BigFooty Death List 2023 - ClarkeM goes Back-To-Back, finishing 1st/60 with 251 points

Remove this Banner Ad

I just noticed that tree that was cut down next to Hadrian's wall at the top on the horizon.

The one that jars most is Lisa Loring, forever immortalised as a child.

Edit: is forever immortalised an oxymoron?

This may be a stupid question, but can someone offer enlightenment as to why there's a Crash Bandicoot doll at the front?

The original voice actor for Crash died early in the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good Times Nostalgia GIF by Sony Pictures Television

Norman Lear 101 Screenwriter and Producer

All In The Family, Maude , The Jeffersons and Good Times

Correct me if I'm wrong:
  • Maude was Edith Bunker's sister, making Maude an All in the Family spinoff
  • Florida was Maude's housekeeper/cleaner, making Good Times a Maude spinoff
  • ?
Some great writing in those shows. Funny with deeper issues explored which was fairly unusual at the time.

When I was a kid Good Times was on mid-week on some channel at 5:30PM so watched a fair bit of it. Was genuinely shocked when James died. Thought that would be the end of the show. Too young and before internet so didn't realise John Amos had movies to go and make.

And to close the loop back to Spiney's post, my pretty much favourite John Amos character was when he was playing half of an older gay couple with Stacy Keach in Two and a Half Men. To me it was funny because they were still playing their career stereotypical characters, just in a gay setting. It amused me.

RIP Norman

Correct me if I'm wrong:
  • Maude was Edith Bunker's sister, making Maude an All in the Family spinoff
  • Florida was Maude's housekeeper/cleaner, making Good Times a Maude spinoff
  • ?
Some great writing in those shows. Funny with deeper issues explored which was fairly unusual at the time.

When I was a kid Good Times was on mid-week on some channel at 5:30PM so watched a fair bit of it. Was genuinely shocked when James died. Thought that would be the end of the show. Too young and before internet so didn't realise John Amos had movies to go and make.

And to close the loop back to Spiney's post, my pretty much favourite John Amos character was when he was playing half of an older gay couple with Stacy Keach in Two and a Half Men. To me it was funny because they were still playing their career stereotypical characters, just in a gay setting. It amused me.

RIP Norman

Maude was Edith Bunkers cousin, not sister. (spin off into Maude series)

Florida was indeed her cleaner (spin off Good Times)

The Jefferson's lived next door to the Bunker's (spin off The Jeffersons)

Remove this Banner Ad

BigFooty Death List 2023 - ClarkeM goes Back-To-Back, finishing 1st/60 with 251 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Back