Bendigo Bombers vs Box Hill Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was only up their end up for a quarter, it was harmless stuff, tarz, but you could tell that he was noticing it.

Stuff like "where's ya ugly dreads, johns?" "geez you suck johns" "hows it feel to let through a goal you loser"

But they were so same idiots who told the umpires they should jump the fence and get the ball themselves instead of asking the kid who had it for it because they get paid. All that one of them said all day was "keep working hawks." Bloody hell they gave me the sh*ts, glad the guy filming the match on the tower punched the ball and hit one of them.

I was only up their end up for a quarter, it was harmless stuff, tarz, but you could tell that he was noticing it.

Stuff like "where's ya ugly dreads, johns?" "geez you suck johns" "hows it feel to let through a goal you loser"

But they were so same idiots who told the umpires they should jump the fence and get the ball themselves instead of asking the kid who had it for it because they get paid. All that one of them said all day was "keep working hawks." Bloody hell they gave me the sh*ts, glad the guy filming the match on the tower punched the ball and hit one of them.

who is this?

Im really liking the leadership and encouragement shown to the younger guys at the moment. In paticular Rama and Skipworth. There is more of a team feel on the ground compared to early in the season.

Mal was best for me. Dowler struggled to get a touch and Mal's attack on the ball was a big improvement from last game. Made one bad mistake but couldnt fault the rest of his match.

Hooker has played 2 good games now that Ive seen but today was the best. Some of the marks he took were very good but brain fades and stupid turnovers still featured. Kepler MK2

Gumby was sposed to be eased back in but ended up playing close to 4 qtrs. Got winded in a marking contest early. For someone who has missed a lot of footy it was pretty encouraging.

Rama was good, stepped up when it mattered.

Johns played on Digby Morell and kept him pretty quiet. Morell is a good VFL player. Got a lot of work done on his right hamstring every time he came off. At one point he did a one hand pick-up on the boundary and hit up Gumby lace out. One of the few players that consistantly plays well in the VFL.

Pev got plenty of touches and ran hard and wide. Hard to see where he could break into the seniors now with Myers and Lonergan playing on-ball.

Chartres got beaten esily in the hit outs but for a bloke who isnt a ruckman really made a big effort to be competiitve and wasnt disgraced.

Ali Fahour deserves a mention for having the best game he could possibly play. Thought it was a different person, till he kicked the ball.

Negative. Good to see a lot of supporters there today but some hero in the last qtr decided to yell 'Get a kick Pev' after he had just come off for a rest when he had easily been in the better players all match. Next time go stand on the Highway and yell out at cars you clown. Most of the senior players heard it and it was good to see McPhee turned around and gave him a mouthful.

Hooker has played 2 good games now that Ive seen but today was the best. Some of the marks he took were very good but brain fades and stupid turnovers still featured. Kepler MK2

When i saw him in his first hitout in that Intraclub game at Cranbourne 3 things really stood out for me.

1: He is quite similar to kep in the way he moves
2: He knows exactly where to lead on the ground and when to double back.
3: He knows when to lead and when not to.

I haven't seen much of him since but he isn't a dumb footballer at least.

When i saw him in his first hitout in that Intraclub game at Cranbourne 3 things really stood out for me.

1: He is quite similar to kep in the way he moves
2: He knows exactly where to lead on the ground and when to double back.
3: He knows when to lead and when not to.

I haven't seen much of him since but he isn't a dumb footballer at least.

The marks he took today were all clean one-grabbers and a few times people around me confused him for Gumby but there was a couple of times he was up the ground a bit and tried to centre the ball but kicked it staright to the opposition. The bench were really into him to concentrate harder straight after he did it so I think they've recognised the faults but some days he barely touches the ball. There is some good signs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was at the game, really good stuff.
Atkinson I thought showed great glimpses at times.
Hooker played preety consistently throughout all 4 quarters.
Gumby came off alot, but took a nice mark. Looked a bit unfit at times, but that what you would expect from an extremely interupted preseason.
Apart from that, spent most of the time talking to the players.

Gumby went down for a bit in the first quater and I was bloody scared but he ended up fine.

Badly winded. The question is do you bring him in or give him one more run in the ressies ? We have nothing to lose so I`d probably play him although with the game on Friday they`ll probably go the conservative way.
Atkinson is too good for this level , well worth another crack, hopefully he gets a go this Friday. That was like stepping back in time today, good feel to it.

Badly winded. The question is do you bring him in or give him one more run in the ressies ? We have nothing to lose so I`d probably play him although with the game on Friday they`ll probably go the conservative way.
Atkinson is too good for this level , well worth another crack, hopefully he gets a go this Friday. That was like stepping back in time today, good feel to it.

I don't know how you can say we've got nothing to lose.

He could do his hamstring again due to being under-prepared and coming off a 5 day break. We could also lose the match because we are effectively half a man short due to him not being fit.

To my mind, we have everything to lose by playing him so early and nothing to gain.

Gumby has about a 1% chance of playing on Friday. Not only because of his lack of match fitness and injury worries, but because he would only be coming off a four day break. Same goes with all other players who played for Bendigo today. I would've thought that the only players that were a chance to come in this week were the ones coming back from injury (Watson, Neagle, Hislop etc)

I don't know how you can say we've got nothing to lose.

He could do his hamstring again due to being under-prepared and coming off a 5 day break. We could also lose the match because we are effectively half a man short due to him not being fit.

To my mind, we have everything to lose by playing him so early and nothing to gain.

Play for Bendigo, play for Essendon, either way he plays a game next weekend. I think they will be conservative and he`ll play one more at Bendigo. I`d play him v w.coast.

Play for Bendigo, play for Essendon, either way he plays a game next weekend. I think they will be conservative and he`ll play one more at Bendigo. I`d play him v w.coast.

Playing for Bendigo vs playing seniors is completely different.

When you play reserves you get to play a more relaxed game as the intensity and pace isn't the same.

Also winning isn't as important, so your on field time can be managed far better.

When you play seniors, you are playing at full intensity, busting a gut and putting maximum strain on your body.

They are completely different scenarios and as i mentioned in another thread the suggestion of Gumby coming in this week is one of the most ridiculous of recent times, and that's saying something.

And as previously mentioned a 4 day break.

Playing for Bendigo vs playing seniors is completely different.

When you play reserves you get to play a more relaxed game as the intensity and pace isn't the same.

Also winning isn't as important, so your on field time can be managed far better.

When you play seniors, you are playing at full intensity, busting a gut and putting maximum strain on your body.

They are completely different scenarios and as i mentioned in another thread the suggestion of Gumby coming in this week is one of the most ridiculous of recent times, and that's saying something.

And as previously mentioned a 4 day break.

Don`t agree Merv. Have a look at how Davey did his knee and where Gumby did the injury he`s currently coming back from. Training ! And he took two big hits today, I felt the first one, yeah he was badly winded, but for a couple of seconds there !!!!

Don`t agree Merv. Have a look at how Davey did his knee and where Gumby did the injury he`s currently coming back from. Training ! And he took two big hits today, I felt the first one, yeah he was badly winded, but for a couple of seconds there !!!!

It isn't about getting injured it is about coming back from Soft Tissue injuries and especially when the only game you have played all year was round 1 of the NAB Cup.

*Injuries can happen anywhere, especially ligaments etc but you will also find that many many more soft tissue injuries happen in seniors rather than reserves.*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back