Prediction Best 22 for Round 1, 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

He will be lucky to play many games, he will get overtaken very quickly by Hewett & Burgiel.

Far better option on the HFF than Petruccelle.

If you think I am not on the Petruccelle bandwagon, then you would be correct, he just doesn't work hard enough for me and he isn't a two way runner.

Now I wait for Carbine Chaos to dash over the hill to defend his favourite lost cause. ;)
Imagine saying Petch shouldn't play because he isn't a two way runner...then advocating for Sheed.

I know monocles are typically for one eye, but that's just ridiculous.

#standbypetch

Imagine saying Petch shouldn't play because he isn't a two way runner...then advocating for Sheed.

I know monocles are typically for one eye, but that's just ridiculous.

#standbypetch
I forget what it is like post allocation of player sponsors.

OK - let’s get honest about it.

Cripps has had to make up for the lack of 2 way running from Rioli and Petruccelle as half forwards. Part of Petruccelle’s problems arise from not knowing where to position himself at the foot of a contest meaning too often his defender has a head start.

Per the Grand Final sprint, Rotham and Petruccelle should be our race horses. Unfortunately neither can make their natural attribute an asset on game day.

I recall being at Subiaco with a Carlton recruiter in 2017 and he pointed out how quick Petruccelle was. It was true and still is. As is his inability to make it an asset.

I feel for you Thorn. I was Petruccelle’s sponsor 3 seasons ago so my advice is you will get frustrated. It becomes too difficult to remain credible.

He will be lucky to play many games, he will get overtaken very quickly by Hewett & Burgiel.

Far better option on the HFF than Petruccelle.

If you think I am not on the Petruccelle bandwagon, then you would be correct, he just doesn't work hard enough for me and he isn't a two way runner.

Now I wait for Carbine Chaos to dash over the hill to defend his favourite lost cause. ;)

Petro isnt a natural footballer. With his pace he should be running down opposition players regularly but doesnt.

Im hoping he stays injury free and plays well. Has one or two games kicking 4 or 5 and a team trades for him at the end of the year.

Hewett, Burgeil, Dewar and Baker will be snapping at his heels very quickly.

I forget what it is like post allocation of player sponsors.

OK - let’s get honest about it.

Cripps has had to make up for the lack of 2 way running from Rioli and Petruccelle as half forwards. Part of Petruccelle’s problems arise from not knowing where to position himself at the foot of a contest meaning too often his defender has a head start.

Per the Grand Final sprint, Rotham and Petruccelle should be our race horses. Unfortunately neither can make their natural attribute an asset on game day.

I recall being at Subiaco with a Carlton recruiter in 2017 and he pointed out how quick Petruccelle was. It was true and still is. As is his inability to make it an asset.

I feel for you Thorn. I was Petruccelle’s sponsor 3 seasons ago so my advice is you will get frustrated. It becomes too difficult to remain credible.

Whooo. Rioli not a two way runner?

That is rewritting history a tad. Rioli is / was pretty good defensively.

new to this whole sponser thing, but here I go

2023 b22

fb: zane trew zane trew zane trew
hb: zane trew zane trew zane trew
c: zane trew zane trew zane trew
hf: zane trew zane trew zane trew
ff: zane trew zane trew zane trew
fol: zane trew zane trew zane trew
ic: zane trew zane trew zane trew zane trew

thoughts?

FB Yeo Barrass Hurn
HB Duggan McGovern Hunt
C Gaff Culley Chesser
HF Tk Allen Cripps
FF Ryan Darling Jones
R Naitanui Shuey Sheed
I Cole Jamo Petch Hough.
Sub Hewett

Petch's stats are somewhat comparable to Rioli's.

Not sure why he gets such hate, tbh. Shown quite a bit but has been let down by his hammies every time he starts building form. Well worth persisting with.

From my perspective Petch is a finisher. Others cause the turnover via an intercept or hard / loose ball get and Petch gets on the end of those efforts.

He rarely creates a play from his own efforts.

Some of that comes down to his position and role however when we don't have the ball he is pretty much invisible.

Rioli isn't like that. He will create a turnover and open up play with a clever step, bump or handball. He can get the ball off the opposition and bring teammates into the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From my perspective Petch is a finisher. Others cause the turnover via an intercept or hard / loose ball get and Petch gets on the end of those efforts.

He rarely creates a play from his own efforts.

Some of that comes down to his position and role however when we don't have the ball he is pretty much invisible.

Rioli isn't like that. He will create a turnover and open up play with a clever step, bump or handball. He can get the ball off the opposition and bring teammates into the game.

Petch would have thrived on Wooshas 2011/12 game plan of pumping it in long.

He would have played Nicoski's role to perfection and kicked 40+ goals.

Not sure why he gets such hate, tbh. Shown quite a bit but has been let down by his hammies every time he starts building form. Well worth persisting with.

I think it's the fact he can't stay on the park and we've been "persisting with him" for going on 6 seasons now, which is the issue.

He's hardly an automatic starter in this side, so at what point do you ask the question about him making it as an AFL footballer?

OOC at the end of this year, he's at a crossroads.

His positioning is awful and his decision making is questionable. A lot of his goals are joe the goose anyway.

B: Hurn Barrass Duggan

HB: Yeo McGovern Jones

C: Gaff Culley XON

HF: Sheed Allen Hewett

FF: Ryan Darling Cripps

Fol: Naitanui Shuey Kelly

Int: Hunt Cole Jamo Hough

Emg: Waterman

Might have been spoken about already but with the rule changes in regards to the Medi sub turning into just a general sub, do we see any one player well suited to that role?

Tactics come into it I guess when you are guarding against injury but you also got to plan for potentially no injury and how you use the extra then. If you plan for this though then you are effectively identifying two players for this role as they will swap.

Yeo to help maybe prevent injury? Has versatility for multiple lines.

Petrol seems to always do his hammies in the later stages of a game so maybe he would be better suited to burst for a half only?

Ha, dare I say it but maybe Nic Nat, rather than him sit in the bench for 50% of entire game you just use him for a half? Not likely given our back rucks are still finding their feet.

On SM-G988B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Might have been spoken about already but with the rule changes in regards to the Medi sub turning into just a general sub, do we see any one player well suited to that role?

Tactics come into it I guess when you are guarding against injury but you also got to plan for potentially no injury and how you use the extra then. If you plan for this though then you are effectively identifying two players for this role as they will swap.

Petrol seems to always do his hammies in the later stages of a game so maybe he would be better suited to burst for a half only?

Ha, dare I say it but maybe Nic Nat, rather than him sit in the bench for 50% of entire game you just use him for a half? Not likely given our back rucks are still finding their feet.

A flexible impact player with pace and threatens the scoreboard.

Rotham can play on all lines and also a backup ruck.

Burgeil similar just not tall.

Jones can now play forward, back and pinch hit midfield.

Would suit a player coming back from injury who doesn't need a full game.

Petrucelle, Long. Dewar.

Petro isnt a natural footballer. With his pace he should be running down opposition players regularly but doesnt.
Spot on. Don’t doubt he’s an athlete but footy ain’t his sport. He doesn’t have the footy smarts and his body doesn’t seem to like game either. I think 50+ games is a fair sample size.

Love him to succeed but there are now too many guys with <20 games who deserve a chance.

I’d say someone like Hewett might be the go to early on. He’s can play a variety of roles such as HFF/Wing/mid and is one of those explosive type that can do damage with limited amount of touches

His positioning is awful and his decision making is questionable. A lot of his goals are joe the goose anyway.
Not really.

Shown a good ability to crumb off packs and in his standout game vs Saints a couple of years ago showed real dash. Hell, he even took a couple of contested marks and weaved his way through traffic.

Bloke simply needs, dare I say it, continuity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Best 22 for Round 1, 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back