Remove this Banner Ad

Jimpson

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Geelong
Hi all,

I'm 37 and have terminal cancer. I won't survive to 2025. Hell, I might not even survive to the grand final.

I've tried on 4 seperate occasions to email the club at different email address (I'm not great on the phone, I have a brain tumour) and have been given no response. All i've got is the generic "We need 2 business days to reply". I've even tried Facebook and Twitter but can't seem to find a way to message them.

I'm completely lost on getting a response. My friends bought me a jersey but living in Adelaide it's hard to get signatures. I was hoping for an open training session this week but it seems unlikely. I'd love a photo with my favourite player Tom Hawkins but that seems unlikely too. I'd love to go to the game on Thursday as well but it's too cold and wet and my lungs are 60% cancer so a pre/post match photo is out of the question.

I essentially emailed the club asking if I could post the jersey to them and have the boys sign it for me then send it back. I'm happy to pay for all the postage; I'm not asking for charity. But I just can't get a response from anyone.

Anyone got any tips? At this stage I'll literally die before getting an email back.

Also for those who might recognise my username I uploaded the "Supporters packs" for the 2022 final series which included the replays and the audio streams from the radio. I suggest - if you haven't already - download them before I lose my account. I won't delete them but they might wipe all my stuff once I die.

Take care. Go Cats!

Hug your family too: you never know when your last day will be.

Hi all,

I'm 37 and have terminal cancer. I won't survive to 2025. Hell, I might not even survive to the grand final.

I've tried on 4 seperate occasions to email the club at different email address (I'm not great on the phone, I have a brain tumour) and have been given no response. All i've got is the generic "We need 2 business days to reply". I've even tried Facebook and Twitter but can't seem to find a way to message them.

I'm completely lost on getting a response. My friends bought me a jersey but living in Adelaide it's hard to get signatures. I was hoping for an open training session this week but it seems unlikely. I'd love a photo with my favourite player Tom Hawkins but that seems unlikely too. I'd love to go to the game on Thursday as well but it's too cold and wet and my lungs are 60% cancer so a pre/post match photo is out of the question.

I essentially emailed the club asking if I could post the jersey to them and have the boys sign it for me then send it back. I'm happy to pay for all the postage; I'm not asking for charity. But I just can't get a response from anyone.

Anyone got any tips? At this stage I'll literally die before getting an email back.

Also for those who might recognise my username I uploaded the "Supporters packs" for the 2022 final series which included the replays and the audio streams from the radio. I suggest - if you haven't already - download them before I lose my account. I won't delete them but they might wipe all my stuff once I die.

Take care. Go Cats!

I'm speechless.

I don't know how to help, but please believe me when I say I admire your courage.

My sincerest thoughts are with you.

Someone, please, for the love of God, help!!!

Hi all,

Take care. Go Cats!

I don’t have anything to say about the best way to contact the club, I’m sure someone on here will be able to help

As for everything else I wish I had the words other than I wish the best for yourself and your family as much as it can be helped

Hi all,

Take care. Go Cats!

Take care on your journey and I am so sorry to hear 😢
Can you get someone close to you to call 📞 on your behalf to talk to someone at the club?

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Best way to contact the club?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back