BigFooty Death List 2023 - ClarkeM goes Back-To-Back, finishing 1st/60 with 251 points

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the first time in about 10 years of doing Death Lists, that I have not correctly picked one bloody person right.

All I want for Christmas is anyone on my list to kark it in the next week, preferably a certain orange haired former President. I will enter a cloistered monastery if that happens.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is the first time in about 10 years of doing Death Lists, that I have not correctly picked one bloody person right.

All I want for Christmas is anyone on my list to kark it in the next week, preferably a certain orange haired former President. I will enter a cloistered monastery if that happens.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app
You got one

George Alagiah

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richard Franklin 87 English Actor

Played Captain Mike Yates from UNIT

I saw Richard Franklin died, just came on to post his name in case nobody else had.

I remember watching the UNIT era Doctor Who episodes (by this time repeats) as a kid back in the 1980s, and thought they were just about the coolest thing ever. While I might reassess this slightly now as an adult years later and can see some of the 'special effects', plot-holes and some of the acting, I still maintain that the John Pertwee-Tom Baker years of the show in the 1970s were its golden era, and vastly superior to the resurrected show from 2005 onwards.

Richard Franklin's Captain Yates had an interesting debut to Doctor Who alongside Katy Manning in the role of Jo Grant in 1971. While Jo Grant was a new character and introduced as such, Captain Yates was not introduced as a new character, but was said to have been there all along, and part of the action in the 1970 season episodes. It is very rare to see characters introduced like this, and the only other example I can think of is Gianni, one of Raymond's friends from 'Everybody Loves Raymond'. In the early seasons of that show, Gianni was not seen among Ray's circle of friends or even referenced, but from about 1999 onwards he just suddenly appeared, and was even seen in flashback episodes set years earlier.

Back to the subject of Doctor Who, there are very few living actors still left from the UNIT era following the passing of Richard Franklin. Still alive are Katy Manning (Jo Grant) aged 77, John Levene (Sergeant Benton) aged 82 and Tom Baker, the Fourth Doctor, who is close to 90 and extremely frail nowadays. John Pertwee (Third Doctor), Nicholas Courtney (Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart), Caroline John (Liz Shaw), Elisabeth Sladen (Sarah Jane Smith), Richard Franklin (Captain Yates), Ian Marter (Harry Sullivan) and Roger Delgado (The Master) have all passed away.

We have entered death week where a lot of people seem to let go after Christmas…

Could we see a twist to the tale in the leaderboard?
One reason I'm reluctant to submit my list yet lol...

Lee Sun-Kyun, 48

Lee Sun-kyun, a South Korean actor who starred in the Oscars' 2020 best picture winner "Parasite," died Wednesday morning, according to the Associated Press and the South Korean news agency Yonhap. He was 48.

He was found dead in a car in a park in central Seoul, according to AP. Police had been looking for Lee after his family claimed he wrote a suicide note and left home early on Wednesday.

Lee Sun-kyun, a South Korean actor who starred in the Oscars' 2020 best picture winner "Parasite," died Wednesday morning, according to the Associated Press and the South Korean news agency Yonhap. He was 48.

He was found dead in a car in a park in central Seoul, according to AP. Police had been looking for Lee after his family claimed he wrote a suicide note and left home early on Wednesday.
Phew I had Pi on my short list

The ABC report suggests police might have been a little more involved than looking for him

Any relation of Andrew Schauble?

Remove this Banner Ad

BigFooty Death List 2023 - ClarkeM goes Back-To-Back, finishing 1st/60 with 251 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Back