Mega Thread BH Project 2015 VI - Trade and Free Agency Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see stevie j come onboard: his history and experience would be invaluable for our younger guys to learn from

We're certainly not hawthorn of 2015,, but we are about the same as hawthorn of 2007, when they finished 5th after the home and away season, recruited mature age former premiership player Stuart Dew and then won the 2008 flag.

I reckon we could desperately use someone like stevey J who has been there done that on the biggest stage, has a hard edge and definite X factor. Stevey J playing forward gets the respect of any defence we come up against. Would be cheap as chips too so no real loss if he doesn't fire

I'd have Stevie J rather than crowley 100%. Good point about Hawthorn and Stuart Dew. I guess I'd rather recruit a gun in, or coming close to their prime. Stevie J provides much needed x factor, but I think pace is a bigger deficiency for us, which isn't something he's known for. But, if we get him cheap, I guess it wouldn't be the end of the world if he is proven to be passed his best, like you said.

I'm waiting for the left field "Jack Trengove" scenario. Hopefully this years will be a little more successful. Scott selwood would be a get I think, would complement our midfield nicely. Between him and Conca we should get a whole season out of a hardnosed, tackling inside mid with injuries taken into account.

and another one bites the dust...Aish requests trade to da Filth...wtf...have they got endless reserves?
What's so good about the filth? Treloar, Aish...who's next?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-...de-to-collingwood/6838660?WT.ac=statenews_vic

1307243420747.jpg

The thing about pinching (sorry) a gun tagger like Crowley for a year or two is

1. We have a really good tagger
2. He would be invaluable in teaching Cotch, Lids etc have to shake a tag
3. Just as valuable to the rest of the mid group teaching them how to break a tag, blocking etc

Not against it....
And also, his GF gave me a few coins when I was busking on swanston st last year. So there's that too.

Doubt it's the coach. He is actually loved by the majority the playing group. That popularity is well known around the league.

That's not the point. What I'm saying (and I think Tigerturbulance is saying as well) is that with Hardwick under pressure for results in the final year of his contract, his position might be seen by some of these guys we are going after (and their respective managers) as being a bit tenuous.

He may very well be popular with the players but if a potential recruit isn't sure of the coach's longer term future, then it can sometimes be a turn off in their assessment of whether to jump or not. Most big time recruits want to have a bit of confidence around the coaching position, particularly as to your point, if the coach does in fact strike up a good relationship with the recruit during negotiations.

That's not the point. What I'm saying (and I think Tigerturbulance is saying as well) is that with Hardwick under pressure for results in the final year of his contract, his position might be seen by some of these guys we are going after (and their respective managers) as being a bit tenuous.

He may very well be popular with the players but if a potential recruit isn't sure of the coach's longer term future, then it can sometimes be a turn off in their assessment of whether to jump or not. Most big time recruits want to have a bit of confidence around the coaching position, particularly as to your point, if the coach does in fact strike up a good relationship with the recruit during negotiations.
Mate. Just about every coach is under the pump and inline for a sacking. Probably only Clarko, Simmo and Bevo are not under threat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm waiting for the left field "Jack Trengove" scenario. Hopefully this years will be a little more successful. Scott selwood would be a get I think, would complement our midfield nicely. Between him and Conca we should get a whole season out of a hardnosed, tackling inside mid with injuries taken into account.

Wishful thinking about Conca; has not played a full season as yet iirc

I've got mutual friends with that James Brown campaigner and he has a few photos of him at Richmond functions so I private messaged him asking who the player is that he's talking about. I'll let everyone know when he writes back saying he's not going to tell me.
stalker

FIGJAM has to be under greater pressure than Dimma is. Dimma ans Benny G took a team with little talent, poor culture and crap facilities and turned the club upside down inside 6 years.

FIGJAM took a premiership / GF team and turned it into a sack of spuds. Who would you think is under greater pressure? I am sure I know the answer!

FIGJAM has to be under greater pressure than Dimma is. Dimma ans Benny G took a team with little talent, poor culture and crap facilities and turned the club upside down inside 6 years.

FIGJAM took a premiership / GF team and turned it into a sack of spuds. Who would you think is under greater pressure? I am sure I know the answer!
dont tell eddie that, or he'll buy Lids and Jack just to keep FIGJAM is a job

Mate. Just about every coach is under the pump and inline for a sacking. Probably only Clarko, Simmo and Bevo are not under threat.

So you reckon Richo, Scott and Scott (contract extension), Goodwin, Hinkley, new coach at the Crows (whoever that might be), Worsfold, Bolton, Lyon, Cameron are under the pump, inline for sacking, and under threat in 2016 ?

Fair enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back