Mega Thread BH Project 2015 VI - Trade and Free Agency Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would just like to say that I have never in my whole time upon BF relayed any information at all that I have recieved from a AFL footballer or their family and never will should I be fortunate to discuss football with one of them .
I do not believe I have ever claimed upon a thread to have a association with a AFL player .
In real life I am a campaigner , much the same as upon here , but I have a terrific family and friends whom I love dearly .
I only just noticed the sig, flattery will get you every where :p

Not averse to signing either Stevie J or Crowley ... both have finals experience and will add grunt to the side
SJ yes, Crowley no imo

Enlighten us #EAD as to who you would pick up from this tear's FA pool. IMO would only look at Selwood, Suckling and McGinnity.

It will be your 29,000th post!
2 of them would be very handy additions to the club. Interesting that one had a big offer from up North but it went dead while the other hasn't jumped at the chance to go where plenty of others seem to be going. Maybe we finally get him 8 years later.

2 of them would be very handy additions to the club. Interesting that one had a big offer from up North but it went dead while the other hasn't jumped at the chance to go where plenty of others seem to be going. Maybe we finally get him 8 years later.

Selwood would be a good get. Not sure about Suckling

Brisbane need to make a stance and make Aish go into the draft.
They need to stop their kids walking away.
Imagine the tantrums on here if our kids did what theirs have
Imagine if one even thought for a second about leaving. :eek: just look at the Lennon thread :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depends who we're targeting, only safe players are Cotch, Dusty, Jack, Lids and Rance. I reckon Lennon will be traded, Griff will go if necessary. Astbury for sure, Edwards maybe? the list goes on, Just can't see why we wouldn't trade out one of our own to get a hard nosed ball winner like a Kennedy or Parker, like Benny says, you've got to be brutal in business.

Obviously we have a few players that haven't signed that most would consider best 22, Lennon, Grigg etc... Any uncontracted player (and for that matter contracted these days) are possible targets...

Who are the best from each club that hasn't signed a contract that would be considered a required player?? anyone have enough time to do that?

The fact we were talking to Hartlett etc means its probably not relevant in this day and age..

There's not much else to say. Our recruiters were cocky and boasted about landing all these players and every single one of them hasn't worked. Treloar was a 'monty' to join Richmond according to our side, but he picked Collingwood. We failed at signing Hartlett (thank god), Hannebury, Motlop, Bennell, Shiel, all for different reasons.

I don't want to say the 'D' word, but for the club to withdraw interest and accept so many rejections, it's either a/got something up their sleeve or b/are going to fire some people.

I think a reasonable result without being spectacular would be landing Yarran, picking up Johnson and Crowley, small deals too... plus retain Lennon and giving Carlton pick 12 could work okay if we got their pick 21 and possibly another player on the move like Bell? A big bodied midfielder with some upside.
Since when did we be 'cocky or boasted' about getting players over the line? Did we say we were enquiring into them coming across? Yes, but that isn't the same as being cocky or boasting. That language is a crock.

Selwood would be a good get. Not sure about Suckling
I also think Scooter would be a good addition, mainly because we don't have to give up anything on the trade table. Depends what he wants in terms of salary of course. But he was bordering on a-grade a few years ago. No reason why he can't get there.

Love the best case :thumbsu:

RICHMOND

Best case: Pinch Adam Treloar from GWS — gosh the Pies would hate that! Only give Carlton a second-round pick for Chris Yarran. Snare a second-round pick from Brisbane for David Astbury.

Worst case: Have to give up a first-round pick for Yarran, or miss him altogether.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...561798314?sv=1253b190620bf1f9fe3c3980c5e62ec2
Don't know why Treloar and Richmond are even being used in the same sentence anymore, I thought we gave up on him because he was Collingwood bound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back