Big Four Parasites do it again

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
To all the apologist hypocrits who argue with me about how the advantaged four Vic clubs deserve their blockbusters and the disadvantaged Vic clubs need to do more work at getting larger crowds and get their own "blockbusters", have a read of this. It makes my blood boil to think of these two parasite clubs leeching the life out of other clubs struggling to improve their lot with innovation and planning.
Oh and there is no COI is there Mr Collins????

This is sick making. Farking money grabbing hypocrits the lot of them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saints livid with rival clubs
By Greg Denham
June 20, 2003
ST KILDA president Rod Butterss yesterday accused Carlton and Richmond of attempting to hijack one of the Saints' biggest drawing fixtures of the season.

Carlton and Richmond have asked to play each other in an annual blockbuster next year at Easter, potentially leaving the Saints out in the cold.
St Kilda claim the AFL had given them an undertaking that a repeat of this year's successful experiment on Easter Monday at Telstra Dome against Richmond would be programmed again in 2004.
The St Kilda-Richmond clash in round four drew a crowd of 44,382 which provided a significant boost for the Saints' finances.
"What Carlton and Richmond want are only wish lists at the moment and there is a lot of water to go under the bridge," an angry Butterss said.
"The AFL have given us an undertaking that we've earned the right to play Richmond on Easter Monday which potentially gives us an annual blockbuster."
Butterss was not impressed that the Tigers had turned their backs on a verbal commitment to keep the Easter Monday date.
Butterss said he had faith in the AFL to treat all clubs fairly and evenly, and not just those with blockbuster status.
"We would trust the AFL to maintain the integrity of the draw," Butterss said.
The question of who plays Richmond next Easter is an example of Ian Collins having a conflict of interest. As president of Carlton, he wants to play the Tigers at the MCG. As chief executive of Melbourne Stadiums Ltd, which operates Telstra Dome, this year he backed St Kilda to draw well against Richmond.
MCC secretary Stephen Gough said yesterday he would welcome another blockbuster on either Good Friday or the following Monday.
"This year was the first time in years the AFL didn't program an Easter Monday game here," Gough said.
Richmond and Carlton have asked the AFL to drop their ban on games on Good Friday. But the league has been adamant in its resistance to playing on the holiest day of the Christian calendar.
The AFL remains the only football code in the country which considers it inappropriate to play on Good Friday.
Plan B for Carlton and Richmond is to play on Easter Monday.
Richmond president Clinton Casey said the Tigers favoured the Monday fixture against Carlton over playing St Kilda at the Dome.
"We've got more history with Carlton and it's an opportunity to play a bigger game at the MCG," Casey said.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So as far as Casey is concerned they want to play Carlton because they have "more history" whatever the heck that means.
Funny I thought Richmond were gifted handouts of home games each and every single farking year to the other three advantaged clubs because they have "more history". Got nothing to do with money has it?

I hope their pathetic grab falls flat on it @rse. Like both clubs are currently doing on field.

Carlton and Richmond have a great rivalry stemming mainly from the late 60's and 70's-80's, who do StKilda even have a rivalry with? As I understood it the saints kind of think of Carlton now as their biggest rival because of the hamill sellout thing and of course BJ. Feeling certainly isn't reciprocated in my eyes, not for your club anyway. More like for us it's against $cumill and the AFL.

I don't see why you'd be so ****ed off about this actually, why can't Carlton and Richmond want to play each other and not the saints?

This is sick making. Farking money grabbing hypocrits the lot of them.

No...listening to you whinge and whine is sick!

So as far as Casey is concerned they want to play Carlton because they have "more history" whatever the heck that means.
Funny I thought Richmond were gifted handouts of home games each and every single farking year to the other three advantaged clubs because they have "more history". Got nothing to do with money has it?

Stkilda....reminds me of the beggars in the city...that get ****ed off when they ask you for money and you say no!

What about Richmonds rights...don't they have the right to 'want to play Carlton' on Easter Monday....instead of play Stkilda. Richmond are in the AFL...for Richmond. Casey's primary job is to ensure that RICHMOND make a profit....not Stkilda! If thier is more money in it for Richmond....then why would they want to play Stkilda?

You selfish pricks expect every AFL club that makes a profit, to bend over backwards to ensure Stkilda recieve extra funds....without taking responsibility for your own actions....how much did you pay Blight again???

boo hoo.....have a whinge...Richmond wanna play Carlton instead of Stkilda. Boo hoo. Here's the kleenex!

I hope their pathetic grab falls flat on it @rse. Like both clubs are currently doing on field.

Have ya had a look at the ladder lately. Here...to freshen up your memory. Richmond ---- 9, Stkilda ---- 10. So if Richmond are pathetic...what does that make you guys??

Just because Carlton and Richmond have a great Rivarly doesnt mean they should get the public holiday game, because they can almost fill the stadium without a public holiday.

The Big 4 dont really need to play each other on Public Holidays, because they have that rivalry, they pull the crowds.

Anzac Day and Queens Birthday should stay.

All Blockbuster games should be played at the MCG......

Originally posted by Lestat

Have ya had a look at the ladder lately. Here...to freshen up your memory. Richmond ---- 9, Stkilda ---- 10. So if Richmond are pathetic...what does that make you guys??

That might be so, but think about it this way :) werent Richmond on the top of the ladder at one stage? I might be wrong but either way they WERE in the top 8! now they have dropped. Stkilda have improved and gone higher on the ladder :) So in my opinion that makes us the better team :D

Hope that makes sense! Its too early to be trying to explain the way my brain works hehe :p

I predict that within 10 years, the fixture for any given season will be identical.

Carlton vs. Richmond on Easter Monday is a fantastic idea. Much better atmosphere at Blues vs. Tigers than any game against the Saints.

Double the revenue, (so we can keep giving you your pocket money Joffaboy ;) , and a perfect opportunity for clubs with big supporters bases to enjoy a big game.

If it was a Carlton richmond "blockbuster" the game would be an alternating home game.

If it wewre Saints Richmond at the dome then it would always be a saints home game.

So who is the farkin money hungry club is this instance.

Ahh the saints the team that cried wolf !!!!!

The fact that 2 teams have a "rivalry" dosen't mean squat. If that really meant something, wouldn't bitter rivals Carlton and Colingwood play more blockbusters? St Kilda used to have South Melbourne as a rival, due to thier proximity in location, but then they moved to Sydney. Tradition seems not to mean alot in the AFL world these days, anyway. The fact is, St Kilda played Richmond this year, drew 44,000+, and was tentatively promised the Easter Monday fixture for the forseeable future. The AFL has to deal with this on a "first come: first serve" basis. We have already had Anzac Day and Queens Birthday Blockbusters ripped off from us (yes, we used to play these!).
I for one hope this remains a St Kilda Vs Richmond game. I would have the same points if St Kilda wanted to play Queens Birthday Vs Collingwood. Melbourne are already ensconced in playing the game, they should keep it.

Originally posted by Deej
Carlton and Richmond have a great rivalry stemming mainly from the late 60's and 70's-80's, who do StKilda even have a rivalry with? As I understood it the saints kind of think of Carlton now as their biggest rival because of the hamill sellout thing and of course BJ. Feeling certainly isn't reciprocated in my eyes, not for your club anyway. More like for us it's against $cumill and the AFL.

I don't see why you'd be so ****ed off about this actually, why can't Carlton and Richmond want to play each other and not the saints?

Why would the Saints think Carlton are our biggest rivals? You haven't beaten us in years and are on the slide. We are on the way up.
I would prefer to build up a rivalry with a non Vic team such as Port or the WC rather than one of yesterdays teams like Carlton.

Oh BTW Deej, dont you find it ironic just the type of player the Blues need right now is someone like our inspirational captain. Geez I'm glad Pigz@rse opened his stupid mouth.

And why should two of the advantaged clubs who are gifted home matches against the other large drawing Vic clubs get even more handouts.

As I understand, all i ever hear from advantaged club members and supporters is that they would draw a large crowd on any day.

If this is so why try and grab a smaller clubs chance to amke money.

Parasites and leeches. AFL endorsed welfare recipients. And still you want more.

Hypocrits the lot of you.

Lestat - you are a tool.

Originally posted by peejay
If it was a Carlton richmond "blockbuster" the game would be an alternating home game.

If it wewre Saints Richmond at the dome then it would always be a saints home game.

So who is the farkin money hungry club is this instance.

Ahh the saints the team that cried wolf !!!!!

So Carlton and Richmond don't get home game "blockbusters" against each other each and every single year?

Keep up with the argument mate or you will look even more stupid.

So one St.Kilda allocated "blockbuster" per year makes us money hungry. What does it make your club that get three home blockbusters each and every single year given to them in a rigged draw, then want to screw a club that doesn't get this AFL endorsed welfare by trying to make more money from one of these gifted games?

Just like your club , you are a hypocrit and a parasite.

Key quote

"CARLTON AND RICHMOND have asked to play EACH OTHER in annual blockbuster next year at Easter"

get the message St Kilda. heck off, neither of them wants to play you.
Go set up a blockbuster clash with Nth Melbourne, or the Bulldogs on Easter Monday at the dome or somethin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Essendon Football Club makes a profit standing on its own two feet, does your “Parasite” of a Club?

How dare you call my Club a "Parasite" :mad:
The only "Parasite" you have mentioned would be Butterss. :mad:

Lestat - you are a tool.

Aww...poor basket charity case is having a whinge.

Here you go....here's $5 dollars...go buy yourself a big mac or something....or if you really feel the need, you can donate it to your pathetic club (After all, they do need all the help they can get. :)

Any more handouts?? Isn't $5 enough? ;)

I can't see 4 parasites anywhere in all that. All I can see is a request by two former large clubs with a great rivalry that are both largely irrelevant now because the world has passed them by. They are just trying to cling some semblance of their former self importance. It's sad really. It's a bit like Aussie Joe Bugner one more time.

Time for a random draw and open competition. I too am growing tired of the parasitical tendency of the AFL at large.

Back to the laws of nature that govern all forms of life except for AFL football. Evolution and survival of the fittest.

Hang on, it takes two to tango. If the Tigers don't want to dance with the Saints, that's their business. The Saints need to convince them-it ain't Richmond's fault that Docklands is so damned unnattractive.

As far as I can see Butterrs is getting angry that he hasn't done enough to keep his "potential blockbuster" partners happy. Richmond have every right to seek high drawing games to maximize their exposure.

If the Saints can come up with a club that actually wants to play them in a showpiece game (although that's hardly likely at Docklands) more strength to their arms.

It doas prove there is extra money in these holiday fixtures so they should either be shared around or if the sam clubs play every year then a portion should be used to subsidise the clubs which lose money on the known bad days (eg mothers day).

Ess and Coll already share the loot from anzac day rather than it being a home game for either club. - this is just extending the principle.

44,000 fans vs 65+ hmmmmmmm cant see really why we would rather have carlton instead of the saints.:rolleyes:.the saints have had plenty of time to be apart of the big scene in the vfl/afl but as always they shoot themselves in the foot.
face it joffaboy the saints will always be the cinderella of the victorian sides who just cant seem to reach that midnite timeslot.

Originally posted by MarkT
I can't see 4 parasites anywhere in all that. All I can see is a request by two former large clubs with a great rivalry that are both largely irrelevant now because the world has passed them by. They are just trying to cling some semblance of their former self importance. It's sad really. It's a bit like Aussie Joe Bugner one more time.

a bit similar to the pies trying to convince the football world they are the best.1 flag in over 50yrs.the world has certainly past the pies quiet a few times.

St.Kilda + Blockbuster = La La Land.

You have to force your hand, not put your hand out again and again. The Saints have the talent, so do something with that talent. Start drawing the big crowds and the AFL will have no choice but to give you a big game. But FFS: EARN IT.

Stop crying a river and blaming everyone else. Oh it's not fair. Oh they did it! Oh why can't we have a premiership?

Shall we schedule a premiership win for the Saints? I mean it hardly seems fair when everyone else has more.

Have a bit of pride. Or should we give you a quota of that as well since St.Kilda has been sadly lacking in that department for over a hundred years.

a bit similar to the pies trying to convince the football world they are the best.1 flag in over 50yrs.the world has certainly past the pies quiet a few times.

Two final series...in how many years is it now Tiger???

Originally posted by Deej

Rivlaries have to start somewhere

peopel trumpet on that we need 16 clubs then take every opportnuty they can to shaft the battlers.

Collins conflict is interesting.

Does anyone do what's right anymore rather than what suits their interests??

I think it should be a cold day in hell before the MCG get a god firday or an easter monday match untilt they compromise over the finals.

The leverage starts here.

I have great pride in my club. I think after we have pulled ourselves up the ladder this year with hard work and several 40,000+ crowds at The Dome, I think we deserve a little respect. We could earn respect until the cows come home, then we ould earn respect from them, but some people continue to fall back upon the "crap history" and "club culture" arguments. Respect is a two way street - it's all very well and good to earn it, but it also has to be given.
IMO, we have earned the right to play a blockbuster game at the Dome. We used to play on Queens Birthday and ANZAC day, but we don't any more. Why are some people so vehemently anti-St Kilda?
Anyway, if we earn lots of money fromn this Blockbuster - less "handouts" from other clubs (you are such humanitarians!)
Everyone wins!

Remove this Banner Ad

Big Four Parasites do it again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back