Betting on the Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

I had a nice little earner on Saints v Freo Rd 12. I won $200+ so I went out and bought myself a 750 Gb portable HD (3in) which I am storing a bunch of movies and mp3's on it and sharing with my mates.

I had $60 left and I decided to take the very delicious odds they are offerring on the Saints against Geelong. Its wet, I know, so probably a stupid move.

Anyway here goes:

$30 Win St Kilda @ $3.20 = $96.00 if they win
$30 Either team under 15.5 pts @ $3.25 = $97.50

So if Saints win by > 15 pts I collect $96 (profit = $36)
if Saints win by < 15 pts then I collect $96 + $97.50 = $193.50 (profit = $133.50)
if Geelong win by < 15 pts then I collect $97.50 (profit = $37.50)
if Geelong win by > 15 pts then I lose $60

wish me luck

I had the Saints over 15.5 @ $5.

Got some extra cash for the weekend now.

Our odds should have been much shorter but the money was already on before Chappy was out and it didn't move much.

I'm lovin' it. For once we're underrated with the bookies.

Yea got on the Saints at $3.40 before the game and was loving the $5 odds at half time so chucked some more on them then. Gotta love it. Cant believe the odds they were offering before the match though, just ridiculous but awesome for us Sainters.

was loving the $5 odds at half time so chucked some more on them then.

Was very tempted to slip off and put a tenner on them at this point, even though things looked bleak at the time. To think we got that far out whilst three kicks down is ridiculous.

Sounds like Jack Steven shouted a fair few drinks for savvy punters tonight! :thumbsu:

Was very tempted to slip off and put a tenner on them at this point, even though things looked bleak at the time. To think we got that far out whilst three kicks down is ridiculous.

Sounds like Jack Steven shouted a fair few drinks for savvy punters tonight! :thumbsu:

haha yea was very suprised we were so far out at the half. If I ever manage to run into the young lad ill have to remember to buy him a drink for his 3 goal effort.

Hey geelong suck my enis cause i put 300 @ 3.00 on saints i am student by the way so that means my life savings . do th math = drunk happy also sam newman apparently we where going 2 lose by 5 goals cause geelong are the shit the retitrment village is calling any geelong fans wanna give us shit please do cause engrave our name into the cup CAUSE THAT WAHT IM TALKING ABOUT

Hey geelong suck my enis cause i put 300 @ 3.00 on saints i am student by the way so that means my life savings . do th math = drunk happy also sam newman apparently we where going 2 lose by 5 goals cause geelong are the shit the retitrment village is calling any geelong fans wanna give us shit please do cause engrave our name into the cup CAUSE THAT WAHT IM TALKING ABOUT

Drunkpost of the year, all thanks to Mr. Steven. :thumbsu:

You are the king.

Further quotage for the lolz I just had.

And to finish off with something topical, ah, if only I were a gambling man I also would have put some money on us, I have coins that I've been meaning to "get rid of" so I probably would have put a 5ver over 15, as my guesstimate with my sister (cats supporter) was 19 points.

Oh well though, gambling's still bad yo! :thumbsu: :p

How does Karen feel about you having a light flutter, Captain?

She knows its not sheep stations, and she has benefitted from the winnings over the years.

I had a nice win in 2003 - a match against Adelaide - I think it was Rd 2 and I got humongous odds and then when I went back to the TAB (was at pub) - I saw they had drifted further so I backed them again.

That set us on the right foot with my gambling, because despite that big win, I kept the subsequent bets to a small or at most, a moderate size over the years. I haven't kept a ledger, but I am sure I am well in front over the last ten years, betting about 4 to 6 times a year.

I've got a few mates that I sort of lost track of for almost a decade but now I'm getting reacquainted again through going out to the races three or four times a year together and maybe through a shared bet on a quadrella every now and then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Betting on the Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Back