Big Four Parasites do it again

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Lestat
Aww...poor basket charity case is having a whinge.

Here you go....here's $5 dollars...go buy yourself a big mac or something....or if you really feel the need, you can donate it to your pathetic club (After all, they do need all the help they can get. :)

Any more handouts?? Isn't $5 enough? ;)

Didn't realise you were a right wing capitalist

George Bush Jnr would be proud of you

Aww...poor basket charity case is having a whinge.

Here you go....here's $5 dollars...go buy yourself a big mac or something....or if you really feel the need, you can donate it to your pathetic club (After all, they do need all the help they can get. :)

Any more handouts?? Isn't $5 enough? ;)

Sorry - Lestat, you really are a HUGE tool.

Great rebuttal from you:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by MarkT
I can't see 4 parasites anywhere in all that. All I can see is a request by two former large clubs with a great rivalry that are both largely irrelevant now because the world has passed them by. They are just trying to cling some semblance of their former self importance. It's sad really. It's a bit like Aussie Joe Bugner one more time.

Time for a random draw and open competition. I too am growing tired of the parasitical tendency of the AFL at large.

Back to the laws of nature that govern all forms of life except for AFL football. Evolution and survival of the fittest.

Perhaps you are right MarkT, Essendon and Collingwood already have a public holiday all wrapped up so it is just the other two advantaged clubs who want to have more advantages.

Time for a random draw. Agreed wholeheartedly. That means no blockbusters, no showdowns and local derbies twice a year, and no equalisation fund.

I would be all for that.

Bet you are the only supporter of the advantaged four who would have the courage to back that though. Self Interest means everything to most supporters.

Originally posted by Cyclops

As far as I can see Butterrs is getting angry that he hasn't done enough to keep his "potential blockbuster" partners happy. Richmond have every right to seek high drawing games to maximize their exposure.

And the AFL has every right to tell them to get nicked

Broadcast deal needs 16 clubs

Next deal will be better if we still have 16 clubs

Compromise needs to be reached and these games given to teams like the Saints to give them a boost.

Or we can accet realisty and cut four Melbourne clubs from next year and then we can toss the draft and the salary cap and have an even draw.

I think its time supoprter of the big Clubs in Victoria came clean on what sort of AFL they would like to see.

The problem is Richmond will get nothing from always giving the Saints a home game every year at Easter.

Play it against Carlton at the G and alternate the home and away and they will make a significant profit.

Richmond are there to look after Richmond, not try and help out a rival club.

Originally posted by Gopies 2002
The problem is Richmond will get nothing from always giving the Saints a home game every year at Easter.

Play it against Carlton at the G and alternate the home and away and they will make a significant profit.

Richmond are there to look after Richmond, not try and help out a rival club.

I can't believe you could be so ignorant of the issue.

The problem is mate, that Richmond, as well as Carlton get a leg up each and every single year by playing a home game against each other. This means the draw is rigged in their favour.
For Christ's sake keep up will you.

Richmond get home games against Essendon Carlton and Collingwood given to them every single bloody year. How does that help the other Vic teams? They have to take up the slack by playing low drawing teams from Vic or non Vic teams, again meaning a low draw.

Is this really too hard for you to follow ?Sheesh:confused: :confused:

Yes...lets label anyone we disagree with as a 'right wing capitalist'.

Should be fun :)

No more accurate to call them a tool who contributes nothing but typical chiched cant and invective, but never addresses the issues.

Oh BTW tool show me $1 where your club has directly handed out anything to the Saints.

Put up or shut up Bush's poodle.

No more accurate to call them a tool who contributes nothing but typical chiched cant and invective, but never addresses the issues.

And I suppose you have addressed the issue Joffa. Actually you are sticking up for your club, just as every other supporter does for theirs.

There are inequalities in the AFL. Deal with it. I hate the salary cap advantage Brisbane does, but I accept that all Brisbane supporters would more than likely defend it, as they should. Any advantage you can get over a competitor you should take.

And by the by, there is a reason your club always gets labelled a rabble. because history dictates that it has been. If you continue to improve, then over time you will remove a lot of that stigma, just as i.e. Geelong could get rid of thier handbags with sustained on field success.

Is this a decent enough argument, or have I rolled out the cliches as well.

Joffaboy

I wont respond to your tirade which is water off a duck's back.

What really annoys me is your mis-spelling of the word

"hypocrite".

It isnt "hypocrit", it is "hypocrite".

Typos are one thing and I probably have one here, but that isnt a typo, is it?

Cheers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Joffaboy,

Just a question, have St. Kilda ever, and I mean ever, been pro active in seeking and promoting games of this kind?

If not, then what the hell are you whinging about? These teams asked the AFL if it could be a regular fixture, St. Kilda could do a similar thing.

You guys play in Tasmania 3 times a year, if I'm correct, would that not be an advantage over teams that don't play there as often? Would that not be an advantage because you are seeking opportunities in a market where only one other team is seeking those opportunties? If not, then why the hell are you playing down there?

Joffa,

That still doesn't mean that Richmond or any other club should try and help the Saints.

Richmond will try and do the best for Richmond. If that means playing Carlton at Easter instead of trying to help the Saints, then so be it.

Your fight is with the AFL, not Richmond.

Okay as the token Tiger supporter.

We currently only play Carlton twice a year every three years. The last three years we have played them around round 12. The previous year we had them twice (rounds 7 and 22) the year before I are not certain.

The last two years is the first time we have a guateneed game against Collingwood in round one. I think our Current agreement is four games against Carlton,Collingwood, and Essendon. I think it may be a similar arangment with the other three and the AFL.

Lets Roar

Khan

p.s I would also agree to a straight random draw like we used to have as long as all set games are set aside the drby games.

Originally posted by tiger of old
a bit similar to the pies trying to convince the football world they are the best.1 flag in over 50yrs.the world has certainly past the pies quiet a few times.
Well your arithmatic is not quite right. It is 14 all up, 1 in "AFL terms", 1 in 8 (completed) years, 2 in 45 (complated) years. True enough that "modern" flags have been scarce though.

And yet they continue to be the most demanded product. Hard to fathom isn't it.

Hey JOFFA, This might help you understand what the word PARASITE mean.

The definition / meaning of the word – Parasite, In the Collins Concise English Dictionary

1. An animal or plant that lives in or on another (the host) from which it obtains nourishment
2. A person who habitually lives at the expense of others: Sponger…

The Big four you keep on calling Parasites are NOT, They are the HOST where else St’Kilda lives of these host

Originally posted by Joffaboy
I can't believe you could be so ignorant of the issue.

The problem is mate, that Richmond, as well as Carlton get a leg up each and every single year by playing a home game against each other. This means the draw is rigged in their favour.
For Christ's sake keep up will you.

Richmond get home games against Essendon Carlton and Collingwood given to them every single bloody year. How does that help the other Vic teams? They have to take up the slack by playing low drawing teams from Vic or non Vic teams, again meaning a low draw.

Is this really too hard for you to follow ?Sheesh:confused: :confused:

Joffa, could you please do me a favour and post up the correct AFL fixture for the year?

Those fools at the official AFL site have botched it, they reckon Richmond only play Carlton ONCE this year in the H&A season. Can you believe how incompetant they are, I mean really, they have gone and posted a fixture that say Richmond play St.Kilda TWICE. Not only that, but they reckon St. Kilda play Carlton TWICE this season.

Can you believe how far off the mark they are?

Last Richmond v Carlton fixture at MCG - 35,000 crowd approx.
(Coll v Haw on same weekend - 48,000)

No wonder they want to move to easter weekend - they need to boost that crowd somehow.

Saints v Carlton and richmond this year - well over 40,000 at telstra dome.

Originally posted by Pessimistic
Last Richmond v Carlton fixture at MCG - 35,000 crowd approx.
(Coll v Haw on same weekend - 48,000)

I reckon the forecast of hail, thunder, rain and icy wind that day put a lot of people off, even if it never eventuated.

Lets hear it collectively all you collingwood fans...

"WE ARE THE ENVY OF A NATION!!!!!"

Now stand in a circle, hold hands, bow your heads close your eyes and jog on the spot. And chant the above over and over 111 times. No need to do any more, just 111 times will do.

It's the number of times we've beaten you in league history if you didn't already know. By the way you've only rolled us 100 or something.

16 flags boys. And I've seen 5 of em. And 2 of em were against Collingwood AHAHAHAHHAHHHAAAAA.

Mark you disappoint me, you're nothing but a troll.

Remove this Banner Ad

Big Four Parasites do it again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back