BIG Q on the move?

Remove this Banner Ad

Would Essendon be interested? They have no key forwards beside Gumby who looks good but is injury prone and Neagle & Hardingham who are questionable at best. Neagle missed a lot of footy to.

Lynch - an AFL premiership player.....

Nahas - a VFL player,proven nothing and not getting a game in front of some bloke called Webberley.

Get a clue!!!

Would Essendon be interested? They have no key forwards beside Gumby who looks good but is injury prone and Neagle & Hardingham who are questionable at best. Neagle missed a lot of footy to.

Lynch is a far better shot on goal than Neagle.:p

And can play other positions, ruck / CHF / ruck rover, which Neagle can't.

Neagle would have to be the worst FF in the comp by far.

Lynch for Reimers?

Lynch + our 3rd for their 2nd pick?

Lynch - an AFL premiership player.....

Nahas - a VFL player,proven nothing and not getting a game in front of some bloke called Webberley.

Get a clue!!!

Lynch: an absolute truckosaurus whose good days are so far behind him they're almost impossible to see now, and who only gets a game because of how crap our team is. A known, useless quantity

Nahas: a guy who might, one way or another, have a future. An unknown quantity.

Lynch: an absolute truckosaurus

Hey! I resent that! ;)

I think people might be underestimating Lynch's worth at the trade table. After all, Seaby wasn't exactly setting the world on fire and we still got a worthwhile pick for him. A team that needs a versatile big-body or even just a semi-decent CHF would be willing to give us something interesting for him. Personally I feel that that team is more the Gold Coast but that may be because they have all the picks and players I'm interested in. CHF is a tough position to play and Lynch could do it and pinch-hit in the ruck to allow any of their young KPFs time to find their feet and size.

Hey! I resent that! ;)

I think people might be underestimating Lynch's worth at the trade table. After all, Seaby wasn't exactly setting the world on fire and we still got a worthwhile pick for him. A team that needs a versatile big-body or even just a semi-decent CHF would be willing to give us something interesting for him. Personally I feel that that team is more the Gold Coast but that may be because they have all the picks and players I'm interested in. CHF is a tough position to play and Lynch could do it and pinch-hit in the ruck to allow any of their young KPFs time to find their feet and size.

Take into consideration of the poor midfield kicking to him Lynch still works pretty hard.

I'm hoping Gold Coast, just told my 8yr old daughter he might be going and she said she's changing teams.:eek:

Why? Lynch has been the far superior player.

That's what I think. As shit as Lynch has been this year, he's still superior to Naharse. Posters are thinking of Naharse in 2009, where he went o.k, not the Nahas that has been an absolute spud, in 2010.

WC will be getting ripped in a deal trading Lynch for Nahas. Bigs are worth a lot more than FP's. FP's have the least worth of any type of player.

Lynch is a far better shot on goal than Neagle.:p

And can play other positions, ruck / CHF / ruck rover, which Neagle can't.

Neagle would have to be the worst FF in the comp by far.

Lynch for Reimers?

Lynch + our 3rd for their 2nd pick?

I'd also perhaps trade McKinley for Arse-reimers. Better still, a goodly pick upgrade would be nice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few weeks ago the press had us believing he was signed up at GC.
He is....Its already agreed by both parties it just the finer points that need to be worked out.
I've read from the Richmond board that Nahas has been terrible. Some have said that it's a good thing that he hasn't been getting games.

I think WC can do better than Nahas. He has less value than Lynch. Just because WC need a FP, they shouldn't settle on just anybody. I'm against trading in Nahas for the Q.
Agreed, Nahas is ok but not what we need imo.
I dont really like Nahas. Selfish player.
He has to be, he's a forward and all the best forwards a selfish and hungry around goals.
What i think you mean is he isn't a team player and trys to be a superstar when he isn't 1.
Lynch + McKinley for Carlton's second rounder.

Dunno if that'd be allowed but would be a huge win for us.
Ahhhhh No it wouldn't we would be getting screwed again.

We are looking for an established small forward, Not a fringe player.
IMO Established means players like- S.Milne, L.Davis, A.Schnider, S.Burns, P.Chapman, B.Dick, Brett Ebert, Jeff Garlett etc etc etc.
Im not saying we are chasing any of these guys but I doubt that players like Nahas, Krackour and Co would be classed as established and would they bring anything different to the team that Guys like Hams, Neates, Weedon, Broome, LeCras, Strijk couldnt. NO.

I think our small forward stocks are pretty good and next year if Neates, LeCras, Weedon and Hams all play together in our forward half with Kennedy and either Wilson or Darling we will have a dangerous Tall and Small division.

I do however believe a Ruckman with our PP or a trade is a must, as Will Sullivan still isnt ready to be a back up ruck if either Cox or Naita go down.
I would like to take a chance on Max Bailey from Hawthorn.

Max Bailey- 23yrs, 206cm, 107kgs, 6 games, Drafted from West perth.
Bio- The young ruckman will likely miss the entire 2010 season after undergoing his third knee reconstruction in four years. His career looked over when he damaged his ‘good’ left knee against Essendon in the final round, but he remains upbeat about adding to his tally of six AFL games. Showed he can compete at the level in an impressive comeback match against Richmond the previous week – his first AFL game in three years – when he had nine disposals, 23 hit-outs and six tackles.

Draft history: 2005 NAB AFL Draft 1st round selection (Hawthorn) No. 18 overall.
I believe a straight swap for 1 of our defenders like Matt Spangher would get the deal done.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/eagles/7773952/big-q-wants-to-make-amends/

May not be going anywhere, Worsfold see him as part of the forward line next year - don't shout!

Well ... actually it says that "it is understood" that Worsfold sees him as part of the forwardline next year.

Must be one of the most overused, ambiguous phrases in footy journalism. Who understands it? What is the basis of their understanding?

Could mean something concrete, or nothing at all.

Well ... actually it says that "it is understood" that Worsfold sees him as part of the forwardline next year.

Must be one of the most overused, ambiguous phrases in footy journalism. Who understands it? What is the basis of their understanding?

Could mean something concrete, or nothing at all.

Indeed. The phrase "it is understood" is used when they can't actually get a quote.

Why can't they get a quote? Because no one actually said it.

I love it when people get carried away.

Remove this Banner Ad

BIG Q on the move?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back