Ben Reid - I don't care what you say, he's a dud

Remove this Banner Ad

Most of this comes back to my call pre season for either both or at least one of Reid and Nathan Brown to play in the seniors each week.

Most criticized this call, saying it would be at the expense of wins, but do you really believe that if Presti retired after this season either the "current versions" of Nathan Brown or Ben Reid could take over.

Both players need considerably more senior football before any clear decision can be made on whether they are "up to it" or ever will be.

I'm praying Reid doesn't get dropped this week, it would be a massive error, because not only will he have an opponent this week (Pattison, MCevoy or Stanley) to play on, but it will also be one more game under extreme pressure he gets under his belt.

I'm not writing Brown or Reid off yet, in fact I'm a long way off that at the moment, but we need to give them a chance if we are to build a defense "post Presti".

Was far from the worst on the ground. Needs time and hopefully will be a decent player for us. Brown is in the same boat maybe a bit more advance but after injuries has gone backwards. Don't know if this stage that we can have both in our team (barring injuries). They both need time in the system as Presti is gone after this year.

All Reid needs to do at the moment is beat his opponent or draw even.

When he has 25-30 games behind him, then we can expect him to have an influence on the contest.

His game full of good signs.
Bloody oath. Some people have their panties in the biggest imaginable twist right now. You'd think that KP players were meant to dominate in < 10 games just because they were drafted a few years back. Nonsensical.

i think reid will be a great player ,dam hes only young still ,has not played much in the afl needs to be left in all year ,people call him a dud dam i think tooveys the dud would not get a game in any other team ,but malthouse loves the try hards ,kp players take time and time is what malthouse hasnt got ,the sooner he goes the sooner our young players can progress to the next level .reid will be ok mark my words

It really is neck and neck between Dswan and Chazz Michaels for the biggest idiot on this board.
Both of u blokes need to get a clue, get a girlfriend or better yet go support Richmond.
When Reid and Cloke become class players, u guys will be exposed as the muppets you are, but by that stage you'll probably move on to bagging some other up and coming draft pick.

It really is neck and neck between Dswan and Chazz Michaels for the biggest idiot on this board.
Both of u blokes need to get a clue, get a girlfriend or better yet go support Richmond.
When Reid and Cloke become class players, u guys will be exposed as the muppets you are, but by that stage you'll probably move on to bagging some other up and coming draft pick.

Correct indeed... this type will continue to bag their own team players.

Once a bagger always a bagger in my eyes.

MM has been saving Reid up for this game and Big Ben is about to ring his bell in the AFL.In fact the alarm bells wil be ringing in Lyons ears when Big Ben takes his toll on the umpires pet!!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah.......I used to think Reid wouldn't make it and even called him a dud as well. What a dill I am. I'm glad he has made me eat my words and am hoping he just gets better and better next year.

:eek:

Just goes to show you shouldn't write off KPP's too early. Although, this thread was rubbish from the start, he beat his opponent against Melbourne.

Reid was still incredibly inexperienced at the time of this thread. Amazing how quickly he improved during the year. I couldn't see O'Hailpin kicking another bag of 5 on him anymore :p. His biggest flaw was losing his feet quite often, I can't say I noticed anything of the sort in the 2nd half of the season.

What concerns me most is that after the 2006 draft, Hine shot his mouth off by saying we had just recruited a spine for the next 10 years. Well 4 years down the track and Brown, Reid and Dawes, IMO, are all long shots to be good AFL players let alone being the basis for building a side around them as the spine. To me, they all have athletic abilty but lack football ability.

Self pwnage of the highest order. Don't worry about 4 years, they just did it.

In Hine we Trust.

That's why I'll never come out a say a certain player won't make it. I'm merely a novice when looking at a young player and assessing what he might end up being. Many on here are also.

But I must say, I backed Reid all along. My other one has been JMac. Still yet to prove it, but a full pre-season will give him his best chance so far.

Yeah.......I used to think Reid wouldn't make it and even called him a dud as well. What a dill I am. I'm glad he has made me eat my words and am hoping he just gets better and better next year.

Yep, i'll put my hand up too. Time for me to barrack, and let the club do what they do best. Almost embarassing after seeing his work this year.

Yeah quite an average to poor footballer.

Aside from size, I'm not sure what else he has.

Footy brain? nope
Elite skills? nope
Pace? nope
Nice kick? nope
Ability to read the game? nope

So yeah, not sure how he gets a game.
You haven't been recruiting for Richmond over recent years by any chance Chazz??

Wonder if Genc has an alias.
Too his credit, he's posted elsewhere Copes that he got both Ben and Nate incorrect and both will be very good player for collingwood.

I wouldn't be saying that both Brown and Reid are locks for CHB-FB for the next ten years just yet. Im pretty confident they will be, and almost certain about Reid, but Brown was still a huge question mark before GF1. To his credit he helped win us a premiership, something I will never forget. How he comes away from it will be interesting, overconfidence that may stagnate his development? Or self belief that will make him the rock of our backline. I think his speed and agility is improving.

The Ben Reid call was ridiculous, he was drafted at 17 has always shown talent and really only took a handful of back to back games to show what he could be. I'm really hoping these two have big ones in 2011, and most importantly, keep improving.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ben Reid - I don't care what you say, he's a dud

Remove this Banner Ad

Back