bell) about how to work through that, of just get a hell of a lot fitter. It harder for taggers now because they can't just keep rotating players off the bench. I know he is young, but he has to get better. I sometimes wonder if fremantle players take their responsibilities to football seriously. The players appear to have done nothing to improve their goal kicking. They can't kick or handball half the time. They miss tackles, don't run as hard as other teams. Players who take their profession seriously and have pride in their performance would probably put in a little extra effort if needed, to work on their weaknesses

I agree about Suban. But I think Hill is just finding it hard to break the endless tags. No great revelation but he probably needs to talk to someone (like bell) about how to work through that, of just get a hell of a lot fitter. It harder for taggers now because they can't just keep rotating players off the bench. I know he is young, but he has to get better. I sometimes wonder if fremantle players take their responsibilities to football seriously. The players appear to have done nothing to improve their goal kicking. They can't kick or handball half the time. They miss tackles, don't run as hard as other teams. Players who take their profession seriously and have pride in their performance would probably put in a little extra effort if needed, to work on their weaknesses
You do realise that Hill missed a lot of the preseason due to shin splints. I think that is effecting him a lot as he does not have the fitness to break tags now.

You do realise that Hill missed a lot of the preseason due to shin splints. I think that is effecting him a lot as he does not have the fitness to break tags now.

Did he have shin splints last year as well? Not being able to break a tag ruined hasleby's AFL career. That and his lack of pace. Hill needs to continue getting an education. Too many players like Medhurst, stopped putting in extra training and working on skills as soon as they get drafted. i hope that doesn't happen to hill. At least Fyfe looks like he has worked on his foot skills.

Wasn't a crack at Fitzroy fans, just a crack at the logic of people who think they're somehow making a difference and teaching the team a lesson by not renewing their memberships.

It's not like the players keep an eye on membership figures and adjust their preseason training efforts accordingly. All it does is deprive the club of money we need to spend on all that stuff we're whinging about lacking in another thread.

No worries Esti

You make a lot of sense for bloke who is 4'3".

It's fans like yourself that are keeping this club down, always accepting mediocrity.

It's shite like this that you accept as gold, IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT !!!

signed, The Rocket Surgeon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Be Fair

Remove this Banner Ad

Back