Best and Fairest Awards

Remove this Banner Ad

The Carji was a fantastic night. I finally feel sufficiently recovered to talk about it.

The presentations and speeches were well done, Bomber got a standing ovation and spoke from the heart. He mentioned a myster mentor who he sees 4 or 5 times a year. I had no word from anyone who it was, but am prepared to guess it could be Blighty.

We met a fair few of the players after the formalities were over - Otto was great fun and very open!! Had a few words with Kingy too who was VERY happy to be back in the team. I think he felt vindicated, and why not!

Partridge and I (mostly Partridge) had a long chat with Tom Harley at the nightclub later. He is every bit as open, honest, intelligent and articulate as you would expect from his various media apperances over the season. It was very late in the night, and I can barely remember what the chat was about. Partridge will though, the freak remembers everything!!

We met a fair few of the players after the formalities were over - Otto was great fun and very open!! Had a few words with Kingy too who was VERY happy to be back in the team. I think he felt vindicated, and why not!

Partridge and I (mostly Partridge) had a long chat with Tom Harley at the nightclub later. He is every bit as open, honest, intelligent and articulate as you would expect from his various media apperances over the season. It was very late in the night, and I can barely remember what the chat was about. Partridge will though, the freak remembers everything!!

Well not quite everything. Drinking heavily for 10 hours straight does tend to dull the senses!

Tom Harley is one extremely pleasant person to speak to. We spoke for at least half an hour about the team, supporters, the difference between perception of a club and players, and the reality (we spoke a LOT about this). I must say too that not for one second did we feel that he didn't want to talk to us, or that he needed to be somewhere. He did stress to me that perhaps a little more patience is required from supporters, as so much that goes on at the club we don't see, and perhaps don't appreciate. Probably sound advice!

I also ran out of money at the bar and had to borrow some from Henry Playfair. We paid him back after visiting the ATM! Nice guy.

Had brief chats with Matty Egan and Kane Tenace, who were both quite friendly as well. In general they seemed a pretty good bunch of guys. Just a great atmosphere.

Well not quite everything. Drinking heavily for 10 hours straight does tend to dull the senses!

Tom Harley is one extremely pleasant person to speak to. We spoke for at least half an hour about the team, supporters, the difference between perception of a club and players, and the reality (we spoke a LOT about this). I must say too that not for one second did we feel that he didn't want to talk to us, or that he needed to be somewhere. He did stress to me that perhaps a little more patience is required from supporters, as so much that goes on at the club we don't see, and perhaps don't appreciate. Probably sound advice!

I also ran out of money at the bar and had to borrow some from Henry Playfair. We paid him back after visiting the ATM! Nice guy.

Had brief chats with Matty Egan and Kane Tenace, who were both quite friendly as well. In general they seemed a pretty good bunch of guys. Just a great atmosphere.

Very annoyed I couldn't go, I was interstate again. Sounds like a great night. I've met Tommy before as well, and I agree with your assessment completely. Very down to earth guy, always willing to have a chat. He's a great captain of our club, on and off the field.

Just wondering did Gaz do an acceptance speech for the B and F? What was he like?

Very annoyed I couldn't go, I was interstate again. Sounds like a great night. I've met Tommy before as well, and I agree with your assessment completely. Very down to earth guy, always willing to have a chat. He's a great captain of our club, on and off the field.

Just wondering did Gaz do an acceptance speech for the B and F? What was he like?

He didn't speak long. Very humble and gracious. As are pretty much all of them to be honest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i thought harley was fantastic on the night - he had time to talk to fans and take photos and was so nice when he probably didnt really feel like it!
byrnes was another one i was very impressed with, as well as lonergan.
a lot of them looked totally buggered - fair enough after the week they'd had - and didnt seem in party mode as much as at previous carji's.

overall it was a great night although pretty long!

will post some pics when i get home :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Best and Fairest Awards

Remove this Banner Ad

Back