Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Inter forum football match anyone?

Heres the 5:10 PM as of 5:12 PM team

B. Mastermind - BigSav26 (TSK) - Royal Blue
HB. Coach (TSK) - Sco/Bravo Dish (TSK) - Colby68
C. F/D - Helmie - Sharks69
HF. AndyRoo - B.Rock - #1Boss (TSK)
F. FMM - Lidge - Drexl (TSK)
R. FootyFanatic007 - Wild Kangaroo - Mighty Mick (for a limited time only)

Inter. PaulKanga2000 - YOTR - Hilly(TSK) - Dingster - Unleaded34 - sbdan - Thumping - Sealen Eats Infants (TSK) - Pharro

If i've forgotten anyway just say or if anyone still wants to play just say as it is the inevitable that atleast a few will have to pull out.

BTW, still a rover spot up for grabs.

Cheer Red Blood said:
Maybe if I'm in the area hey? Depending on what area it's in...Which opposition forum are you playing against? Maybe I'll sign up on a wing for them.. ;)
Haha you would beat me :p

Fatter than a bingeing Calthorpe
More powerful than a Daniltchenko
Is it a Groom?
Is it a Plain?

No... it's fatbeerdrinkingbastardman!

Might come and watch if this gets off the ground (which I certainly won't)

Darky said:
Fatter than a bingeing Calthorpe
More powerful than a Daniltchenko
Is it a Groom?
Is it a Plain?

No... it's fatbeerdrinkingbastardman!

Might come and watch if this gets off the ground (which I certainly won't)
Plugger?

F/D said:

Minus any amount of ability. Show plenty of guts though!

Vital stats 30, 182, 107.

Strengths : Guinness, Lowenbrau, Jaegermeister, Schlager (eccentrically German folk music)
Weaknesses : Guinness, Lowenbrau, Jaegermeister, aerobic exercise

Like I said, better I just watch. :D

Attention Everybody

The date for the football match looks set for the 8th of January 2006 and the likely location is the Parkville ovals near the Royal Gardens (Melways P.29 F10) as Glenferrie is said to be going under renovations so we will not be able to play there (the Richmond Essendon debacle may also have something to do with it). However There is plenty of parking at the Parkville ovals, which is also near both trams and trains and the goal posts are up.

Could everybody state their availability for this date and if the location suits

Here is the team for the proceedings...

Inter. PaulKanga2000 - YOTR - Hilly(TSK) - Dingster - Unleaded34 - sbdan - Thumping - Sealen Eats Infants (TSK) - Pharro

Cheers HeLMie...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darky said:
Minus any amount of ability. Show plenty of guts though!

Vital stats 30, 182, 107.

Strengths : Guinness, Lowenbrau, Jaegermeister, Schlager (eccentrically German folk music)
Weaknesses : Guinness, Lowenbrau, Jaegermeister, aerobic exercise

Like I said, better I just watch. :D

Darky, if those stats are acurate I reckon you'd make a pacy crumber in the pocket next to me in the square. Almost jockey stats those!:thumbsu:

Mine. 37 - 193cms & 125kgs (Merv Hughes-esque, minus the mo)

BTW & most importantly - I assume Naughtons is the nearest pub to the ground? Or Bridie O'Riellys at the Northern end of Princes Park?

This could get messy. I'm due to be stepping off a plane from Manchester, via Frankfurt & Singapore that morning (after having a tilt at Boonie's record)

HeLMie said:
Attention Everybody

The date for the football match looks set for the 8th of January 2006 and the likely location is the Parkville ovals near the Royal Gardens (Melways P.29 F10) as Glenferrie is said to be going under renovations so we will not be able to play there (the Richmond Essendon debacle may also have something to do with it). However There is plenty of parking at the Parkville ovals, which is also near both trams and trains and the goal posts are up.

Could everybody state their availability for this date and if the location suits

Here is the team for the proceedings...

Cheers HeLMie...

Still count me as in for now, but Mrs.Marstermind, Marstermind jnr and I are going away just after Christmas for a couple of weeks and it'll be line ball if we get back by the 8th.

Lidge said:
Darky, if those stats are acurate I reckon you'd make a pacy crumber in the pocket next to me in the square. Almost jockey stats those!:thumbsu:

Mine. 37 - 193cms & 125kgs (Merv Hughes-esque, minus the mo)

BTW & most importantly - I assume Naughtons is the nearest pub to the ground? Or Bridie O'Riellys at the Northern end of Princes Park?

This could get messy. I'm due to be stepping off a plane from Manchester, via Frankfurt & Singapore that morning (after having a tilt at Boonie's record)

Hmm... could go halves on a slab and have the goal umpire mind it... :D

I remember the first BigFooty match 4 or 5 years ago, stinking hot 38 degree January day, and we played at McAlister Oval in Brunswick/Parkville... 1 or 2pm I think it was, absolute vagina of a time for a social footy match.

Consumed a two pints of (clear) schnaps DURING the game, cleverly disguised in a Mt.Franklin water bottle. :D Needless to say by the end of it I was a bit dehydrated... three or four pints of the black gold and a couple of shots of Chartreuse at Bridie's and I was gone for all money. Near death on the way home!

Only got about five possessions and a mark & goal, but some drongo even gave me votes for my "ruckwork" in the after-match thread!

Imagining the footy is a stubbie does NOT make you run any faster.

Darky - with those credentials I reckon you'd slot nicely into our cricket team in the YHCA (Yarra Hotels Cricket Association).

You drink cans while fielding, batting & umpiring. Home pub puts on the BBQ & slabs (17 slabs versus the Rose Hotel was our best effort last season). Have some cool rules. Can't go out first ball, no LBW rule, and you get awarded a bonus 5 runs batting when you knock a fielders tinnie over (but have to leave the field to buy them a refill).

The comp's logo says it all.

Image18.jpg

If anyone's up for a good laugh and a pile of beers, I highly recommend coming to watch the local derby (Royal Oak vs The Tramways) at Brunswick St Oval in mid January, or even better the slog fest in Feb/March where 8 Fitzroy die hard pubs go into knock out, last man standing cricket & drinking.

Live bands on all arvo, cheap beer ($2 a can), commentary from Slim Whittle in the grandstand and organised (& regular) streakers. What more could you want? Unbelievably, about 3,000 punters rocked up last to soak up the atmosphere (probably the biggest crowd at the ground since the Roys played there).

Sport as it should be played:thumbsu:

HeLMie said:
Attention Everybody

Parkville ovals near the Royal Gardens (Melways P.29 F10)

You can't play any organised sport on the ovals in Royal Park

Council inspectors will kick you off (it has happened before)

Need to get a council permit if you want to play there

And secondly all of Royal Park will be closed and locked down from January 1 due to the Commonwealth Games

Tigger said:
Royal Park will be closed and locked down from January 1 due to the Commonwealth Games

This bloke is on the money.

Due to the Commonwealth Games (the great Spectacle of Melbourne :thumbsdown: ) we are unable to play at any of these grounds as Royal Park will be closed. However we will find another ground for this date.

I think we are in trouble,I hear that the Melbourne boys are training.I havnt picked up a football for five years !

Dont worry, with a centre line of Helmie, sharks and myself....we cannot lose....

Remove this Banner Ad

Big Footy Kangaroos vs Demonland footy match, January 8 at Sandringham

Remove this Banner Ad

Back