Media BI Productions Presents: S37 List Assessment & Posting Stats + S34-36 catch-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Season 37 - Gumbies FFC
big icky productions logo small.png
1717072131722.png

The Gumbies were the second quietest team in the league this season, narrowly trailing the Furies, and it was only those two clubs' match thread where the Gumbies claimed a 'win' in terms of posting volume. Falconista (36.3ppw) led a very established pack of four posters who were the main components of the side this season, the others being GWS Goose (28.7), cats_09 (26.5) and beez (25.7), with Barrybran coming in at fifth with 9.4 posts per week. In total they had eight posters hit the 'active' benchmark of averaging 5 posts a week or more.

1717072667349.png

The Gumbies had a quiet off-season bringing in just the rookie DinoSoar and the rest of their movements came within the season. At the last second they brought back Brick Loosener who averaged nearly 6 posts a week and also picked up the returning Supercheapgiants who started strong before fading away late in the season. They had two unforced delistings mid-season in the well, with nobbyiscool's account terminated and miggs sadly passing away.

gum.png

The Gumbies top four posters made up a massive chunk (69.2% to be exact) of their total volume, with 7.3% coming from outside the top 10. This disparity between the top four and the rest of the squad is by far the biggest in the competition.

1717073093016.png

It was a four-season low for the Gumbies in terms of volume, although not a dramatic drop as the levels have been fairly consistent for a while now.

1717073290726.png

Some upside here for the Gumbies though as they did trend slightly upwards in terms of participants each week, no doubt helped by bringing back a couple of former players that wanted to re-enter the fray.

1717073389563.png

The number of active posters has stayed consistent over the last three seasons, sitting between 7 and 7.6 per week.

View attachment 2005573
View attachment 2005577

The Gumbies were the second quietest team in the league this season, narrowly trailing the Furies, and it was only those two clubs' match thread where the Gumbies claimed a 'win' in terms of posting volume. Falconista (36.3ppw) led a very established pack of four posters who were the main components of the side this season, the others being GWS Goose (28.7), cats_09 (26.5) and beez (25.7), with Barrybran coming in at fifth with 9.4 posts per week. In total they had eight posters hit the 'active' benchmark of averaging 5 posts a week or more.

View attachment 2005591

The Gumbies had a quiet off-season bringing in just the rookie DinoSoar and the rest of their movements came within the season. At the last second they brought back Brick Loosener who averaged nearly 6 posts a week and also picked up the returning Supercheapgiants who started strong before fading away late in the season. They had two unforced delistings mid-season in the well, with nobbyiscool's account terminated and miggs sadly passing away.

View attachment 2005594

The Gumbies top four posters made up a massive chunk (69.2% to be exact) of their total volume, with 7.3% coming from outside the top 10. This disparity between the top four and the rest of the squad is by far the biggest in the competition.

View attachment 2005600

It was a four-season low for the Gumbies in terms of volume, although not a dramatic drop as the levels have been fairly consistent for a while now.

View attachment 2005605

Some upside here for the Gumbies though as they did trend slightly upwards in terms of participants each week, no doubt helped by bringing back a couple of former players that wanted to re-enter the fray.

View attachment 2005607

The number of active posters has stayed consistent over the last three seasons, sitting between 7 and 7.6 per week.
The Gumbies? More like the Binaries... LOL ROFLCOPTER

S37 Extra - Club Recruitment Practices (S35-37)
After all this great work you go and stuff it up, i suggest you have a gander at the rookie recruiting for the last 4 seasons and then make a formal apology to The Old Boys, you might find that we are no 1 at recruiting rookies as well.
Sorry for the delay in response, I obviously needed to consult the stats first before I delivered my rebuttal here.

What I've done is look at each of the clubs in the last three seasons (so not including the Old Boys' foundation season obviously) and their recruitment practices

1717076268356.png

So this is pretty simply broken down into which players are rookies or returning players, ie you're just generating activity from scratch, not taking from another club, and which players were signed from rival clubs, and the ratio. So the Old Boys are one of four clubs to have poached more than they've produced, the Demons are actually the worst in this regard, whereas the Wonders have managed to build a pretty good list without signing anyone from other clubs.

And then there's the last column, which I've called 'total posts plundered', and this is just the total number of posts in the previous season by players that have been signed from within the SFA. And in this stat, no one even comes remotely close. The Royals have far less than a third of this total.

I know it's also gonna be an indicator that you do well at enticing players across but objectively the Old Boys take far more out of the comp than they put in and I think I've shown it here.

Sorry for the delay in response, I obviously needed to consult the stats first before I delivered my rebuttal here.

What I've done is look at each of the clubs in the last three seasons (so not including the Old Boys' foundation season obviously) and their recruitment practices

View attachment 2005653

So this is pretty simply broken down into which players are rookies or returning players, ie you're just generating activity from scratch, not taking from another club, and which players were signed from rival clubs, and the ratio. So the Old Boys are one of four clubs to have poached more than they've produced, the Demons are actually the worst in this regard, whereas the Wonders have managed to build a pretty good list without signing anyone from other clubs.

And then there's the last column, which I've called 'total posts plundered', and this is just the total number of posts in the previous season by players that have been signed from within the SFA. And in this stat, no one even comes remotely close. The Royals have far less than a third of this total.

I know it's also gonna be an indicator that you do well at enticing players across but objectively the Old Boys take far more out of the comp than they put in and I think I've shown it here.
Oof. Robertio destroyed by facts and logic.

OOBs categorical proven to be the sponges of the league.

View attachment 2005653

wow how good are the Wonders for the league they're really cool please ignore that I now have a fear of being rejected due to this league. go wonders, very good, very cool

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Headless was right. The league will die in Season 40.
If we keep trying to expect more more more and yet not actually do more then yeah, it’s on a downward slope. Sometimes we just need to remember why we’re here and that’s for a bit of fun at the end of the day.

Do we split the Dragons back to the sharks and Dragons? That could be fun! A split!
To quote a clever chappy on May 16 regarding that era:
Don't ask a question like that my friend. Don't go there... o_O

Remove this Banner Ad

Media BI Productions Presents: S37 List Assessment & Posting Stats + S34-36 catch-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back